The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 4 September 2015, 11:55 AM   #1
slicing
"TRF" Member

Datejust help please!!!

Hi,
I recently purchased a datejust from a reknown vendor online. The watch is brand new as the vendor claimed, it came with paper and stuffs. However, The cyclop seems a little off to me. I also tried to look for the etched crown at 6 o clock but couldn't. Can someone please take a look at this and give me a professional opinion, especially the cyclop since everything else seem legit. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (51.7 KB, 170 views)
slicing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2015, 06:43 PM   #2
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Get more pics but does not look great in that pic but really can't be sure with only one poor pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 September 2015, 08:58 PM   #3
hunterp27
Banned

Watch: WG 18039 Day/Date
Need more and better pictures to help you.
hunterp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2015, 09:02 PM   #4
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Can you show the paper, etc?
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2015, 10:48 PM   #5
slicing
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncollection View Post
Get more pics but does not look great in that pic but really can't be sure with only one poor pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What shot do you need?
Old 5 September 2015, 01:25 AM   #6
slicing
"TRF" Member

Correct for last post, as the vendor was not an AD, the watch only came with tags, and a warranty card from the vendor themselves, just FYI I purchased this one from Jomashop. Given their reputation, I suspect the watch might be authentic, but they might have tampered with the glass, and replaced it with a lesser quality.
Old 5 September 2015, 01:26 AM   #7
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicing View Post
Correct for last post, as the vendor was not an AD, the watch only came with tags, and a warranty card from the vendor themselves, just FYI I purchased this one from Jomashop. Given their reputation, I suspect the watch might be authentic, but they might have tampered with the glass, and replaced it with a lesser quality.

If you could easily see the etched crown then you would have something to really worry about.And why would they tamper with the crystal a sapphire crystal is just that a sapphire crystal no matter what the brand.The cyclops is just stuck on the crystal with a special UV glue. There have been reports that some were slightly lagging in magnification but if its was not for internet forums would doubt if 95% of the buying public would not have even noticed it..

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2015, 01:09 PM   #8
slicing
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
If you could easily see the etched crown then you would have something to really worry about.And why would they tamper with the crystal a sapphire crystal is just that a sapphire crystal no matter what the brand.The cyclops is just stuck on the crystal with a special UV glue. There have been reports that some were slightly lagging in magnification but if its was not for internet forums would doubt if 95% of the buying public would not have even noticed it..
So I went to Rolex NY today, and they confirmed my suspicion. The glass is NOT Rolex, and even the dial is not original, though they could not determine for sure if it isn't Rolex as they hadn't disassembled the watch. They require 2 business days for the rest of the watch to be authenticated (case, band, movement...etc.) I contacted Jomashop, and so far no response yet, might due to the fact that today is weekend. I'm going to wait for a few days for their response. But yes, they did do something with the crystal, AND the dial for that matter.