The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 4 March 2018, 01:38 PM   #1
eus6267
"TRF" Member

Suggestion for Classifieds Sport Checks

So here is a thought/suggestion...can spot checks in the For Sale section be done in private instead of as a public post in the thread?

When a spot check is made public and a comment is made in the thread saying that members should exercise caution, it automatically plants a seed of doubt in the minds of potential buyers, even after the seller proves their legitimacy. For TRF members who have no history on this board, it automatically puts them behind the 8 ball and it doesn't present a level-playing field in giving everyone an equal opportunity to sell here.

In my mind, it is very similar to someone who is accused of a crime and proven innocent in a court of law; society unfortunately still views the person as a criminal.

So maybe instead of a public post in the seller's actual posting, the moderators can send a PM to the seller in question and take down the seller's posting until the required verification takes place. Once the information is verified, the post can go back up. That way, the rest of the forum doesn't know that a seller's legitimacy is being questioned.

And if that's not possible, then the moderators can delete their verification post and the seller's verification response once a seller is verified.

Just my $0.02.
eus6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2018, 02:26 PM   #2
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Here is a suggestion for you.

Why not direct this question to Steve the Moderators.

It is their requirement and has nothing to do with the members exept for protecting us from scammers.

I think the 'open forum' spot check requirement works well as it shows members that sales sections of the forum are being watched.
How else would we know?

If you have nothing to hide wouldn't this reinforce your credibility?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2018, 12:28 AM   #3
eus6267
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Here is a suggestion for you.

Why not direct this question to Steve the Moderators.

It is their requirement and has nothing to do with the members exept for protecting us from scammers.

I think the 'open forum' spot check requirement works well as it shows members that sales sections of the forum are being watched.
How else would we know?

If you have nothing to hide wouldn't this reinforce your credibility?

I certainly don't question the need to do the verifications; I think that is a great service to the Forum. Unfortunately there are scammers out there and people need to be protected as much as possible.

As a matter of fact that is why I was suggesting to maybe remove a seller's post entirely until they successfully meet the requirements of the spot check.

And maybe you are right that it reinforces credibility.

Once again...we are all entitled to our opinion and this is just my thought. Thanks.
Old 4 March 2018, 05:03 PM   #4
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eus6267 View Post
In my mind, it is very similar to someone who is accused of a crime and proven innocent in a court of law; society unfortunately still views the person as a criminal.

Just my $0.02.
A spot check is just what it says it is 'a spot check'.

You aren't being accused of a crime and you are innocent (maybe) as spot checks are not a totally infallible means of verification.

Properly responding to a spot check doesn't validate your reliability as a seller. Its just a check.

The warning for anyone buying over the internet is just a warning.

If you want buyers to have more confidence in sellers such as yourself then offer "PayPal" as a form of payment to all buyers on all your sales. In fact perhaps I'll make it a requirement of you that henceforth you do so. Sounds good to me and buyers can have total confidence in you.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2018, 12:40 AM   #5
eus6267
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post

If you want buyers to have more confidence in sellers such as yourself then offer "PayPal" as a form of payment to all buyers on all your sales. In fact perhaps I'll make it a requirement of you that henceforth you do so. Sounds good to me and buyers can have total confidence in you.
Good suggestion.

In my 8 years of selling on this board, I have always accepted PayPal as a method of payment and it has always been mentioned explicitly in all of my sales posts.

I'll make sure that I add it to my most recent sales posts by tomorrow (when I am able to bump my post), as I didn't specify a payment method one way or another.

Thank you.
Old 10 March 2018, 01:28 AM   #6
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Quote:
Originally Posted by eus6267 View Post
Good suggestion.

In my 8 years of selling on this board, I have always accepted PayPal as a method of payment and it has always been mentioned explicitly in all of my sales posts.

I'll make sure that I add it to my most recent sales posts by tomorrow (when I am able to bump my post), as I didn't specify a payment method one way or another.

Thank you.

I think most buyers would understand the spot check is not indicating that someone is a scammer. Just a preventative measure used for newer sellers with low post counts. That’s something you can’t control, everyone has to start somewhere. I wouldn’t take it personally and I think most buyers understand that. You have some nice watches for sale, good luck with the sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 April 2018, 06:23 AM   #7
sahcivan
Banned

Watch: ing you watch me
what does a spot check consist of?
sahcivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2018, 06:01 PM   #8
mailman
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote: