The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 February 2019, 06:38 AM   #1
Bobbyslo
"TRF" Member

Engraving help

A follow up to my newly acquired watch post the other day and a bit of help.

The hulk I recently purchased will never or at least twenty years leave my possession, my son may decide he does not like watches and instead do something else.

I am planning on having the case back engraved with some small text just to personalize it for him and I.

I know people say don’t do it it ruins the value etc but I am ok and understanding the reasons not to do it.

For the more knowledgeable out there, I am having it engraved through the jeweler I bought it from they say this does not effect warranty but is there anything I should know or be cautious of in the process? I will ask again when I bring it back and if it does effect the warranty I will wait until that has expired.

Thank you in advance for any information on engraving a watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobbyslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2019, 06:53 AM   #2
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Meteorite Daytona
I had my 10 year anniversary Daytona engraved and there were no issues. I think my AD just made sure it was done by hand. I think they mentioned specifically not using a machine to do it.

As you said, its just a caseback and can always be replaced. No worries about vibration damaging anything.

Good luck!
Old 20 February 2019, 07:37 AM   #3
MrWhy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Changes weekly
My LVc I bought 7 months ago was engraved by the AD with my daughters name and time of birth. She will be receiving the watch when she is old enough.
They sent it to somewhere in London to be engraved, they said this was someone who Rolex suggested. Whether that’s true or not, not had any issues with time keeping.
My wife did have a Breitling Colt done by a jewellers engraver, no issues with the watch but didn’t come out anywhere near as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2019, 10:57 AM   #4
pandrew
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite Daytona
My wife had my watch engraved at the AD she bought it at so not only no problems with Rolex but I love the personalization she gave it.
pandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2019, 11:40 AM   #5
Paul_I
"TRF" Member

I’ve been thinking of doing the same and would appreciate recommendations in either the Virginia or Chicago areas.

Paul_I is offline   Reply With Quote