The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 26 August 2012, 09:47 PM   #1
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
Anyone have a 351 , any opinions?

Thanks. I am not the biggest fan of Pam's but i do like some and I am loving the 351. Any personal opinions from owners?

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2012, 12:18 AM   #2
denkigroove
"TRF" Member

I was in the same boat for a time. I narrowed it down to the 312 due to the 1950 case and sandwich dial. However, I found the case to be top heavy which was the same reason I eventually got rid of my Seadweller for the SubC and never looked back. I was afraid of the 312 suffering the same fate.

Enter the 351.

The Ti case solved this problem with the weight being more evenly balanced on the wrist. I love how the Ti color is slightly grayer than SS. The combination of the Titanium case, tobacco dial, and gold hands works extremely well. Although some would say this limits pairing it with many straps but I don't see it that way at all. If anything I think it enhances the look altogether.

When the light hits the dial and gold hands, it's a sight to see and something I haven't gotten tired of any time soon.
denkigroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2012, 01:07 AM   #3
ToyCollector
"TRF" Member

Can't add much more to denkigroove's post above other than I absolutely love mine and I am glad to see you have good taste and have done your homework. It is a very finely balanced watch aesthetically and to wear.

Here's a pic of mine taken years ago.

ToyCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2012, 08:11 AM   #4
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
Quote:
Originally Posted by denkigroove View Post
I was in the same boat for a time. I narrowed it down to the 312 due to the 1950 case and sandwich dial. However, I found the case to be top heavy which was the same reason I eventually got rid of my Seadweller for the SubC and never looked back. I was afraid of the 312 suffering the same fate.

Enter the 351.

The Ti case solved this problem with the weight being more evenly balanced on the wrist. I love how the Ti color is slightly grayer than SS. The combination of the Titanium case, tobacco dial, and gold hands works extremely well. Although some would say this limits pairing it with many straps but I don't see it that way at all. If anything I think it enhances the look altogether.

When the light hits the dial and gold hands, it's a sight to see and something I haven't gotten tired of any time soon.
That's what I wanted to here. You are right, the ti, the tobacco dial and gold hands just fit perfectly together . Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyCollector View Post
Can't add much more to denkigroove's post above other than I absolutely love mine and I am glad to see you have good taste and have done your homework. It is a very finely balanced watch aesthetically and to wear.

Here's a pic of mine taken years ago.

Great pic

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2012, 10:10 AM   #5
denkigroove
"TRF" Member

Here's an example of the beautiful gold hands glimmering when the light hits it. Also just threw on my new strap which goes really well with the dial and hands!

denkigroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2012, 10:38 AM   #6
jvo300
"TRF" Member

Make sure to see the dial color in person. It's not for everyone. I had my reservations, but it's slowly grown on me. Probably not a long term keeper in my book, but fun nonetheless. I preferred the look of the 312, but the weight lead me to give it up for the 351. If only they would do a black dial gold hand in titanium version!
jvo300 is offline   Reply With Quote