The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 21 November 2018, 03:58 PM   #331
Justindo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaydans View Post
MSRP for this and any other model to be honest. I like watches but I’m not stupid.
This. MSRP at most.
Old 21 November 2018, 04:53 PM   #332
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

I can wait half a decade for MSRP.
Old 21 November 2018, 06:20 PM   #333
peterpl
Banned

The more people feed the premiums the more the grays/ADs will work together to milk each one of you guys to the absolute MAXIMUM. That is 100% given. Its money and they are in it to make the most money they possibly can.

Good that the prices are dropping but if we want a faster drop STOP feeding the market!!! simple.

I attended a watch GTG over the weekend and many members are NOT buying any Rolex in the current market to help stop feeding this ridiculous and cartel like market manipulation that is currently happening. Many are suggesting now that this is all artificially generated shortage just to hype the market because when you look at the supply there is actually no shortage on any SS model at all. Every model and I mean every single damn model is available at the grays and usually they have 5, ,10, 15 or even more of each model in stock.

So many people have now FINALLY opened their eyes and are seeing what is happening. Glad people are becoming more aware of the situation.
Old 21 November 2018, 06:24 PM   #334
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Page View Post
So much anger here.. the market is what the market is. Simple as that. I've been blown away by the non-ceramic used Daytona's on the market. It's insane but it is what it is...

Agreed.

For those saying RRP only and not a penny more, my question would be...

When the Daytona came out, lots of people put their name down on the list and are still waiting, having not been able to enjoy the watch for the last two years. Retail at the time was £8,250. If they had been offered one at £9k, they wouldn’t have paid it, RRP only and not a penny more. When they now get to the top of the list, they will be paying more than £9k as RRP has gone up, and they’ve had to wait!

Completely understand people not wanting to pay £’000’s I’ve RRP, but this ‘not a penny more’ sentiment feels a little flawed to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Old 21 November 2018, 07:44 PM   #335
malnik
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-Date-C
I haven’t been following Rolex in a while and im totally shocked by these SS prices. Double the retail price for a SS GMT is insane. BLRO is just a color variant and there is nothing special about it. It’s not even a new color and I personally find it to be dated. I wouldn’t even pay retail for it. This is coming from an unbiased, uncorrupted by reading forum posts point of view. Maybe I’m missing a lot of info here but I would take BLNR over BLRO.
Old 21 November 2018, 07:47 PM   #336
avidflyer
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Market correction in the air...

what will be the impact to prices on the steel sports models?
Most wont believe it till it happens, But I do believe its on the horizon.
Old 21 November 2018, 07:48 PM   #337
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

I suspect demand and prices would start cooling a bit more quickly once March hits and people start diverting attention to whatever new SS model gets released. The “must have” crowd will simply move on.
Old 21 November 2018, 07:55 PM   #338
Gwatch555
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo082 View Post
Prices are definitely dropping (check Chrono24) but there is a lot grey dealers in Germany which has been dropping the prices continuously.

About 6 months ago they were advertised for 16K, today they are on sale for 14K - 2K drop in just 6 months.

Daytona is the only one which keeps prices rising at the moment and the SD4000 (cause it’s discontinued)

The BLNR , I really don’t understand the prices coming up and down all the time. Difficult to predict that one.
x2
Old 21 November 2018, 10:10 PM   #339
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I can wait half a decade for MSRP.
In the snowflake revolution you are first up against a wall.
Old 12 December 2018, 05:29 AM   #340
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
Well known TRF selling offering a used BLRO for $15.499k. A when I say used, I mean a 3 month old watch that looks to be in very good condition.

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php...o=918765&rid=0
Old 12 December 2018, 02:53 PM   #341
SJC
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD-Blue 126660
MSRP. To pay more is frivolous.
Old 12 December 2018, 03:02 PM   #342
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
I understand that with any product supply and demand sometimes you have to pay over msro if you can’t wait. I’m a buyer on it
All day 3-4K over sticker price for this Watch only. Not willing to pay the rate of 17-18k Man I hope it drops soon. Maybe Basel will have some new stuff come out that will distract people from this watch and maybe Rolex will
Ship some more SS models this cooking year to get these prices down.
Old 12 December 2018, 11:21 PM   #343
piratepress
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmiii View Post
Well known TRF selling offering a used BLRO for $15.499k. A when I say used, I mean a 3 month old watch that looks to be in very good condition.

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php...o=918765&rid=0
That is encouraging! Hopefully, prices will continue to fall in 2019.
Old 12 December 2018, 11:45 PM   #344
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

$0.
Old 13 December 2018, 12:54 AM   #345
ROLMARINER
Banned

Watch: 500C, BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmiii View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Melkanian View Post
How is that possible, BLRO are extremely rare watches, how come the grey prices are falling a bit it's impossible!
OMG, a whole $501 lower than the used BLRO's from small grey's have been selling for since August. It's a trend! Bubble!

Wait, not so fast.

That listing, unlike other greys, does not include shipping or insurance, so there's your $501 right there. It's a game all merchants play, shipping included, shipping not included, free shipping, they change the selling price, in the end it's all the same, it's $16K used from a small grey, $17K new from a small grey, $17K used from a big grey, and $18K new from a big grey.
Old 13 December 2018, 01:34 AM   #346
DoDe
"TRF" Member

MSRP from AD
Old 13 December 2018, 01:45 AM   #347
ALF61
"TRF" Member

OOK guys, we must assume that the 90 percentile of the forum will not pay more than MSRP for a Rolex.

This is terrifying to Grey dealers because no watches will get sold TRF is such a large portion of the world market LOL !!!

Look people, the market could careless about what TRF thinks, the watches are being sold regardless. That is why they are at such a high premium. And lastly I don´t know what if any role the ADs play on all of this, whatever it is the watches are being fed to the grey market because it pays a premium and it is willing to.
Old 13 December 2018, 01:46 AM   #348
sugarl4nd
"TRF" Member

This is a bit funny discussion, if you are not willing to pay over MSRP and wait - then you are free to do so. The market price (or grey price) will fluctuate depends on the demand. This week can drop, next week can increase. Price will not stabilize anytime soon.

Pay what you can afford if you are willing to do so.

If not, wait until AD call you and you may end up waiting for a long time since supply will not get better. Rolex will not increase production number, it’s brand strategy. But hey, you might get lucky and get call today.

Peace !
Old 13 December 2018, 01:49 AM   #349
sugarl4nd
"TRF" Member

Don’t be delusional, guys ... Reality might hurt but it is what it is as of now. We have to deal with the situation. Accepting the facts is necessary, and move on with your decision.
Old 13 December 2018, 01:52 AM   #350
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes, it's hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixinbones View Post
You’ll be waiting years
The AD down the street has me on a waiting list. They told me to expect it around April/May.
Old 13 December 2018, 01:53 AM   #351
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLMARINER View Post
OMG, a whole $501 lower than the used BLRO's from small grey's have been selling for since August. It's a trend! Bubble!

Wait, not so fast.

That listing, unlike other greys, does not include shipping or insurance, so there's your $501 right there. It's a game all merchants play, shipping included, shipping not included, free shipping, they change the selling price, in the end it's all the same, it's $16K used from a small grey, $17K new from a small grey, $17K used from a big grey, and $18K new from a big grey.

Umm not sure where you live but shipping and insurance is $60-75 in the US and not $501 Similar to your "there is 1 grey dealer for every 200 AD's in the US post" It would be great to engage in debate as this is a watch forum after all, but its near impossible to do with someone who routinely exaggerates the facts to such a degree that any credibility or semblance to the truth goes out the window.

And actually prices are dropping all over the place on SS BLROs. Takes 5 mins to figure that out. Whether its big or small grey, private or whatever, the trend is consistently down for the last 4-6 months. I am friends with a TS and all of them are paying 2K less for BLROs than they were just 6-8 weeks ago. That is a fact. Not making a prediction on where they land, just providing some real time info.

FYI- ponycar is a well respected long time seller. You could have that watch for under $15600 at your front door if you paid his price. You might be able to negotiate .

DSW just listed new unworn for under 18. That watch was on his site for several weeks for about 1K more where it sat unsold.
Old 13 December 2018, 01:54 AM   #352
dannyr1986
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
MSRP or nothing at all.
Old 13 December 2018, 02:01 AM   #353
sugarl4nd
"TRF" Member

I have respect for people who has principle of not buying over MSRP. This means you have the ability to say NO to grey, hence you are not really want the BLRO. It’s good for you.

For some people, they want it badly then theymake a conscious choice to pay over MSRP to have the watch and enjoy now.
Old 13 December 2018, 02:06 AM   #354
RW88
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
MSRP. What's the rush?
Old 13 December 2018, 02:12 AM   #355
ROLMARINER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyz1245 View Post
Umm not sure where you live but shipping and insurance is $60-75 in the US and not $501 Similar to your "there is 1 grey dealer for every 200 AD's in the US post" It would be great to engage in debate as this is a watch forum after all, but its near impossible to do with someone who routinely exaggerates the facts to such a degree that any creditability or semblance to the truth goes out the window.
"Umm" is not a word.

"creditability" is not a word.

For someone repeatedly insisting on complete, documented, fact-checked accuracy it is highly hypocritical to ask for credibility and misspell credibility while opening a sentence with slang. From this point forward you shall spellcheck your posts before posting. Or, better yet, just stop nitpicking. Glass houses and stones and all.
Old 13 December 2018, 02:13 AM   #356
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarl4nd View Post
I have respect for people who has principle of not buying over MSRP. This means you have the ability to say NO to grey, hence you are not really want the BLRO. It’s good for you.

For some people, they want it badly then theymake a conscious choice to pay over MSRP to have the watch and enjoy now.
That's not true. It's a value proposition as well as a principle. I don't think the BLRO has a value of $18-19k. And on principle I won't allow someone to take advantage of my desire to want something. It's not a necessity of life so I can patiently wait my turn, which will make it even more special when it comes.
Also, I don't have disposable income at that level, which goes back to the value proposition.

Do I want and love the BLRO, 100% yes, but not enough to be taken advantage of. Now if I were at a bracket where over charging me for an item double it's price didn't effect me, then I probably would not mind because in that context it's like buying apples or oranges at the market.
Ever haggle at Walmart or Carrefour for the price of milk and eggs....
That's how really rich people go shopping for cars and watches.
Old 13 December 2018, 02:13 AM   #357
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyz1245 View Post
Umm not sure where you live but shipping and insurance is $60-75 in the US and not $501 Similar to your "there is 1 grey dealer for every 200 AD's in the US post" It would be great to engage in debate as this is a watch forum after all, but its near impossible to do with someone who routinely exaggerates the facts to such a degree that any creditability or semblance to the truth goes out the window.

And actually prices are dropping all over the place on SS BLROs. Takes 5 mins to figure that out. Whether its big or small grey, private or whatever, the trend is consistently down for the last 4-6 months. I am friends with a TS and all of them are paying 2K less for BLROs than they were just 6-8 weeks ago. That is a fact. Not making a prediction on where they land, just providing some real time info.

FYI- ponycar is a well respected long time seller. You could have that watch for under $15600 at your front door if you paid his price. You might be able to negotiate .
How are you gauging this ? because the vast majority of Chrono 24 are well above 20K. More realistic low end TS here is 17.18.5K. Private 15.5K.
Old 13 December 2018, 02:17 AM   #358
ROLMARINER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarl4nd View Post

Then there is the third group that will only buy Rolex references trading above MSRP because they don't want a watch that is so easy to obtain that everyone has them.

Rolex mass produces Submariners and Datejusts and the like, so some find it quite appealing to find a SS model in limited production commanding high premiums and the feeling of exclusivity that brings.
Old 13 December 2018, 02:21 AM   #359
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Then there is the third group that will only buy Rolex references trading above MSRP because they don't want a watch that is so easy to obtain that everyone has them.

Rolex mass produces Submariners and Datejusts and the like, so some find it quite appealing to find a SS model in limited production commanding high premiums and the feeling of exclusivity that brings.
And that third group of people are grossly misinformed if they think any Rolex is "limited production", or "exclusive ".

That third group of people seem like they just care about what's the trendy/hot watch of the moment.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
Old 13 December 2018, 02:28 AM   #360
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
Quote:

Wait, not so fast.

Ponycar is not a "small grey." Get a clue. And how much do you want to bet he includes shipping and insurance if someone agrees to pay his offer? And Chase and Takuya are under $17k for pre-owned. Those watches are sitting and not selling. Are they "small greys" as well?
Closed Thread