The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 22 January 2010, 05:16 AM   #1
armenhovanessianmd
"TRF" Member

Reference check grey dealers Lawrenceb, DavidSW

Hi,

I have a delicate question to pose to the TRF members... while there are innumerable thumbs up postings for David, Lawrence and others, thus far I have been unable to independently verify the identities of some of the posters who "vouch" for the grey dealers. For example, anyone can sign up, list any city they choose and start posting. I have tried to speak directly to 3 different people whom I have PM'd regarding their purchase experience but no one seems willing to do so as of yet. As I am new here, I don't want to ask an uncouth question but what is to stop someone from "padding" their good guy status with phantom postings. Or, who is to say that some of the vouchers have a financial incentive to post? I suppose I could be accused of being a paranoid schizophrenic but the truth is, I want to believe the vast majority of the postings, but as Reagan said... "trust but verify".

Please, no offense, but I would greatly appreciate a direct phone call vouching of davidsw and lawrenceb. I will even call JJ in australia if necessary. I live in Las Vegas; I am not trying to get people's phone numbers, personal information or anything like that. I am a medical professional who suffers from a healthy dose of paranoia regarding online transactions. If there is anyone in the US who is willing, PM me and I will provide my phone number in order to connect. I am specifically interested in hearing from people who are NOT dealers themselves, but buyers preferably. I hope this makes sense.

BTW, I myself have not posted before because I do not own a rolex yet and am looking to join the esteemed club. I just don't want to end up joining the replica rolex forum.

If I have said anything inappropriate, please do not take it personally. I mean no disrespect to the countless people who post awesome pics and share honest, heartfelt stories. I look forward to quelling the uncertainty and joining the club.

Armen
armenhovanessianmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2010, 02:15 PM   #2
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
Did i just get Punked?
Old 22 January 2010, 02:20 PM   #3
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, Pam320
I assume you are a radiologist. And JJ lives in New Zealand.

And no, I don't believe that those two gentlemen you speak of have ever paid anyone for reviews.

You are not offensive and I doubt that they would take this the wrong way.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin
Prick #8
Pep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2010, 02:23 PM   #4
Zirotti
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
I can vouch for DavidSW. I bought my Deepsea from him and it was the easiest transaction ever. He probably has hundreds of people that will say that as well. If you don't believe the hundreds of references, I suggest buying from an AD. It is the only way you will probably be 100% comfortable :)

BTW, David accepts PayPal as well, so if you want an added layer of protection, there ya go.
Zirotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2010, 02:32 PM   #5
Bon Temps
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
I have purchased numerous watches from DAVIDSW and one from Lawrenceb. Both of these guys are 100% honest. You can feel absolutely comfortable dealing with either. If you would like to speak to personally you can call me at 225-933-0090.
Bon Temps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2010, 02:39 PM   #6
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
OK lets be serious...First let me Welcome you to TRF...the people have bought watches from this guys are not fictitious...i dint know who you PMed about asking for their reference..Some of the people here lurks around to find a good deal..and after they have bought their watches they usually go....Most of the members here have bought watches from this guys...Including JJ and Steve..the owner of this Forum...but you really dont have to go through the hassle of calling international or have somebody call you to ask for reference for this guys...This guys have been in the business for so long and they are known in the Watch Industry...We have a lot of trollers here that just trying to mess around and i hope your not one of them...i apologized if i was rude at my first post...but we are very tight in this forum and almost every knows everybody personally...If you dont feel comfortable dealing with somebody dont do it...It is you call and it is your decision...I have done business with this people so many times...and i can assure you i wish i was paid to make a good feedback.... Enjoy your stay!!!
Old 22 January 2010, 03:46 PM   #7
JUSTROLEXES
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATE-JUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Yacht-Master
Welcome Armen to the site,
Both Lawrenceb, DavidSW are very well know dealers and buying from them you will be assured that you're getting the real deal and they will go the extra mile to make sure that you're 100% satisfied.
So please do trust that dealing with them you are 100% secure.
We all know each other.
Good Luck
Old 22 January 2010, 03:48 PM   #8
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Both are top notch.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2010, 03:51 PM   #9
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
David SW is 100% ..no doubt at all!
good luck

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
dalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2010, 04:04 PM   #10
scottschoe
"TRF" Member

LawrenceB is legit.
Old 22 January 2010, 04:05 PM   #11
sakuraba
"TRF" Member

Watch: sun dial
Bought my Sub from DavidSW without a hitch.

I understand your apprehension, but as you can see on my profile, I've been around since May of 2009. So I did not really just start an account for that 1 positive feedback post for David.

I understand your apprehension in sending money to a complete stranger, but if it helps, you can use paypal. The extra 3% charge buys you a lot of peace of mind.

Besides, with David you only have to wait until 10 am the next day. And he calls you to make sure everything is OK.
sakuraba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2010, 09:52 PM   #12
Edward-K
"TRF" Member

I have purchased from DavidSW before and it went well. Ed
Edward-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2010, 02:16 AM   #13
dama156
"TRF" Member

Watch: gmt c
i just opened an account and just finished a transaction with DavidSW and he was great. this i believe is even my first post but i can say i would gladly do business with davidsw again.
dama156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2010, 04:17 AM   #14
bkandj2000

Watch: None specifically
pm sent.
bkandj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2010, 09:52 AM   #15
ChickoftheSea
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM 168623
I like to think of myself as shrewd; indeed, I have good instincts and have been incredibly successful over the years. As for dealing with someone new, I went down the same path as you, Armen - needing to verify in order to proceed. Having read the same glowing recommendations, I contacted DavidSW. He responded so quickly it was almost startling. That was the first good sign. When I asked him for references, he did not hesitate to provide contact information for two long-standing customers. I Googled those people's names and up came all sorts of corroborating information. So, I knew the references were who David said they were. Those two individuals and I enchanged a series of cordial, informative and encouraging messages, which further eased my concerns. David and I also talked on the phone several times, at length. He never hurried me, was extremely understanding of my need for verification, and a real gentleman all the way. As a lady, I appreciate the heck out of that. So, on a wing and a prayer, and good information and instincts, I went forward with our deal. The only hitch was a delayed delivery which was completely the fault of FedEx. David was right there to communicate with me throughout, so that I would know beyond doubt that he stood behind our transaction and would do everything he could to effect a positive outcome. I am in sales and I understand the value of earning a buyer's trust. David has earned my trust; I have recommended him already to others and I will absolutely buy from him again. And at the end of the day, I have a shiny new watch to wear proudly! Please contact me if you require further communication, and good luck!
ChickoftheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2010, 09:58 AM   #16
jamesworthy52
"TRF" Member

I haven't had time to read your post because I am in a hurry, but I have purchased a watch from DavidSW and I can tell you he is a completely honest guy. PM me if you want to talk to me about the experience.
jamesworthy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2010, 11:54 AM   #17
Watchdog
"TRF" Member

Watch: I can't tell time
I'm a regular guy (not a businessman) who bought two watches from DavidSW. Perfect from start to finish. Flawless from start to finish. A professional from start to finish. Hope this is clear enough.

I would buy again and again from him--NO PROBLEM!

Also, there are other completely reputable sellers here. I know Oscar's reputation is sterling. Mosco the same.

Best of luck with your search.

Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2010, 12:21 PM   #18
J72
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gmt Master ll C
I also bought a GMT 2 C from DavidSW and I am still happy i made the transaction with him.

If in the future I decide to buy I would not hesitate to call him.
J72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2010, 03:29 PM   #19
hng
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sports Rolex
My GMT IIC was bought from David, no problem wiring money to him.
Old 24 January 2010, 10:35 AM   #20
armenhovanessianmd
"TRF" Member

To all,

I want to thank everyone who have responded here, PM'd me and whom I have spoken to. I sincerely appreciate the time you have all taken to vouch for David, Lawrence et al. My intention was never to instigate or foment anything and I really meant no harm to anyone.

It is rare in this day in age to find a community that is loyal and true... I can see that evident here. Keep in mind that this forum is a lot like white river rafting... looks fun and exhilarating from the shore but quite daunting if you've never done it before. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Thanks again,

Armen
armenhovanessianmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2010, 12:15 PM   #21
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Hi Armen - you'll have no problems with any of the sellers mentioned in this thread. In fact, it's likely to be a delightful experience

Cheers
Old 25 January 2010, 02:08 PM   #22
SLS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT's & Sub's
I have personally dealt with both and will vouch that they are 100% legit. PM me your cell and I will give you a call. FWIW, have you talked t either one of them? If you have I can't imagine you have any doubts.
Scott

Member No. 922
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2010, 10:29 PM   #23
InVision
Banned

Watch: Outerspace DayDate
Welome !!

You can call me in Florida it would cost you less than JJ. I am in Vegas several times a year. Be glad to meet you for a cold one and show off some of the GREAT watches I have purchased from David.

I travel a lot around the US and wish there was some kind of map of TRF folks so I could put a hand shake on as many as possible TRF'ers !! Hint Hint.

I can see your point that TRF is really different than most forums, in a way it polices itself. You will find plenty of folks here you can trust!!

Mike
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2019, 04:45 AM   #24
Illasounds
"TRF" Member

Does anybody know where in FLA LawrenceB is located?
Illasounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2019, 05:01 AM   #25
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Holy thread bump!
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2019, 05:21 AM   #26
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Holy thread bump!

Worse than that - a random 1-hr. old member asking for membership location service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2019, 06:55 AM   #27
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illasounds View Post
Does anybody know where in FLA LawrenceB is located?
Tampa area
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote