The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 19 February 2019, 03:04 AM   #1
aurenas
"TRF" Member

Bad experience with German seller Uhrtreff

I just wanted to share my experience with German seller Uhrtreff.

I wanted to buy a Rolex from them. We had a chat with them on Friday about the condition of the watch and etc. We eventually agreed not only on the price, shipping but we also agreed that I will transfer them the money on Monday. They mentioned to me like two or three times “the watch is yours, we reserved it for you since you were the first interested in the watch”. They even put “reserved” status on Chrono24 for this watch.

As agreed I exchanged my currency to Euros on Monday morning and was about to transfer them the money. However, I’ve been told to wait as they had to talk with their currier about the shipping. I then checked Chrono24 again and the status of my watch was changed from “reserved” to “available”. Few hours later they replied : ,,Sorry, we cannot ship it to you by insurance shipping.” I asked them why? What’s the problem? I never had any problems of buying watches from Italy, Germany, etc. They said that their currier cannot insure it. I was like “wtf”, why don’t you use a different courier like DHL or Fedex? I’ve been told that this is not possible as they can only insure the watch for the amount of 500 €. I told them that we can still find a solution, I never had any problems like this before.

However, now they are ignoring me. I am pretty sure they found another buyer even though we had already agreed and they assured me that the watch was reserved for me as I was FIRST

Instagram watchauren
aurenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2019, 08:06 AM   #2
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Uhrtreff is quite a reputable seller. If they cannot insure a watch for shipping to your country obviously the only sensible thing for them to do is not to ship it.
DHL and Fedex are no serious alternatives for high costs jewellery items in the EU and I completely understand a seller refusing to use these companies.
For a German seller Galle is the better choice, but they don't ship to all EU countries. You can hardly blame them for playing it safe.
The suggestion that another buyer came along is merely an insinuation.