The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 8 January 2018, 04:13 PM   #31
Beckster
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
Yup. Agreed. Info about the crown and papers matching the watch are unfortunately insufficient to confirm if watch is 100% genuine. Just as a noTE for those who are often nervous about buying a watch, my opinion is if it's a watch that is still in production, just try to get from an AD. May be difficult to find but. Peace of mind. Brand new. Retail price. Just have to be patient. Of course if you're getting a discontinued model then you have no choice but to source elsewhere and the anxiety cannot be avoided. ��
Old 8 January 2018, 08:08 PM   #32
crazymcmichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 114060, 216570
Thank you all!!

But 1 thing, what do the scammers actually putt on a warranty card that is matching the Rolex watch? I mean, they can't putt on a dealers name i suppose as they directly commit pure fraud to that dealer in particular aswell.. On the other side, why should they care as they commit fraud all day long.

Indeed, i also was very much in going to an AD but they all gave me a story of we have a big list for this watch and it would take a half year or so... What i did was very very much googling about the dealer i bought from, but still it wasn't enough to have a 100% zen lol.. Buying a watch of this price is one of the most scarry purchases a man can do i think lol..
Old 6 March 2018, 12:08 AM   #33
crazymcmichael
"TRF" Member

By the way guys, what i did a few days after i started this topic was mailing the AD that was stamped on the warranty-card to confirm that they sold the piece with the serial nr on the card&watch They confirmed they had. Isn't this just a great way to authenticate a watchhave matching papers and watch? Last months i got really interessed in Rolex watches and i learned now to spot a fake more easily, however i found also a forum somewhere with Rolex-replica's that are so real or franken that they are near impossible to spot...... What i am still wondering is what is actually written on there ''Warranty cards'' They can't abuse a name of a AD i guess, that would be so personally fraud that they can easily get caught. To be honest i find the whole replica industry quite frustrating and also i get very angry for the fact that there are sometimes scammers that actually try to pass them off as being genuine......................
Old 6 March 2018, 12:50 AM   #34
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefly View Post
Sorry, that is more misinformation.

There have been fakes with matching papers (and now matching warranty cards) for several years now.
+1
Old 6 March 2018, 12:57 AM   #35
crazymcmichael
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwatchcollector View Post
+1
Correct, but i tink not genuinely stamped etc. Must be to expensive to replicate like that is my guess. Cause every replica must be a identique match with card than...
Old 6 March 2018, 06:01 AM   #36
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymcmichael View Post
What i am still wondering is what is actually written on there ''Warranty cards'' They can't abuse a name of a AD i guess, that would be so personally fraud that they can easily get caught. To be honest i find the whole replica industry quite frustrating and also i get very angry for the fact that there are sometimes scammers that actually try to pass them off as being genuine......................
A real warranty card will always have the AD stamp/print from where it was purchased from. However, having the AD info there does NOT automatically mean it's legit. There are plenty of fake warranty cards out there (accompanying fake watches) with stamps/print info from actual ADs. A common one used is Mayors Jewelers. When you are already committing felony fraud by selling a counterfeit watch for multiple thousands of dollars, a little added forgery is no big deal!
Old 6 March 2018, 06:07 AM   #37
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
Correct, but i tink not genuinely stamped etc. Must be to expensive to replicate like that is my guess. Cause every replica must be a identique match with card than...
As above, some cards will have the names/info of legitimate ADs printed on them. Many come this way directly from the source (typically SE Asia), along with the other fake accessories (boxes, manuals, tags, etc.) that accompany the better fake watches. I've seen fake warranty cards with Mayors Jewelers, Ben Bridge, and others. Most are pretty obvious to spot though, if you know what to look for.
Old 6 March 2018, 06:14 AM   #38
crazymcmichael
"TRF" Member

Omg......................................
Old 6 March 2018, 06:49 AM   #39
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Look at it like this, if all the fake watches your fake factory spits out have the same fake ser# it is easy for all the fake papers to match the fake watches. Pick an AD off the Rolex.com website and rubber stamp all the fake papers and you get a matching fake set. B&P are not a good measuring stick for authenticity.
Old 6 March 2018, 10:35 AM   #40
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
And RANDOM serial numbers. By random I mean the counterfeiters are not just making with 1 or 2 serial numbers but generating random too!
Closed Thread