Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > The Meeting Point

Closed Thread

Old 29 March 2018, 06:36 AM   #61
Hot Carl
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer7 View Post
Perhaps you may wish to read the posts from the beginning.
OP seems like a card. I'm game.
Old 29 March 2018, 06:49 AM   #62
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Carl View Post
Well in that case you should definitely attend. After all, what could possibly go wrong
Old 29 March 2018, 07:11 AM   #63
Xenophon
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer7 View Post
Well in that case you should definitely attend. After all, what could possibly go wrong
Well said, Edward

I've no apprehension at showing my thousands of pounds worth of watches to a guy with a fake title and fake honour with a non-charity organisation and self written websites. What could possibly go wrong ?
Old 29 March 2018, 07:30 AM   #64
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
He was a card, the joker.
Old 30 March 2018, 01:03 AM   #65
Swearengen
"TRF" Member

Cad is the word you are looking for

Quote:

1680 1675 16800 16570 16710 17000 16613 17013

Gone but not forgotten 16610LV 1016
Old 30 March 2018, 01:40 AM   #66
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
Well said, Edward

I've no apprehension at showing my thousands of pounds worth of watches to a guy with a fake title and fake honour with a non-charity organisation and self written websites. What could possibly go wrong ?

Great post,,,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 March 2018, 03:01 AM   #67
Xenophon
2024 Pledge Member

"Lord Woodford MBE" is an out and out bare faced liar and scoundrel.

Charitable Company
His maritime organisation is not a registered charity or charitable trust. There is no such legal title as "not for profit organisation" in the UK. I could easily describe my own business as such. I used to be a Governor of the RNLI which just means that I supported it with a certain level of financial contribution. I could just as easily describe my business the same as his.

"Lord" Title
After his somewhat incomprehensible "Marx Brothers" style reply to my questions I decided to do a bit of digging. There is an organisation "The Honourable Company of Master Mariners" so I emailed them:

Sent: 28 March 2018 18:57
To: Info HCMM
Subject: Title enquiry.

Dear Sir,
I wonder if you will be able to help me. I’ve come across a fellow who styles himself “Lord Woodford MBE”. I challenged him over his title (as well as his MBE).

“I can't find you in the House of Lords register. Is your title a manorial one or an inherited one ?”

and he responded thus:

“this is correct I Only hold the Lords Office which is bestowed as Inherited Via The Charter this can be explained in detail if required, So i`m referred as "Lord Of"
The Title would Read Lord of Her Majesty`s Royal Charter of Mariners “

Does such a title or honour exist associated with you organisation ?

Kind Regards and many thanks

Nathan XXXXXXX

And they responded

Dear Nathan,
I can be quite clear with you that no such charter or title exists. The honourable Company of Master Mariners holds a Royal Charter sealed by originally King George V and now by Queen Elizabeth herself. There are no “Lordships” involved in the Charter. He is a charlatan.

I would be interested to learn where you came across this individual. Also, I think the secretary of the Privy Council might be interested to hear of him?

Yours.
Angus Menzies
Commodore Royal Navy
The Clerk
Honourable Company of Master Mariners
HQS Wellington
Temple Stairs
Victoria Embankment
London WC2R 2PN
t: 020 7836 8179
f: 020 7240 3082
w: hcmm.org.uk

MBE Honour
I checked the London Gazette on-line and there is no record of Woodford receiving an MBE but the on-line records only go back a certain numberof years. Personally I'm inclined to think that his father received one. If I recall correctly, as my father has a CBE, it can be passed onto a child or spouse upon death who may wear it when a formal invitation allows medals. However, the spouse or child cannot use the "MBE", "OBE", etc suffix. He then tells me that his father received a CBE postumhously. Not only is it very, very unusual to have both a MBE and a CBE but posthumous honours are only awarded for valour. In such instances the individual would have had to die heroically and the honour would be for that action. Simply a big lie.

Please feel free to check any of this out yourselves. The Honourable Company of Master Mariners are keen to hear some more details from me and I'll let you know if anything further comes of it.
In closing I'm just pleased that I won't be attending a GTG organised by a fraud and a liar. Be vigilant, fraudsters and crooks are everywhere.
Old 30 March 2018, 03:13 AM   #68
Quicksilver
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing watches
Good work Nathan.
Old 30 March 2018, 03:55 AM   #69
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
"Lord Woodford MBE" is an out and out bare faced liar and scoundrel.

Charitable Company
His maritime organisation is not a registered charity or charitable trust. There is no such legal title as "not for profit organisation" in the UK. I could easily describe my own business as such. I used to be a Governor of the RNLI which just means that I supported it with a certain level of financial contribution. I could just as easily describe my business the same as his.

"Lord" Title
After his somewhat incomprehensible "Marx Brothers" style reply to my questions I decided to do a bit of digging. There is an organisation "The Honourable Company of Master Mariners" so I emailed them:

Sent: 28 March 2018 18:57
To: Info HCMM
Subject: Title enquiry.

Dear Sir,
I wonder if you will be able to help me. I’ve come across a fellow who styles himself “Lord Woodford MBE”. I challenged him over his title (as well as his MBE).

“I can't find you in the House of Lords register. Is your title a manorial one or an inherited one ?”

and he responded thus:

“this is correct I Only hold the Lords Office which is bestowed as Inherited Via The Charter this can be explained in detail if required, So i`m referred as "Lord Of"
The Title would Read Lord of Her Majesty`s Royal Charter of Mariners “

Does such a title or honour exist associated with you organisation ?

Kind Regards and many thanks

Nathan XXXXXXX

And they responded

Dear Nathan,
I can be quite clear with you that no such charter or title exists. The honourable Company of Master Mariners holds a Royal Charter sealed by originally King George V and now by Queen Elizabeth herself. There are no “Lordships” involved in the Charter. He is a charlatan.

I would be interested to learn where you came across this individual. Also, I think the secretary of the Privy Council might be interested to hear of him?

Yours.
Angus Menzies
Commodore Royal Navy
The Clerk
Honourable Company of Master Mariners
HQS Wellington
Temple Stairs
Victoria Embankment
London WC2R 2PN
t: 020 7836 8179
f: 020 7240 3082
w: hcmm.org.uk

MBE Honour
I checked the London Gazette on-line and there is no record of Woodford receiving an MBE but the on-line records only go back a certain numberof years. Personally I'm inclined to think that his father received one. If I recall correctly, as my father has a CBE, it can be passed onto a child or spouse upon death who may wear it when a formal invitation allows medals. However, the spouse or child cannot use the "MBE", "OBE", etc suffix. He then tells me that his father received a CBE postumhously. Not only is it very, very unusual to have both a MBE and a CBE but posthumous honours are only awarded for valour. In such instances the individual would have had to die heroically and the honour would be for that action. Simply a big lie.

Please feel free to check any of this out yourselves. The Honourable Company of Master Mariners are keen to hear some more details from me and I'll let you know if anything further comes of it.
In closing I'm just pleased that I won't be attending a GTG organised by a fraud and a liar. Be vigilant, fraudsters and crooks are everywhere.
Great detective work Nathan.

Can you please do me a favor and do the same background check on Dan?

Imagine if he really isn't a Spuds and I fly over for one of his organized GTG's.
Old 30 March 2018, 04:53 AM   #70
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Well done Nathan. Perhaps if other members have received pm’s or other contact they could share.
Old 30 March 2018, 05:32 AM   #71
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
Is this character now banned from the forum? When the previous LGTG was being discussed a few months back I did some mild internet trawling of Lord Frank Woodford MBE and wasn't impressed. Apart from the amateurish website etc, which perhaps one shouldn't necessarily judge him by, it was all the pics of him strutting around wearing his gong and much (I felt) bragging about the Waldorf hotel and Rolex watches that put me off.
Old 30 March 2018, 06:27 AM   #72
Xenophon
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
Is this character now banned from the forum? When the previous LGTG was being discussed a few months back I did some mild internet trawling of Lord Frank Woodford MBE and wasn't impressed. Apart from the amateurish website etc, which perhaps one shouldn't necessarily judge him by, it was all the pics of him strutting around wearing his gong and much (I felt) bragging about the Waldorf hotel and Rolex watches that put me off.
Bingo Chris, that about amounts to it. I did a little bit of digging to satisfy myself that it was all bullsh*it and told the tale.
Old 30 March 2018, 06:28 AM   #73
Xenophon
2024 Pledge Member

And thanks everyone
After all fakes aren't welcome on this forum.
Old 30 March 2018, 08:22 AM   #74
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Good job Nathan, yep he was totally fishy from the start. I mean who would act like that, normally fraudsters are a bit clever/crafty, I don't know what he was trying to gain on an internet forum, I dread to think. Maybe he was just a bit nuts.
Old 30 March 2018, 08:31 AM   #75
FrmrHoss
"TRF" Member

This has been the best entertainment of my day so far.
Old 30 March 2018, 08:39 AM   #76
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
A card indeed. Good work Nathan, thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (98.7 KB, 330 views)
Old 30 March 2018, 11:40 AM   #77
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Wow. This really had some twist.

Nice job Nathan.

Could this possibly be BC?

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 30 March 2018, 01:14 PM   #78
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Wow. This really had some twist.

Nice job Nathan.

Could this possibly be BC?
I don't recall Lord Woodford MBE mentioning any of his encounters with strange people in public so it can't possibly be BC.
Old 30 March 2018, 02:24 PM   #79
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post
I'm not Chunky it's the way I'm sat

Attachment 938926
Adorable!!! I have two Bullies

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Old 1 April 2018, 04:09 AM   #80
spuds
"TRF" Member

Watch: West Ham! COYI!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Great detective work Nathan.

Can you please do me a favor and do the same background check on Dan?

Imagine if he really isn't a Spuds and I fly over for one of his organized GTG's.

LMAO!!!!

Trust me if I was creating a fake online profile I’d probably come up with something a bit more glamorous than running a dumpster-yard....

But yep huge thanks to Nathan and all the guys involved in exposing this scumbag...

Life is not about how fast you can run or how high you can climb...........
It's about how well you can bounce!!

TRF HALL OF FAME JANUARY 2010
Old 1 April 2018, 04:10 AM   #81
spuds
"TRF" Member

Watch: West Ham! COYI!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by figbo View Post
I'm glad my son is out playing again!
I miss you Papa!!

Life is not about how fast you can run or how high you can climb...........
It's about how well you can bounce!!

TRF HALL OF FAME JANUARY 2010
Old 2 April 2018, 02:12 AM   #82
figbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: tt GMT2c,Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds View Post
I miss you Papa!!

p club member #9
Old 4 April 2018, 04:19 AM   #83
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
From post 78 onward I have absolutely no idea what is being discussed and what it has to do with a possible London Get Together. "Lord" Frank Woodford (MBE) may have been a bit of a fraudster, but I doubt he was intent on robbing us. Actually his involvement would likely have been quite entertaining.
Old 4 April 2018, 04:59 AM   #84
Swearengen
"TRF" Member

A few of us didn't want to meet another iWally/Sayub. His Lordship has been busy covering his tracks. Conclude what you will

Quote:
From post 78 onward I have absolutely no idea what is being discussed and what it has to do with a possible London Get Together. "Lord" Frank Woodford (MBE) may have been a bit of a fraudster, but I doubt he was intent on robbing us. Actually his involvement would likely have been quite entertaining.

1680 1675 16800 16570 16710 17000 16613 17013

Gone but not forgotten 16610LV 1016
Old 4 April 2018, 05:06 AM   #85
Angelis
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Coke
Hi.

I’ve only been a member of this forum for a month but I don’t mind helping organise a London meet.

In my spare time I organise supercar meets so know about discretion and security and if any of you own a Ferrari/Lamborghini then you may already know me or know people who may know me.

Although technically I’m not a Rolex owner yet. Hopefully by 1pm tomorrow I will be if Royal Mail are on time.
Old 4 April 2018, 05:52 AM   #86
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You might want to turn up to an event organised by a complete fraud where you have nowhere to run, but I’d rather err on the side of caution.
Old 4 April 2018, 06:25 AM   #87
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
Hi.

I’ve only been a member of this forum for a month but I don’t mind helping organise a London meet.

In my spare time I organise supercar meets so know about discretion and security and if any of you own a Ferrari/Lamborghini then you may already know me or know people who may know me.

Although technically I’m not a Rolex owner yet. Hopefully by 1pm tomorrow I will be if Royal Mail are on time.
Hiya Angelis
Good luck with your incoming,,
PCGB member and have never ventured over,,
Old 4 April 2018, 09:16 AM   #88
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
He did a runner as soon as the questions started, asked us to delete all his posts and threads here, and has since begun removing his online presence elsewhere... that's why he was banned. His persistent promotion of his "none profit" (sic) organisation was an apparent attempt to raise funds from our members for his own personal gain. We tend to frown on that sort of thing. Again, we thank those who exposed him.
Old 4 April 2018, 12:29 PM   #89
Sjmoore11
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Exp II - old & new
Quote:
And thanks everyone
After all fakes aren't welcome on this forum.
Wow, what an interesting turn this thread took.
Great detective work!
Old 4 April 2018, 12:36 PM   #90
returntorolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Jackie Stewart DD
Lord of Ownage TRF