The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 2 September 2015, 10:49 AM   #1
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
Beware of member occb2

Member occb2 with a post count of 4 is a troll looking to buy rolex parts to use on replica watches.

He PM'ed me and gave a low ball offer on a part I have forsale, when I told him I couldn't budge, he then went off about how he is a member at the RWG and has a "watch maker" on there who gives him rolex parts for cheap and has built a couple "gens" for him etc..

I would hate to see authentic rolex parts being put in a replica watch and passed off as real.

Beware of this member if he contacts you for parts.
Old 2 September 2015, 10:52 AM   #2
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Good to know thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2 September 2015, 11:05 AM   #3
occb2
Banned

Watch: Submariner 16610
Not worth the energy. I own three Rolexs. I have service history on them from Zimmer brothers Here upstate NY. My wife owns two. I just got a better deal than the OP was offering. At no point did I even haggle. I offered him $450. I was contacted by a friend who saw it and he told me he had a new one in a box. The OP said that it was fake and truth is, its not worth the argument. Good luck with your sell.

Last edited by occb2; 2 September 2015 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: Not worth an argument.
Old 2 September 2015, 11:36 AM   #4
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Watch: AKA: ANDERL712000
He aint gonna last long here, thats a big no-no
Hope the mods catch him soon.....

Hans Wilsdorf, Rolex founder
Old 2 September 2015, 11:39 AM   #5
Cryten
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubKing View Post
Member occb2 with a post count of 4 is a troll looking to buy rolex parts to use on replica watches.
Make that 5
Old 2 September 2015, 12:27 PM   #6
hunterp27
Banned

Watch: WG 18039 Day/Date
IBTL.........looking for popcorn now and my favorite frozen mug to drink my Texas made Dr. Pepper made with real pure cane sugar. This could get good.
Old 2 September 2015, 01:45 PM   #7
teqp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterp27 View Post
my favorite frozen mug to drink my Texas made Dr. Pepper made with real pure cane sugar.
Good ole Waco, TX. Had their Dr Pepper at the DP museum the last time I was there in June.
Old 2 September 2015, 02:15 PM   #8
occb2
Banned

It won't get good. I won't let it. I own three Rolex. My wife owns two. I own about 6 fakes. I'm a detective in the NYPD look up my name. Google me. I have not one issue with having fakes. I cracked my sub on 9/11. What can most of you guys say you did with yours. When the plan crashed on the hudson I was wearing my 16613 two tone. Love it. It sits in my safe until my father in law wanted to wear it and he has been using it the past year. I have built my own Rolexes every part real. I have a 16610 that I built in honor of the one I cracked on 9/11. Read all about it on the other forums. So in my family I own 5 real rolex's. Brought and on my home insurance. I have build great ones too. I know this is going to get me kicked off. Bottom line is that Subking is a baby. He want's $550 for a piece that I am getting new in a box for $350.

His response which was a little kid was that my watch maker was a fake and the part was a fake. When the one I am getting is sealed and his has been sitting for years open. Oh yea then his other responds were more mature. I have to quote that from his messages.

"I highly doubt anyone has more parts that I can dream of when my collection of pateks and AP's are worth more than your entire house!"

I guess I must have called him an ass. I know guys like him. I've dealt with them. Still do. They talk all they want. I would bet my pension he has more fakes than I do. Please one person here who has met him speak up. I have his name and contact, I could run him and post what he make a year and how much he is in debt. It is just not worth it. I could lose my job or at least get a rep. He isn't worth it. Here is his other response, and I guess I had called him an ass. He did verbally attack my friend.

"Calling someone an ass is disrespectful.

Calling names like a little boy..

what amazes me is when you start flaunting that you belong to a replica watch forum. that's when I realized you're a loser and what warranted my response to you. This forum will never tolerate replica forum members.

Please pull my financials, they would make you want to kill yourself..

PS: here are just a couple watches of mine that are worth more than anything you will ever own.. if you even know what patek and audemars is"

Funny thing is the deli owner on 187 St in the Bronx owns one, but no I don't know. Or do I have a great video on Patek crazy like 40 function one that is over $1 mil. I know lots about them. I do not own them. I would again bet he doesn't either. The man is trying to get $550 for a 16610LV used insert. Sorry I offered you $450. Sorry I got a response from someone else who saw I wanted one. Sorry I got a better price. Sorry I called you and ass. I will be off of here tomorrow or tonight who knows. What I do know is I hold no grudge life is two short. I will continue to save them God bless you all and for all that I have become friends with I believe I gave most of you my cell number. Still up for free beer and hanging out talking watches. I will bring my real and my fakes.

Also I already told the Mod's that I am more than willing to show him all my paperwork and my appraisals for all my real watches. They are on my tiny small house in NY that one of your watches are worth more. Long live Rolex. Got to love them. Also really have some fun making them. Buy parts build them up. The fun of seeing a 3135 in parts and learning which bridge goes where. Which oil goes where. Learning how to tell if an insert is real. Learning how a real bezel feels compared to a fake. Seeing how a real dial Lume is so much stronger than a fake. That is so much more fun. To make my 16610 after the one that I cracked on the job was the highlight of my year. Stay safe everyone. Subking, I am sorry for calling you an Ass if I did. Life is too short to dislike someone. I also gave you my number.
Old 2 September 2015, 02:42 PM   #9
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Watch: AKA: ANDERL712000
Yikes a lawman that owns fakes? should you not uphold the law and get rid of them? And catch the criminals that sell them?

Hans Wilsdorf, Rolex founder
Old 2 September 2015, 03:02 PM   #10
occb2
Banned

Not really getting involved it that discussion here. My fakes are not "fake" you would buy. I go to eBay and bay cases. I buy all real rolex parts. Look up occb2 on eBay. I love it. I buy real dials. Put a real dial on it. That was were Subking got his panties into a bunch. A buddy of mine who is a rolex watch maker and is on here. Won't mention him because I'm most likely getting kicked off so don't want anyone else to get in trouble, offered me a new one in the wrapper/plastic for $350. I had just offered Subking $450, and to not be a pest I didn't even let him counter offer. I sent him a message right away thinking I was doing the right thing telling him a buddy of mine, who build me a watch got me a new one. Then he went crazy called me a troll which I have no clue what a troll is. I love reading. I spend all day on here, Pelican, rennlist, and RWG and few others. I'm a Porsche nut too, but I guess I can't afford those either, although I've owned one since I was 28. LOL. The last one is my twin turbo 2002. Still have it. Can't upgrade. The 991's are to fancy inside. Should have kept my 1977 930 but had a guy in denmark wanted it, time was right. That is a $100,000 car now. Though I don't really know about that, though that too is all documented on Pelican parts forum.

I love scuba diving, hence the Rolex sub kick. My dad had a 60's sub. He passed away a few years back and that watch is missing. So when I turned 30 I got my 16610 brand new in the box. The next year 911 happen. I cracked the crystal and had a great story. Then when I got promoted to 2nd grade detective I got a 16613 brand new in a box. Three of us actually went and got a 3 watch deal. I still have that watch too. Then My wife turned 30 I got her her woman's date. Then she fell in love with the yacht master. Not the woman but the middle size. Then I had a 116710 built. Love it. But I dropped it can cracked the crystal. Need to get it fixed. There is a lot more. Can't talk about it here. But Andy. If your ever in NY. Like i tell everyone. We can go for a few pints and talk watches and what ever. The new Freedom tower museum is great. They did a great job with it. Although I'll be band from here most likely. I've put too much info about myself anyway. So I shall start to delete it. LOL
Old 2 September 2015, 03:06 PM   #11
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Hey brother ,

I am ashamed for you if you think sept 11 should be brought into this thread for your personal gain.

Extremely inappropriate!!!!!!

Let it go and better yet, just go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by occb2 View Post
It won't get good. I won't let it. I own three Rolex. My wife owns two. I own about 6 fakes. I'm a detective in the NYPD look up my name. Google me. I have not one issue with having fakes. I cracked my sub on 9/11. What can most of you guys say you did with yours. When the plan crashed on the hudson I was wearing my 16613 two tone. Love it. It sits in my safe until my father in law wanted to wear it and he has been using it the past year. I have built my own Rolexes every part real. I have a 16610 that I built in honor of the one I cracked on 9/11. Read all about it on the other forums. So in my family I own 5 real rolex's. Brought and on my home insurance. I have build great ones too. I know this is going to get me kicked off. Bottom line is that Subking is a baby. He want's $550 for a piece that I am getting new in a box for $350.

His response which was a little kid was that my watch maker was a fake and the part was a fake. When the one I am getting is sealed and his has been sitting for years open. Oh yea then his other responds were more mature. I have to quote that from his messages.

"I highly doubt anyone has more parts that I can dream of when my collection of pateks and AP's are worth more than your entire house!"

I guess I must have called him an ass. I know guys like him. I've dealt with them. Still do. They talk all they want. I would bet my pension he has more fakes than I do. Please one person here who has met him speak up. I have his name and contact, I could run him and post what he make a year and how much he is in debt. It is just not worth it. I could lose my job or at least get a rep. He isn't worth it. Here is his other response, and I guess I had called him an ass. He did verbally attack my friend.

"Calling someone an ass is disrespectful.

Calling names like a little boy..

what amazes me is when you start flaunting that you belong to a replica watch forum. that's when I realized you're a loser and what warranted my response to you. This forum will never tolerate replica forum members.

Please pull my financials, they would make you want to kill yourself..

PS: here are just a couple watches of mine that are worth more than anything you will ever own.. if you even know what patek and audemars is"

Funny thing is the deli owner on 187 St in the Bronx owns one, but no I don't know. Or do I have a great video on Patek crazy like 40 function one that is over $1 mil. I know lots about them. I do not own them. I would again bet he doesn't either. The man is trying to get $550 for a 16610LV used insert. Sorry I offered you $450. Sorry I got a response from someone else who saw I wanted one. Sorry I got a better price. Sorry I called you and ass. I will be off of here tomorrow or tonight who knows. What I do know is I hold no grudge life is two short. I will continue to save them God bless you all and for all that I have become friends with I believe I gave most of you my cell number. Still up for free beer and hanging out talking watches. I will bring my real and my fakes.

Also I already told the Mod's that I am more than willing to show him all my paperwork and my appraisals for all my real watches. They are on my tiny small house in NY that one of your watches are worth more. Long live Rolex. Got to love them. Also really have some fun making them. Buy parts build them up. The fun of seeing a 3135 in parts and learning which bridge goes where. Which oil goes where. Learning how to tell if an insert is real. Learning how a real bezel feels compared to a fake. Seeing how a real dial Lume is so much stronger than a fake. That is so much more fun. To make my 16610 after the one that I cracked on the job was the highlight of my year. Stay safe everyone. Subking, I am sorry for calling you an Ass if I did. Life is too short to dislike someone. I also gave you my number.
Old 2 September 2015, 03:17 PM   #12
occb2
Banned

Well it is true. It was brought into the thread and it was a real rolex. Love it. I'm not ashamed. I was there. So you have nothing to be ashamed of. That was way prior to me learning how to make watches. That was my year old 16610. It was and is a great watch. Bad memory of trying to recover firemen we couldn't. Hearing the high lows and everything. We tried with little homer buckets that home depot gave us. But again nothing to be ashamed of. I haven't done anything in my career that I feel ashamed of. If building watches with a friend is something to be ashamed of, wow you guys need to live. Should I not bring up the plane that landed in the hudson. Is that bad too. Look me up. I pulled people out of that too. I had my two tone 16613. Should I be ashamed of that? I have chased and caught 11 murder's in my career. Should I be ashamed of that? The fact that I have a few fake watches and a bunch of real ones, I don't have shame for that.
Old 2 September 2015, 03:19 PM   #13
hunterp27
Banned

Watch: WG 18039 Day/Date
Hhhhmmmmm, not quite the response I was thinking would show up after the initial post. What I see here is two guys who could apologize (seems like one already has......kinda, sorta) to each other and agree that maybe tempers flared and keystrokes flew too fast (I've never don't that......er, um, well maybe once or three times) and ask each other for a do over??? Agree to shake hands and let it be water over the dam???
As to the lawman owning fakes, that's a different topic altogether that is very unlikely to get discussed on this forum. While I personally do not want to own replicas, my main goal isn't to keep others from doing so, its to keep people from being fraudulent and sticking it to an unsuspecting buyer who is trying to buy then real mckoy. I see both sides of the replica argument and can clearly see the damage from patent infringement and copyrights violations to Rolex. Then I've also heard and give some credence to the position that people who are buying the high end fakes were in all likelihood not going to spend ten to twenty times more for the real deal. Again, what I hate with a passion is watching the scumbags on fleabay try to 5-hole a buyer who doesn't know any better. I know the old saying about "a fool and his money are soon parted" but if I can prevent a fraud right out in the open.......I'm gonna do it. Nuff said for tonite.
Old 2 September 2015, 03:29 PM   #14
occb2
Banned

That is something Hunter I would never do. I won't even sell my 100% real ones that I built. Where I know every part is real. I don't have papers or box for those. Hell the only one I have sold is my first 16610 and that was as a trade to the dealer for the 16613. I do feel sorry if I did call him anything. Like I said. I will sit with him and have a pint and talk watches all day long. I've seen way to much in my life to let this bother me. I can type all day. I don't get bigger balls behind a keyboard. So if I called him a child and an ass I am truly sorry. I sent him that In a PM. I won't ever pass off a fake as a real. Fact you can ask my friends and family. Fakes are fakes. Real are real. Trust me you can tell when you have them on. Nothing is better lume wise and feel wise. The way they wind. A Rolex is just that a Rolex. I love and own them.
Old 2 September 2015, 03:37 PM   #15
occb2
Banned

Some reason the other post didn't post. There is no reason for you to feel ashamed of me about anything in 9/11. I lived it. I wore my 16610 that day and I cracked the crystal. I just wish I kept the crystal. That is how I got started with building a Rolex. I started thinking I would put the cracked crystal in it. My buddy is a Rolex watch maker and I got most of the parts on Ebay and he got me the rest. Got a beautiful 3135 he serviced it and changed the date wheel to white. It came from a date just. So it was a gold date wheel. That is a great watch. Thing is the serial number won't match the movement serial number. All real.

I was there for the crash/landing on the hudson. I was wearing my 16613. I wasn't ashamed then either.
Old 2 September 2015, 03:43 PM   #16
occb2
Banned

Some reason my answers are being edited?
Old 2 September 2015, 03:45 PM   #17
occb2
Banned

I keep saying that there is no reason to feel ashamed for me. I lived it. Bad memories but memories that I wouldn't trade for the world. I bring it up because it is true. Lots of witness. My whole squad. Bad day.
Old 2 September 2015, 03:54 PM   #18
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by occb2 View Post
Some reason my answers are being edited?
Nothing is being edited, some of your posts are delayed as you have a low post count. This is automatic, nothing personal. Having said that, your long, rambling posts and your frequent references to fakes are taking you very close to the edge. Might want to turn in for the night.
Old 2 September 2015, 04:02 PM   #19
occb2
Banned

Will do. Thanks. I just had to send Subking another apology Hunter is right!. Good night.
Old 2 September 2015, 05:20 PM   #20
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on mood.
Hi everyone building a whole watch from rolex original parts does it make it a fake? Curious.
Old 2 September 2015, 05:58 PM   #21
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Hi John,

I'm still trying to digest all the earlier posts.

I'll get back to you on your one.

Old 2 September 2015, 08:16 PM   #22
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeth View Post
Hi everyone building a whole watch from rolex original parts does it make it a fake? Curious.
Great question. I'm curious as well. How is assembling all the Rolex parts from scratch different than reassembling all the Rolex parts during a service?

I get that Rolex has manufacturing and assembly standards, but if the watchmaker is qualified to service Rolex, an all original Rolex parts DIY watch wouldn't really be a fake, would it?
Old 2 September 2015, 08:36 PM   #23
Xenophon
2024 Pledge Member

Glad it's all calmed down
Old 2 September 2015, 09:31 PM   #24
up2nogood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Jocke and I have built Omegas from parts, so why not?
My 1680 only has an original main plate and rotor in it now, thanks to Rolex. That ain't a fake.
Fake is Chinese rubbish that looks good 2 feet away.
Old 2 September 2015, 09:56 PM   #25
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Hi John,

I'm still trying to digest all the earlier posts.

I'll get back to you on your one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Great question. I'm curious as well. How is assembling all the Rolex parts from scratch different than reassembling all the Rolex parts during a service?

I get that Rolex has manufacturing and assembly standards, but if the watchmaker is qualified to service Rolex, an all original Rolex parts DIY watch wouldn't really be a fake, would it?
Thats what i thought... Maybe I am wrong??

Quote:
Originally Posted by up2nogood View Post
Jocke and I have built Omegas from parts, so why not?
My 1680 only has an original main plate and rotor in it now, thanks to Rolex. That ain't a fake.
Fake is Chinese rubbish that looks good 2 feet away.
You hit the nail in the head. I get the fact that the watch wasnt born that way, however, the watch itself has a value due to the real parts used to assemble it. Oh well.
Old 2 September 2015, 09:56 PM   #26
Bangel
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeth View Post
I guess it depends on who's doing the building? If Rolex does it, it's not fake. If someone else does it, do we consider it to be a "non factory" model?

It's a great question. Is a Rolex greater than the sum of its' parts??
Old 2 September 2015, 10:56 PM   #27
drifter01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5500 Air-King
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangel View Post
I guess it depends on who's doing the building? If Rolex does it, it's not fake. If someone else does it, do we consider it to be a "non factory" model?

It's a great question. Is a Rolex greater than the sum of its' parts??
Non factory, sure. Fake, no. Fake would be a watch with non Rolex parts wearing the Rolex name. If the parts are Rolex, regardless of who assembled it, it is not fake. Not original, not factory made, but not fake.
If I buy a rusted out Camero, remove the rusted parts and replace with gen Chevy parts, is it a fake Camero? Of course not! The samem with a Rolex. It might not be original, but it is genuine.

Dave
Ace of Clubs
"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 3 September 2015, 01:24 AM   #28
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
All I suggested to this member was I wouldn't buy parts from a replica forum when that's where he informed me he found one for less money. LV inserts are faked ALOT.

then I get responses with threats of hacking my financials and posting them publically and calling me names as well as saying I own nothing but fakes.

Then he further spoke about the fakes he owns and builds etc.. a really weird rant like what you see here in this thread.

This guy seems to know everything about me. maybe he hacked me already?!
Old 3 September 2015, 02:23 AM   #29
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
I'm confused.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
Old 3 September 2015, 04:05 AM   #30
Kringkily
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster, Rolex
what the heck is even going on here...
Closed Thread