The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 11 January 2008, 12:11 PM   #1
striker27
Banned

New Member Funny Fake Story

I have just joined this site and did so because I heard about it on a replica watch forum.

Yeah it does sound strange. I have quite a few Rolex's and have been buying them since 1983. Which is an absurdly long time. I paid under $750cdn for my first one the orange handed explorer. Now not to laugh or anything but I bought it with my graduation money from.... Dont laugh...... Grade school. Yeah I have liked these damn watches since I have been in diapers.

Now about the rep thing. I play alot of golf and usually wear my GMT II when I play. The guys I play with tell me that it is an expensive watch and most guys who own them cannot tell the difference between a real one and a fake and so on. You guys know the damn drill. Well somethime during the round I throw it in the golf cart and stop wearing it. Usually I put it in that little area up front where some guys put things like balls or their gloves. Well one of the guys I was playing with switched it with a fake as a joke.

I wore that damn fake watch for 3 months and never noticed it was a fake. It was an excellent rep I even kept the damn thing too. Funny thing is that I play golf with the guy who owns the damn AD in city. Yeah he did not notice it was switched either. For this reason I am totally scared of what is out in the market now. How can you tell which one is fake and real. Some replica's are so damn good now.

Yes my golfing buddies gave me my watch back after 3 months of talking about how bad replica's are and how you can or cannot tell which one is real and fake. I had egg on my face and still do. I pretty much buy the rounds in the 19th hole now just to shut these guys up.

Now if I can just find a perfect replica of a 2000 Ferrari 360 spider I can get this guy back.

This is all I know about reps!!!!!!!!

JUST WATCH OUT!!!!
striker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2008, 02:16 PM   #2
dr_rolex

Watch: Cartier + Rolex
Icon19 This little piggy is a troll.

I found this reply.

Sorry we're not available:

......out getting my boots......the bullshit is so thick.........

(a) you own a genuine rolex, yet you hang around a replica site? From the Replica site you found the legitimate site? And you left rehab when? Have a copy of the discharge papers?

(b) You play golf with your buddies and they consider your watch to be expensive, yet one of the is the local AD?

(c) Your buddies (the golf players) decided to "borrow" your watch for (3) months......... And they allowed you to carry a FAKE for that amount of time?

Why, make I ask, do your buddies happen to have a fake Rolex laying around to do the switcha-roo on you? Does the average golfer wear fakes? I thought the average golfing crowd has resources?

Ok, let's do this, start over.............

P.S. And try not to stir GEDANKEN........he has pulled bigger men than you, from CORN FLAKE boxes.

Last edited by dr_rolex; 11 January 2008 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: I had to take an ALKA SELTZER before I even tried to respond to this.....
dr_rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2008, 05:25 PM   #3
CPTL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date; SS/WG DJ
Damn funny story. A little damn far fetched, but damn funny. Can't believe you bought a damn Rolex with your damn 5th grade graduation money. All I got when I finished 5th grade was a damn baseball glove.
CPTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2008, 06:02 PM   #4
striker27
Banned

Sorry where I am we have to graduate the 8th grade before they let us into high school. I bought that watch off the AD owners wrist. He said he was unable to sell and would at times wear it out of the display case.
Old 11 January 2008, 06:50 PM   #5
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker27 View Post
Sorry where I am we have to graduate the 8th grade before they let us into high school. I bought that watch off the AD owners wrist. He said he was unable to sell and would at times wear it out of the display case.
I've never in my entire life known any AD to take out a brand new watch out of his own display case and slap it onto his wrist!!!

What a stupid bloody thing to do!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2008, 07:32 PM   #6
Elaine

Watch: Rodium Diamond DJ
hmmmmmm.....

the story is bit far fetched but yet to be seen if he is a troll .........
Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2008, 10:31 PM   #7
dr_rolex

Quote:
Ok, now I get it! You made up this story......kinda like a joke? Right!!??!! I did not notice it in your original story line:

"NEW MEMBER FUNNY FAKE STORY"

or is it:

"NEW MEMBER, FUNNY FAKE STORY"

or is it:

"NEW MEMBER, FUNNY, FAKE STORY"
Old 11 January 2008, 11:57 PM   #8
striker27
Banned

Actually it is a true story I am sorry that it was not taken that way. I was not going to sit down and type I play in a league with 130 guys and most dont really give a damn about what one wears on their wrist. Some hear rolex and think it is expensive.

In 1983 when I purchased my first Rolex we had probably 5 AD's in my small city of under 200000 now we have 1. Yes I did buy it off his wrist hell it was 1983 the dealer only had a few and he was wearing it. Big deal he wore it. What was he going to do sell it, the town was in the shitter high unemployment, plant closings, no one was going to buy a Rolex then. Plus it was already a few yrs old. The place went out of business soon after anyways. Hell my neighbor is a car dealer and he drives the new cars home, why not wear the watch. When I bought the Sub it didnt have a date so who would really want it. The Ad had it sitting in the case for 3 yrs. The Gmt I puchased off a former AD that had the line pulled he had maybe 5 watches left.

I think you people believe that these watches were something people actually wanted and the AD had hundreds. I am sorry but in my small town we did not have an AD like that. The AD now still wears a Rolex on his wrist and after a few months to a year you can buy it off him at a nice discount too.

Sorry but not everyone comes to a forum to be treated like crap.

Sorry I really thought this forum would not be so damn cynical. I guess I was kinda wrong huh.
Old 12 January 2008, 12:20 AM   #9
portable75
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT II
" Well somethime during the round I throw it in the golf cart and stop wearing it. Usually I put it in that little area up front where some guys put things like balls or their gloves. Well one of the guys I was playing with switched it with a fake as a joke."

Stopped wearing your Rolex?
Throw?
Where $2 balls and $20 gloves go?
Leave unattended in a golf cart?

Geeze!
Old 12 January 2008, 12:23 AM   #10
striker27
Banned

Its a private club no one is going to steal the damn thing. Plus I usually share a cart with only a few guys and they dont want my watch. Take a look at my watches I wear the damn things they are not all that pristine looking. Hell I even used that explorer to lay the brick for my garage foundation about 10yrs back!!!!
Old 12 January 2008, 01:49 AM   #11
seantk
"TRF" Member

I do not claim to be able to tell the difference between a real and fake, however I would know the difference between my watch and another watch...

Sean
Old 12 January 2008, 01:52 AM   #12
mrchubbyrabbit

Watch: 14060M Submariner
I wear my Patek Philippe platinum Calatrava when I fight mixed martial arts in the K-1 tournament and also when I dive into septic tanks to clear the lines. Once I choked out an opponent with the Breitling Navitimer and I wear on my wrist opposite the PP.

It's all true...

Your friends must have ESP like my friends. The guys I shoot skeet with all know how many links are in my watch bracelet, and which hole to put the pins in to make a new watch feel exactly like mine. My watch this very moment could be a replica they swapped in...

[I got fewer posts than the troll does and even I can smell the BS.]
mrchubbyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2008, 02:32 AM   #13
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchubbyrabbit View Post
I wear my Patek Philippe platinum Calatrava when I fight mixed martial arts in the K-1 tournament and also when I dive into septic tanks to clear the lines. Once I choked out an opponent with the Breitling Navitimer and I wear on my wrist opposite the PP.

It's all true...

Your friends must have ESP like my friends. The guys I shoot skeet with all know how many links are in my watch bracelet, and which hole to put the pins in to make a new watch feel exactly like mine. My watch this very moment could be a replica they swapped in...

My friend has a Ferrari F430, and he wanted to test out it's safety features, so he on purpose crashed his car into the railing of an entrance ramp. He told me it's a pretty safe car.

PS - To the OP, if that story is really true, you need to get new friends. If anyone did that to me I would go ape shit on them, but then again I never take off my Rolex.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2008, 03:05 AM   #14
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Come on guys.

I know the opening thread is a little florid but let's not raise a posse and herd the poor bugger out of town.

He has posted his collection in this thread.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=29973
I am not the king of fake spotting Omegas so if someone can validate these watches I reckon the guy should be given a bit more respect.

If the watches are fakes then the position is quite clear.
Old 12 January 2008, 03:14 AM   #15
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
Come on guys.

I know the opening thread is a little florid but let's not raise a posse and herd the poor bugger out of town.

He has posted his collection in this thread.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=29973
I am not the king of fake spotting Omegas so if someone can validate these watches I reckon the guy should be given a bit more respect.

If the watches are fakes then the position is quite clear.

I will admit, for a previous M Series, it is probably pretty hard to tell a real from a fake, not many people take off their bracelets to expose the serial #.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2008, 04:03 AM   #16
Harley Rider

Watch: Rolex Explorer II
I find the story rather difficult to believe. I know every scratch on my watch. if someone switched my watch with even another real explorer, I would know.
Harley Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2008, 07:16 AM   #17
Tomi

That's a funny story. I hope it's true.
I know my friends would love to do same kind of prank for me.
Tomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2008, 09:47 AM   #18
dr_rolex

Icon4

Ok, he posted some pics.........but after reading his intro - are they really his?

The guy is funny as hell, thou...........

And I am not a watch expert, but I damn sure know every inch of my watch.

A "three month" practical joke? I dunno, must be the Latino in me, I think I would not be friends with someone that keeps my watch for "3" months, what happens if the practical joker passes away? I get to keep a fake Rolex?

Which now that I think of it, I have a friend thats a real masochist and one time he..................
Old 12 January 2008, 10:00 AM   #19
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Well, I don't know about Andy and his Explorer - but I do know about his friends.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2008, 10:14 AM   #20
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

I read the original thread again, then again.

Is it you Ashton? How's Demi doing these days?

Nice one. I nearly fell for it.
Old 12 January 2008, 11:31 AM   #21
Letsgodiving
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchubbyrabbit View Post

It's all true...

Letsgodiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2008, 12:38 PM   #22
steve-o
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue TT Sub
I don't buy it.

That is a funny, fake story.

Old 12 January 2008, 12:55 PM   #23
scottschoe
"TRF" Member

There are replica watch forums?
Old 13 January 2008, 04:00 AM   #24
boon626
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
the striker dives again...but no fault awarded..

Quote:
Well somethime during the round I throw it in the golf cart and stop wearing it. Usually I put it in that little area up front where some guys put things like balls or their gloves. Well one of the guys I was playing with switched the it with a fake as a joke.

I pity the man who doesn't see the values in their own watch aside the price tag, brand .....why bother wearing one then? ...might as well strap some notes or coins on the wrist but then his story gonna be :

" Well one of the guys I was playing with switched MY REAL NOTES with SOME FAKE NOTES as a joke and blah blah blah......"

When words are both true and kind, they can change our world.
boon626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2008, 04:12 AM   #25
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Hell, this is a damn weird thread.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2008, 04:27 AM   #26
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Exactly what I was going to say, Lisa. It probably would have been better left unposted...
Old 13 January 2008, 07:29 AM   #27
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottschoe View Post
There are replica watch forums?
I know of no damn replica forums....damn it!
CoopJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2008, 07:43 AM   #28
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

It shows how civilized TRF members are.

A bit of gentle ribbing over a tall tale.
Old 13 January 2008, 08:17 AM   #29
leethal21

Watch: SD
It is one of the funnier posts I have read here. Truly amazing storey!!!

I agree with steve-o

It is a funny, fake storey.
leethal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2008, 08:45 AM   #30
arttay10
"TRF" Member

Watch: ????????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Agree with you there Lisa...
arttay10 is offline   Reply With Quote