The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 September 2018, 05:48 AM   #121
Mfrankel2
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43,d-Blue, 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP63 View Post
i'll "try again" to clarify.

Not the 2018 .... oyster bracelet ... stickered up and in its box, blue/red bezel .... 7000euro
Something wrong. Blue Rd bezel means either 16710 (best case 15 years old), 2018 release (if steel, with jubilee bracelet) or solid gold (not at that price. Other option (but not rolex) would be new tudor but then again, close to 2X the price for that
Mfrankel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 06:34 AM   #122
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenfried29 View Post
she said it's GMT II 126711CHNR

I hope it’s there Sunday morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Halothane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 07:17 AM   #123
DGB
"TRF" Member

So at the end what did he see?

DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 07:20 AM   #124
Chilly Coconut
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfrankel2 View Post
Something wrong. Blue Rd bezel means either 16710 (best case 15 years old), 2018 release (if steel, with jubilee bracelet) or solid gold (not at that price. Other option (but not rolex) would be new tudor but then again, close to 2X the price for that
Oh wow, you’re really behind! Haha
Chilly Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 09:08 AM   #125
Dnf888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
OK. I had enough of this and just call in Rolex shop in CDG Terminal 2E. Spoke with Julia saleswomen. She said that they haven't or had any GMT Pepsi in store SS or WG. However they have Root Beer currently in store. But the price is 12.9k(if flight inside EU) and 11.2k (outside EU)

Thank you for checking.
So, the conclusion must be that the OP is a 55 year old troll??
Not colour blind, but maybe severely jet lagged??
At least I know the outcome and can sleep in peace. I’ve just finished reading this at midnight in the U.K. What a late night thriller!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dnf888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 09:11 AM   #126
zaydans
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116710
Whatever OP saw it wasn’t an SS BLRO. He starts the thread thinking how amazing it would be to report this piece on display, then realizes a couple pages in that he’s made a mistake, now everyone is on the case, and OP.........we’ll he’s disappeared.
zaydans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 09:18 AM   #127
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaydans View Post
Whatever OP saw it wasn’t an SS BLRO. He starts the thread thinking how amazing it would be to report this piece on display, then realizes a couple pages in that he’s made a mistake, now everyone is on the case, and OP.........we’ll he’s disappeared.
I don't blame him haha! He probably posted with good intentions and felt like he got steamrolled by a mob of angry psychopaths.

We have some clarity now, but do we really know the truth? Was the CHNR really the mystery GMT the OP saw...? Perhaps this mystery will forever remain unsolved...
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 03:55 PM   #128
DGB
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaydans View Post

Did he take a picture? That is the ultimate evidence.

I think we should do a poll....

Old 22 September 2018, 04:05 PM   #129
kitsgq
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsausley View Post
I hate it when I try to buy a Pepsi and get a Cock instead.
Lol!!!

Funniest thread yet!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
kitsgq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 05:57 PM   #130
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsausley View Post
I hate it when I try to buy a Pepsi and get a Cock instead.
usually i just buy some jewelry, its just easier.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 06:28 PM   #131
DP63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18078
Nope ... still here and not a 55 yr old troll with jet lag and poor eyesight, neither was the colleague who was offered the watch on Wednesday (from Julia) ... I was offered the watch from the young salesman on the Saturday previous (no idea of his name so we can add dementia to the list of physical and mental ailments I’ve been tagged with).

Take my word for it, or don’t ... I have nothing to gain from telling members what was offered (I could easily have made money from the members who pm’d me to purchase the watch on their behalf though, let’s not get in to that).

But hey, time to move on ... some lesson’s learned for me though with regards to this particular forum.

Take pictures (regardless of how tacky, pathetically fan boy and classless that may be) ...

Learn the model numbers, their respective prices and desirability like the back of my hand ... seems I should have done that before joining the forum instead of joining in the hope of learning something from those with a wealth of knowledge on here.

and finally

Never let anyone know about a watch you find that is of no interest to yourself but may be to someone else ... if anyone else can’t get it ... fuckim, not my problem.

Old 22 September 2018, 06:35 PM   #132
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nope ... still here and not a 55 yr old troll with jet lag and poor eyesight, neither was the colleague who was offered the watch on Wednesday (from Julia) ... I was offered the watch from the young salesman on the Saturday previous (no idea of his name so we can add dementia to the list of physical and mental ailments I’ve been tagged with).

Take my word for it, or don’t ... I have nothing to gain from telling members what was offered (I could easily have made money from the members who pm’d me to purchase the watch on their behalf though, let’s not get in to that).

But hey, time to move on ... some lesson’s learned for me though with regards to this particular forum.

Take pictures (regardless of how tacky, pathetically fan boy and classless that may be) ...

Learn the model numbers, their respective prices and desirability like the back of my hand ... seems I should have done that before joining the forum instead of joining in the hope of learning something from those with a wealth of knowledge on here.

and finally

Never let anyone know about a watch you find that is of no interest to yourself but may be to someone else ... if anyone else can’t get it ... fuckim, not my problem.

You confused a lot of people and your story did change to be fair, as you indicated you were interested in the watch. Then later on multiple occasions you said you were not interested. As written and as i have pointed out before the thread as written was more about "i want the watch, and if its still there when i can get it VAT free, then i will buy it" So that is why the thread took the tone it did.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 22 September 2018, 06:39 PM   #133
T.Mas
"TRF" Member

Quote:

and finally

Wow did you get piled on.
What the hell guys? So lame.
T.Mas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 06:41 PM   #134
DP63
"TRF" Member

Yup .. I can see why my “not interested but could be” caused confusion and I guess that’s down to how I wrote it as opposed to how I meant it to come across ... I’ll apologise for my poor wordsmith abilities.

Old 22 September 2018, 06:43 PM   #135
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yup .. I can see why my “not interested but could be” caused confusion and I guess that’s down to how I wrote it as opposed to how I meant it to come across ... I’ll apologise for my poor wordsmith abilities.

Quote:
I was heading back to the UK so would have had to pay tax ... flying out of the EU in 10 days so my be tempted if its still there.
Tax seemed to be the motivator, not being on the fence abut the merits of the watch. So apologies, if you didn't actually want it whatever it was at the end of the day.
Old 22 September 2018, 06:54 PM   #136
DGB
"TRF" Member

So what do we do now?

Can’t let this hilarious thread die over...

Old 22 September 2018, 06:57 PM   #137
DP63
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
Tax seemed to be the motivator, not being on the fence abut the merits of the watch. So apologies, if you didn't actually want it whatever it was at the end of the day.

Yeah ... tax and disposable income .. add both together and it makes a chuck of cash, I don’t tend to make impulsive purchases without justification first, but I’m human, and 15/16% discount based on the direction of my flight(?) ... temptation is a terrible thing, and added to a few hours to kill between flights, it can result in dents to the bank account.

Thanks, I appreciate your post, I’m done with this now ... and moving on, and with a valuable insight regarding some of the membership here.

Old 22 September 2018, 07:01 PM   #138
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
You had good intentions. However it was a post that frustrated me if I’m honest.

With us enthusiasts tiny details can make a massive massive difference. To most that is annoying, but for many of us on here, it’s what makes us enthusiasts.

As you acknowledge, a photo makes a huge difference and says 1000 words.

We’ve all been flamed on here a few times, don’t take it personally.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 07:06 PM   #139
DGB
"TRF" Member

GMT Master II CDG

Quote:

Thanks, I appreciate your post, I’m done with this now ... and moving on, and with a valuable insight regarding some of the membership here.

5 pages and 135 replies, you can be proud of your thread.

Not many subjects have done so well.

Old 22 September 2018, 07:45 PM   #140
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Damn I love Rolex. Hans is looking down with a wry proud smile on his face.
Besides the 5711 it's hard to see this type of ferver and hostility for a watch. And that was just one. The words bezel and red/blue were said in one sentence. That's a dinner bell... Yet there was nothing to eat. Say the words Daytona and white dial or ceramic Daytona black, green bezel Sub...

This type of cult like desire and worship for just about every reference is unique. Is this happening in the Breitling section?
AP maybe over a 15202 but otherwise I guess the price in general keeps most away. The average price of a Rolex accross the brand for ss is probably an even $10k.
That is a huuuge bargain. I can honestly see Rolex prices jump progressively 25% over the next decade. And they will still sell.

Great thread, but crappy ending like Sicario P2.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 07:53 PM   #141
Sportwatchmania
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛
no doubt in my mind I would buy instantly

116610LN - 116710BLNR - 116500LN White - 116500LN Black

Instagram: @sportwatchmania https://instagram.com/sportwatchmania/
Sportwatchmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 08:01 PM   #142
exador
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportwatchmania View Post
no doubt in my mind I would buy instantly
Buy what? We still don’t have a clue what the actual watch was after 140+ posts
exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 09:10 PM   #143
Chrislec
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
OK. I had enough of this and just call in Rolex shop in CDG Terminal 2E. Spoke with Julia saleswomen. She said that they haven't or had any GMT Pepsi in store SS or WG. However they have Root Beer currently in store. But the price is 12.9k(if flight inside EU) and 11.2k (outside EU)
This thread at least has the merit to have nice words about the professionalism of Julia from Rolex CDG 2E shop. I had the opportunity to have long passionate horology discussions with Julia when travelling via CDG, and she is a highly recommended sales person to deal with, and full of interesting stories about watch purchase. Definitely a great purchase experience if you deal with her!
Chrislec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 09:16 PM   #144
lenfried29
Banned

Watch: tick-tock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislec View Post
This thread at least has the merit to have nice words about the professionalism of Julia from Rolex CDG 2E shop. I had the opportunity to have long passionate horology discussions with Julia when travelling via CDG, and she is a highly recommended sales person to deal with, and full of interesting stories about watch purchase. Definitely a great purchase experience if you deal with her!
WOW! what a small world
Attached Images
File Type: jpg globus.jpg (1.3 KB, 160 views)
lenfried29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 09:16 PM   #145
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Hey... some of us are on your side. Not everyone here is a keyboard commando.

I'm still curious what you saw. If you make it back to this AD at CDG on your return, take a photo of the watch that you saw, no matter how tacky it may seem. ADs are used to it and it would put to rest the question that many here have.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 09:23 PM   #146
marcusp23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, CHNR an
Quote:

The mystery continues...
marcusp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 09:36 PM   #147
DGB
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusp23 View Post
The mystery continues...

I think he saw something,

But what?

Old 22 September 2018, 10:26 PM   #148
emtee
"TRF" Member

@OP - I’m not trying to give you sh*t it’s just what you said you saw makes absolutely no sense. Unless it was the WG model then the configuration you described doesn’t exist any longer. I think that’s the reason why everyone is confused and is trying to get to the bottom of it.
emtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 10:28 PM   #149
Grace
"TRF" Member

Maybe it’s an enigma; a mystery wrapped up in a riddle

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MadeupSarc...restricted.gif

Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 10:49 PM   #150
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Hmm...interesting. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Quote:

Hopefully what you've learned is that if you're going to post something about a super hot and hard to find desirable watch, that people are paying a $10k premium on the secondary market, is located somewhere, to be able to accurately describe it in your post.

I'll just tell you straight up, yes, you are going to get flamed when you don't do that. I'm not debating the merits of whether that's right or wrong, that's just what's going to happen. Don't get your feelings hurt, it's just a natural cause and effect...not personal by any means. In these days of Rolex shortage "hysteria", you might as well shout "Fire" in a movie theater or "Shark" at the beach.

Was the watch you saw a CHNR or a BLRO? I'll just ask straight up. There's a lot of us who have followed this thread with some degree of curiosity (or amazement) who would like some closure .
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote