The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 30 July 2010, 01:28 AM   #1
jianliu1

Watch: milgauss ,pam 312
i never wear a watch untill now

Before I bought my GV I never wear a watch everday,but now it's routine for me in the morning to get up,brush my teeth,shower,then put on my watch. I just can't help,but come to this site everday and read about other people like me enjoying the rolex craftsman of they watch.

now i'm going to try to collect them all,2 off my list and alot more to go.
1.Datejust II-116334-ss/wg silver dial with blue Arabic numerals
2.Green Crystal Milgauss-116400V

Next one on the list is the new sub-c(green),also my mom bought a DJ from time and gems.com,after we get the watch went to the AD and they said this watch is a fake,now i'm spending some time on getting her money back what should I do??

Old 30 July 2010, 04:39 AM   #2
DRAWTOOL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M & 16570
Hi Buddy, what have you done so far? I would suggest you post this in the WatchOut! section of this forum. Those Guys are pretty rough on bad sellers!
And you call that a nightmare, ya tosser?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
You just made it into the Tosser Hall of Fame, ya bastid tosser!!
Inducted 3/25/10
Old 30 July 2010, 05:13 AM   #3
Nahligah

Watch: not enough...
Gotta love that lightning-bolt second-hand....
Old 30 July 2010, 05:34 AM   #4
mjm800
"TRF" Member

If you bought it on line and used a credit card you can put in a fraud claim with your credit card company and the FCC.

Time and Gems is in LA right? You can sue them if they refuse to refund on a Rolex they guaranteed authentic. Get a written affidavit from your AD stating the watch is fake.
Old 2 August 2010, 04:43 PM   #5
VincentR
"TRF" Member

Jianliu.. have you communicated with Time and Gems over your last purchase? Are you certain its a fake? You can't go around making statements like that without proof bro. Let us all in the know, we can help you out.
Old 4 August 2010, 05:27 AM   #6
jeff-tg
"TRF" Member

Hi Jianliu,

I'm one of the sales managers at Time and Gems and came across this post.

We've been in business since 1997 selling online and ONLY sell genuine Rolex watches. We actually have a wide variety of pre-owned Rolex watches, both 100% factory original, as well as ones that contain aftermarket or "custom" dials and or bezels. These will be labelled as such on our website, and on the appraisal that it comes with.

Authorized dealers, and Rolex's stand on ANY watch you bring in that contains aftermarket accessories is to declare that is is fake - when that simply isn't the case. If the watch was stated as 100% factory original, and they declared it as fake, then all we would need is a written affadivit stating that the watch is not 100% factory original.

If the watch contains aftermarket parts, then I'd suggest taking it to a local jeweler who is familiar with Rolex, and aftermarket Rolex accessories, to determine whether the watch movement, case and any other accessories stated as original are in fact original.

In either case, if the watch is not as stated (on the appraisal and invoice), then that's a mistake on our part we will gladly refund your money. If it is as stated and you're still not happy with the watch, we will be happy to exchange it for you for another (since it seems you should be within the 10 day exchange period) - but I can extend it for you.

Do you have your order number or know the ITEM ID of the watch that you ordered? I'll be happy to look it up for you....

I've also attached a picture to make things clearer...
Old 4 August 2010, 10:17 AM   #7
Lol-x
Facilitator

But when you customise something with say a diamond dial, an unwitting purchaser may buy the product only to realise sometime in the future that Rolex will not back up the product unless the product is restored to it's uncustomized state. This is a very important fact that perhaps you overlook as it can result in:
(a) A customer being misled by your 100% Rolex claim;
(b) A customer incurring additional unforeseen costs;
(c) The customised dial necessarily being removed in the regular servicing of the watch.

Also the comparison price of your customized watch with the recommended retail price is misleading because there is no recommended retail price of a watch that has been customised. That is also misleading. If you asked Rolex what was the value of a customised watch they would quote you a second hand value minus the cost of restoring the watch to it's original factory specification.

Most purchasers are not aware of these issues as you do not explain those facts.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 4 August 2010, 10:49 AM   #8
Lol-x
Facilitator

I don't understand:

How does "Contains Aftermarket Accessories" equate to the bottom line statement of "100% All Original Rolex - No Aftermarket Parts"

When you attach aftermarket diamonds to a dial or replace a white dial with an aftermarket mother of pear dial they are parts and they are not Rolex.

Also these aren't "aftermarket accessories" they are "aftermarket modifications" which actually transform the original watch into something quite different by the application of labour and materials/parts to the intrinsic elements of the original Rolex timepiece.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

Old 4 August 2010, 10:54 AM   #9
TimeToGo
2024 Pledge Member

Jeff,

Thanks for chiming in! This is between you and the OP. Hopefully he will follow up. As Stevo mentioned, 100% Rolex would mean just that!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM
Old 4 August 2010, 04:42 PM   #10
pradeep
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Day Dates
Stevo,

I think you've misunderstood the post. The attached picture in the above post shows two different watches. It is a comparison of what they sell as an ''customised" watch and an original watch. The comparison is done side by side. This is what I understood from the above post.

I have placed an order with T&G in the last couple of weeks for a Rolex 18038 and will take delivery of the watch during early September. I will do a write up of their service and product once I receive mine!
Old 4 August 2010, 06:21 PM   #11
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Watch: 116520/660/710/334
The way the custom / aftermaket parts watches are presented in the add's are grossly misleading for the non WIS , average punter . I would have to agree with Stevo 100% . How can you honestly list an RRP on the customised watches ??
Old 4 August 2010, 07:34 PM   #12
Nicko
Banned

I agree with Steve 100$. An original Rolex should be 100% Rolex. For cripes sake, Rolex won't even work on them without replacing all the "fake" parts, yes, I said fake cuz that's what they are, fake. Let's call a spade a spade here....
Old 4 August 2010, 08:05 PM   #13
Lol-x
Facilitator

Even the factory original price comparison is misleading.
It is a second hand watch without original papers and without a Rolex warranty. Comparing that to a brand new watch with a 2 year Rolex Factory warranty original box and papers is misleading. Lets compare apples with apples.

Old 4 August 2010, 10:57 PM   #14
Nicko
Banned

Yes, very misleading at the least.

Quote:
Even the factory original price comparison is misleading.
It is a second hand watch without original papers and without a Rolex warranty. Comparing that to a brand new watch with a 2 year Rolex Factory warranty original box and papers is misleading. Lets compare apples with apples.
Old 5 August 2010, 06:03 AM   #15
jeff-tg
"TRF" Member

Icon7 Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
I don't understand:

How does "Contains Aftermarket Accessories" equate to the bottom line statement of "100% All Original Rolex - No Aftermarket Parts"

When you attach aftermarket diamonds to a dial or replace a white dial with an aftermarket mother of pear dial they are parts and they are not Rolex.

Also these aren't "aftermarket accessories" they are "aftermarket modifications" which actually transform the original watch into something quite different by the application of labour and materials/parts to the intrinsic elements of the original Rolex timepiece.
Now that I look back at the posting, I can see how it would be unclear - my mistake. Pradeep is right - in that it's 2 SEPARATE watches. Here's an updated image (see the green):

Also here's the links to the 2 said watches...
Custom: http://www.timeandgems.com/Rolex-Lad...ial_p_324.html
All Original: http://www.timeandgems.com/Rolex-Lad...ial_p_635.html

With regards to the RRP - they're SUPPOSED to be the same as what a new watch would cost with equivalent configuration. I see that the RRP's have not been updated for a while, since both watches should be the SAME RRP - and much less at that - around $8,500 I believe. I'll have to get our product listings guy on this.

But back to the point, people who are looking for a pre-owned Rolex, are pretty much not expecting to pay retail - and know what buying pre-owned entails - possibly no papers, a little bit of stretch on the band... but it IS nice to know what the original NEW price is no? Similar to buying a used car...you know it's not going to smell new, or FEEL brand new, but that's why it's used. You DO know what the new price is, and what the used price is...and how much you're saving. Our intent isn't to mislead people but to give them a sense of what they would pay if they bought a similar watch new, that's all.

As for the clarification of custom vs. 100% factory, that's something that we are planning to make clearer very soon. The "100% All Original Rolex - No Aftermarket Parts" is a first step, but we're currently creating a much more comprehensive page that explains this in detail - including how to get their watch serviced, Rolex's stand on watches with Aftermarket customizations etc.

Customers who ask us what the difference is, the difference in price between a watch with a factory diamond dial/bezel vs. aftermarket (and what it means in terms of servicing etc.) and many times they go with the aftermarket.

Hope that clears things up...
Old 5 August 2010, 06:12 AM   #16
jeff-tg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToGo View Post
Jeff,

Thanks for chiming in! This is between you and the OP. Hopefully he will follow up. As Stevo mentioned, 100% Rolex would mean just that!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM
Thanks TimeToGo for the warm welcome - always a pleasure. I get so much value out of this forum whenever I get a chance to stop in...
Old 5 August 2010, 04:24 PM   #17
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff-tg View Post

But back to the point, people who are looking for a pre-owned Rolex, are pretty much not expecting to pay retail - and know what buying pre-owned entails - possibly no papers, a little bit of stretch on the band... but it IS nice to know what the original NEW price is no? Similar to buying a used car...you know it's not going to smell new, or FEEL brand new, but that's why it's used. You DO know what the new price is, and what the used price is...and how much you're saving. Our intent isn't to mislead people but to give them a sense of what they would pay if they bought a similar watch new, that's all.

As for the clarification of custom vs. 100% factory, that's something that we are planning to make clearer very soon. The "100% All Original Rolex - No Aftermarket Parts" is a first step, but we're currently creating a much more comprehensive page that explains this in detail - including how to get their watch serviced, Rolex's stand on watches with Aftermarket customizations etc.

Customers who ask us what the difference is, the difference in price between a watch with a factory diamond dial/bezel vs. aftermarket (and what it means in terms of servicing etc.) and many times they go with the aftermarket.

Hope that clears things up...
The significance of a customised dial (and its future ramifications) is not clearly explained in the body of the advertisement.
"Saving" is when you compare like for like not new for old especially when the old doesn't have a factory warranty, original Rolex documentation, original Rolex Box and booklets.

Old 5 August 2010, 04:37 PM   #18
sturgeon123456
"TRF" Member

It is so important to educate yourself when making an expensive purchase online. I hope this works out.
Old 6 August 2010, 01:25 AM   #19
pradeep
"TRF" Member

Stevo.. I know what you mean about the 'savings'. Thats a silly comparison that A LOT of people actually like to look at. I see it on all sites selling used watches on an on-line catalogue. I pay no attention to it.
Old 6 August 2010, 02:10 AM   #20
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Well you can buy a 2 year warranty for another $500. Pretty pricey. Just skip the warranty and get a full service for that much.
Of course you would have to go independent vs RSC.
My brother has an aftermarket bracelet. Real 14k gold with genuine clasp. He knew it when he bought it, and it was priced accordingly. He put it on a strap when it needed a service. Ironically they commented on the strap and plain gold buckle at service, but didn't ask him if he wanted an original rolex clasp.
Still serviced it. I think they did offer him a replacement 18k bracelet though. Ha!

十人十色
Old 6 August 2010, 02:34 AM   #21
Nicko
Banned

I can see people doing that on real expensive bracelets, gold for example. If I had to fork over several thousand for a new gold bracelet I would think twice and most likely opt for an aftermarket. For SS sport models, if you can afford the watch then most of the time you can afford an original bracelet. I remember when I bought my BMW new several years ago and had to take it into the dealer for service. I remember paying about $300 USD for an oil and various silly filter change and this was back in 97. The guy told me that if you can afford the cost of a new Bimmer, then you can afford to pay for the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
Well you can buy a 2 year warranty for another $500. Pretty pricey. Just skip the warranty and get a full service for that much.
Of course you would have to go independent vs RSC.
My brother has an aftermarket bracelet. Real 14k gold with genuine clasp. He knew it when he bought it, and it was priced accordingly. He put it on a strap when it needed a service. Ironically they commented on the strap and plain gold buckle at service, but didn't ask him if he wanted an original rolex clasp.
Still serviced it. I think they did offer him a replacement 18k bracelet though. Ha!
Old 6 August 2010, 11:24 PM   #22
pradeep
"TRF" Member

Not always true.. if you buy a watch second hand then you may not be able to afford a costly service at the RSC.
Old 11 November 2016, 10:14 PM   #23
HeartRolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEXROLEXROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
But when you customise something with say a diamond dial, an unwitting purchaser may buy the product only to realise sometime in the future that Rolex will not back up the product unless the product is restored to it's uncustomized state. This is a very important fact that perhaps you overlook as it can result in:
(a) A customer being misled by your 100% Rolex claim;
(b) A customer incurring additional unforeseen costs;
(c) The customised dial necessarily being removed in the regular servicing of the watch.

Also the comparison price of your customized watch with the recommended retail price is misleading because there is no recommended retail price of a watch that has been customised. That is also misleading. If you asked Rolex what was the value of a customised watch they would quote you a second hand value minus the cost of restoring the watch to it's original factory specification.

Most purchasers are not aware of these issues as you do not explain those facts.
Very well said!

It has to be frustrating for an uneducated buyer to purchase used with aftermarket parts thinking it's a savings only to find they must spend extra to remove or replace parts, if they want service through RSC. All used sellers should discuss this with potential customers and provide it in writing.
Old 11 November 2016, 10:51 PM   #24
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

This thread is five years old ?

http://timeandgemsfake.blogspot.com/?m=1
https://time-and-gems.pissedconsumer.com

http://m.ripoffreport.com/r/time-gem...-are-an-751140

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk