The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 22 September 2018, 07:02 PM   #31
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Saw a gentleman in Japan wore RM on left wrist and AW on the right, with a chrome heart bracelet.
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 07:17 PM   #32
Eric-London
"TRF" Member

I wear my Apple watch most weekdays. Had every iteration since AW1. Now ordered the 44mm series 4 in stainless steel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasf13 View Post
That's like towing around a Porsche 911 with your Tesla.
I think the towing situation will most likely be the other way around
Eric-London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 09:04 PM   #33
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Think the mechanical watches and the Apple Watch can co-exist. I own an Apple watch 3 and use it home and most days to monitor my sleep at night. Haven't think about wearing both at the same time but why not if that is what you want!
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 09:04 PM   #34
Mephist
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVphile View Post
Each of them articulated a strong veto of my proposal, essentially because both felt it would make me look like a "dork".
I agree I think people wearing both look like a dork wean I see them. To me it just tells me they got something to prove.

However everyone should do as they want.
Old 22 September 2018, 09:16 PM   #35
macduffi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619LB & 228239
Why not add to the rotation? If you decide to wear two watches, is turning the iWatch to where the face of the watch is on the bottom of your wrist an option? This way it looks more like a bracelet and not a watch.
Old 22 September 2018, 09:45 PM   #36
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Every time this thread pops up, I fail to understand.

It is a watch, just like any other watch. It is a tool with a purpose. No one seems to mind having a Casio or Seiko next to their Rolex but bring up the topic of an Apple Watch and it becomes a major conundrum.

I wear my Apple watch for exercise. I have a first generation one that is going great. I wear my other watches for everything else. I will look at the new one when I can see it in the store and may get it.

Simple.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 09:59 PM   #37
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Keep the Rolex on the wrist and buy a true health monitor device to wear on the other wrist.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 10:02 PM   #38
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Every time this thread pops up, I fail to understand.

It is a watch, just like any other watch. It is a tool with a purpose. No one seems to mind having a Casio or Seiko next to their Rolex but bring up the topic of an Apple Watch and it becomes a major conundrum.

I wear my Apple watch for exercise. I have a first generation one that is going great. I wear my other watches for everything else. I will lok at the new one when I can see it in the store and may get it.

Simple.
Exactly and look forward to getting my new 4!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 10:06 PM   #39
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
I see quite a few people who wear a Fitbit on the right wrist and a regular analog watch on the left. Although not for me, I think it works well for people who really want the health monitoring on them at all time. The standard Fitbit is a lot less bulky than the Apple watches so it seems easier to pull off the double watch wearing with that IMO

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 10:08 PM   #40
77T

90% AW / 10% Rolex & AW

The only time I need both is when I’m at the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 10:20 PM   #41
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Right wrist all the time....it tracks walking, running, and swimming and gives me a jingle when I get a phone call or a text which is all I need it to do. I really like that it allows my phone to be kept on silent. It's pretty stealthy!!!!

The Fenix 3 on my left wrist sometimes but always for swimming or working out. It will provide all sorts of information which in general I don't need as it's redundant for the phone. It does however provide altitude and temperature data which isn't really necessary. I like the heart rate data it provides. It pairs with a chest strap monitor for swimming as well as it loses accuracy in the water as an HRM which is normally taken at the wrist. When this comes off (when I'm not working out) a mechanical watch goes on!!!

For me I have nothing against the Apple watch except for price and appearance neither of which are attractive to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2517 View Post
Saw a gentleman in Japan wore RM on left wrist and AW on the right, with a chrome heart bracelet.
From my experience the Japanese really love commercial fads and will indulge in them to the extreme regardless of how silly it would be from a western perspective.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 10:20 PM   #42
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
While I think the Iwatch and such appear to have all these health features, the scientist in me must say let’s put on the breaks. There are few if any independent research demonstrating the efficacy of these functions in the Apple Watch or fitbits. Data for data sake does nothing, unless one actually does something with it. The most useful function is the fall alert function as that is one of the leading causes of disability in folks over 60. And not to rain in the parade of those that monitor, but statistically we have been living with fitbits and iwatches for the last several years, yet the old chronic health problems continue to persist, and climb higher I.e. obesity, diabetes, high BP, etc. we have also had data for years in our health (long before these health devices) I.e. the scale, pant sizes, how we feel when we climb stairs, blood pressure and this data has not translated into a healthier collective population. To each his own, but I’ll be keeping my Daytona
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 10:20 PM   #43
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Although no plans to buy a smart watch, yet anyway, I do admit to at least being intrigued by the Galaxy watch in particular. Just from appearance I really like their design over the Apple or Fitbit designs. To me a watch should be round and Samsung has done a good job on the physical design. It's a sharp looking smart watch and works for all platforms (iOS Android) unlike the Apple Watch which only works with iPhones.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 05:21 AM   #44
Justinmg
"TRF" Member

Watch: PO
Just got the aw 4 and it’s really nice, the screen size and thickness of the new one works really well. Most people say they don’t want to be that connected but I feel I can be less connected by leaving my phone at home. Like some have said I think there is a place in the rotation for a aw. I think it’s gunna be hard to take off the aw, given the features and functionality of it.

Does it do anything? It tells the time.
Justinmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 05:22 AM   #45
Justinmg
"TRF" Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg EE7B0735-48FC-4CC2-8EB9-BEC1AABF3AD2.jpeg (148.0 KB, 219 views)

Old 23 September 2018, 05:31 AM   #46
winger14
"TRF" Member

I have a series 3 Apple Watch. Pretty much The only time it gets worn is when I’m running.
winger14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 06:39 AM   #47
exador
Banned

Interesting take on the AW4 from John Gruber. He describes it as the best watch in the world, but not the nicest.

https://daringfireball.net/2018/09/apple_watch_series_4
exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 08:33 AM   #48
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidcool View Post
Just do like Buzz Aldrin!!!
If you look closely Buz has two mechanical watch heads on his right wrist. So is three too many?
cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 12:13 AM   #49
CashGap
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Keep the Rolex on the wrist and buy a true health monitor device to wear on the other wrist.
It's not the class leader, it's the only product even remotely in it's class. So the downgrade to any other "true health monitor device" is brutal.
CashGap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 12:57 AM   #50
Grimm
"TRF" Member

Who cares what others think. Go wear both like a boss. You deserve it.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 01:15 AM   #51
aleeboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
Personally, the Apple Watch trumped Rolex and AP. Simpler to manager, easier to buy, better service and more functional.
aleeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 01:48 AM   #52
eltonbalch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
This “health” excuse is rubbish. If you are truly sick and require constant monitoring then you would be given a profesional medical monitoring device. Even Apple has a disclosure in the manual that it is not a medical device. Apple brainwash 101 to make you feel good about wearing their gadget.
Hey Mystro—you’re a cool guy and I appreciate where you are coming from but I really disagree with the spin you’ve put on this one. The monitoring functions are important motivators to give a “heads up” on where your own personal health might be trending. I bought an Apple Watch 3 last year and wore it for three months as my one and only. By closing the rings every day for almost two straight months, I lost 20 pounds, lowered my resting heart rate to the low 60’s, reduced my moderately elevated blood pressure and never felt better. Once I established a pattern, I didn’t need to wear it every day. I’ve used it on rare occasions since then to incentivize myself to do better. For reference, I’m heading for 74 and dreading the time when I might actually wear or use a “professional” medical monitoring device. Hopefully, the Apple Watch has helped me put that off! I’m wearing my new Apple Watch 4 today as I’m headed out for a walk and will switch back to my own Hulk later today.

Now, about those healthy cigars I see in your pictures...
eltonbalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 02:02 AM   #53
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This “health” excuse is rubbish. If you are truly sick and require constant monitoring then you would be given a profesional medical monitoring device. Even Apple has a disclosure in the manual that it is not a medical device. Apple brainwash 101 to make you feel good about wearing their gadget.
No different than Patek or Rolex brainwashing you, when it comes to things we love, we all more or less drank the kool aid.
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 01:34 AM   #54
Justinmg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleeboy View Post
Personally, the Apple Watch trumped Rolex and AP. Simpler to manage, easier to buy, better service and more functional.
100% agree. I love my sub, but these games they are playing with stock and IMO crazy prices for what you get. I’m gunna keep my AW4 on for awhile.

Old 26 September 2018, 01:52 AM   #55
R!$
Banned

Quote:
+2
R!$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 12:21 PM   #56
SeaAndSky
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 LN
How did anyone manage to be healthy before the Apple Watch? An Apple watch is neither mandatory or necessary to be healthy. Give me a break.
SeaAndSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 12:28 PM   #57
SeaAndSky
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by abozz View Post
If you can not at 70 years old do what you want, when? put your rolex and your apple watch at the same time! You do not need permision!!l!
I agree and would add it is the same for anyone of any age. That said, even the great Buzz Aldrin looks like an idiot wearing more than one watch at a time. Permission is never necessary to be one.
SeaAndSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 04:33 PM   #58
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
The AW4 is beautifully made like all Apple products.
I don't see myself wearing one, being connected 24/7 is too much and my G-shock is clever enough
Old 26 September 2018, 08:58 PM   #59
jagwar.jim
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I really wanted to the health monitoring, but couldn't quite being myself to wearing two watches.

The way I got around it was to go for the Fitbit Alta HR - it's a very slim band, which still includes the heart rate monitor. I basically wear it all the time on my right wrist, and only take it off for showing. It has about a 6 day battery life.

I know it doesn't come with some of the better features of the new Apple Watch, but I hope eventually those features will make their way to health bands which are not as focussed on being a watch.
jagwar.jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 09:15 PM   #60
kultschar
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP & Rolex
I just wished they looked nicer!
kultschar is offline   Reply With Quote