The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 19 March 2018, 09:15 AM   #121
goldfixer21
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
I agree but he just refuses to believe that a 41 year old dial doesn't look anything like that.
I don't think he wants to hear the truth about it, that the dial is whack.
goldfixer21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2018, 09:18 AM   #122
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfixer21 View Post
I don't think he wants to hear the truth about it, that the dial is whack.

Sorry, I see you edited your text.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2018, 09:26 AM   #123
Reddy_Kilowatt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16220 & 216570
aznav, I enjoyed the thread, and think you're not trying to fool us. I suspect you misunderstood the discussion on the dial authenticity.
Reddy_Kilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 01:38 AM   #124
goldfixer21

Quote:
Sorry, I see you edited your text.
Yes I did, my original response made no sense
Old 20 March 2018, 01:39 AM   #125
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Old 25 March 2018, 06:01 AM   #126
aznav
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex Ironman
Quote:
I agree but he just refuses to believe that a 41 year old dial doesn't look anything like that.
It's true. I refuse to believe.
-I refuse to believe it was a good move to help my sister sell the Rolex From Hell.
-I refuse to believe that I am not on the cutting edge of Rolex et. al.
-I refuse to believe the dial is fake even if it says, "Timex" in the tiny, tiny print at the bottom.
-I refuse to believe I spent this much time trying to convince this forum I'm not Joel Osteen.
-I refuse to believe I just won't let this thing rest.

Gotta run, Prince FlexFuel from Octaneia wants to buy it and actually give me a little more money for it than I asked. What a nice guy.
Old 25 March 2018, 06:03 AM   #127
aznav
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well, I see we finally agree on something.
Old 26 March 2018, 05:08 AM   #128
goldfixer21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznav View Post
Yeah, ok
Old 26 March 2018, 06:41 AM   #129
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznav View Post
Let me know when you agree with me!
Old 26 March 2018, 09:04 AM   #130
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Ok...I stumbled upon this thread. It has been interesting, but there has also been a lot of wasted time and effort.

1) The Rolex you have asked us about has been modified with aftermarket parts. That much is certain.

2) It is highly unlikely that anyone on this forum would buy that watch in the state that it is in. In fact you can't even post it for sale because it isn't 100% correct. Plus it's a ladies watch in rough shape. Not all Rolex are collectible or valuable. This is a clear example of this...even if it didn't have all that aftermarket #$#$%.

3) Putting in on EBAY will lead to more of this controversy and you will probably have to explain all of this to someone who won't understand and then you will have that mess on your hands.

4) The watch is gold. That has scrap value. The watch has diamonds. They have some value.

The cost to put the watch back to factory specification so you can sell it without hassle is just too high. You won't recoup your expenditure on the service.

Since your sister doesn't want the watch and just wants some money, then the best path is to sell the watch as scrap. There will be not be anymore drama. No more needing to reply to these threads, no more defending yourself and or others trying to figure out what is going on here.

Selling the watch for scrap will get your sister the cash and you out of the mess. Many places buy watches like these for scrap. Put your effort into finding who among those will give you the best deal rather than continue trying to make something worth more than it isn't through sweat equity and authentications by XXX people and jewelers.

That would be your BEST MOVE.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 09:15 AM   #131
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Ok...I stumbled upon this thread. It has been interesting, but there has also been a lot of wasted time and effort.

1) The Rolex you have asked us about has been modified with aftermarket parts. That much is certain.

2) It is highly unlikely that anyone on this forum would buy that watch in the state that it is in. In fact you can't even post it for sale because it isn't 100% correct. Plus it's a ladies watch in rough shape. Not all Rolex are collectible or valuable. This is a clear example of this...even if it didn't have all that aftermarket #$#$%.

3) Putting in on EBAY will lead to more of this controversy and you will probably have to explain all of this to someone who won't understand and then you will have that mess on your hands.

4) The watch is gold. That has scrap value. The watch has diamonds. They have some value.

The cost to put the watch back to factory specification so you can sell it without hassle is just too high. You won't recoup your expenditure on the service.

Since your sister doesn't want the watch and just wants some money, then the best path is to sell the watch as scrap. There will be not be anymore drama. No more needing to reply to these threads, no more defending yourself and or others trying to figure out what is going on here.

Selling the watch for scrap will get your sister the cash and you out of the mess. Many places buy watches like these for scrap. Put your effort into finding who among those will give you the best deal rather than continue trying to make something worth more than it isn't through sweat equity and authentications by XXX people and jewelers.

That would be your BEST MOVE.
Mostly correct.

Except, the watch can be sold on eBay as is, as long as the aftermarket parts are described in the sale. There quite a few modified watches sold every day with the non-OEM bits well described. eBay won't remove a watch accurately described.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 09:19 AM   #132
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Mostly correct.

Except, the watch can be sold on eBay as is, as long as the aftermarket parts are described in the sale. There quite a few modified watches sold every day with the non-OEM bits well described. eBay won't remove a watch accurately described.
Yeah, but there is the risk of the buyer not 100% understanding what they are buying and then more hassle. At this point the OP doesn't even fully understand what he is selling. The potential for further drama is above average in cases like these.

Scrap it and move on is my suggestion. Mission accomplished.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 10:06 AM   #133
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post

Scrap it and move on is my suggestion. Mission accomplished.
OP may decide to keep it based on just "scrap gold"
The watch is worth more sold as a Rolex, but clearly stated (and photographed) what are after market parts.

I am listing and selling such often - clearly stated both in general condition and description (and highlighted in red)
I have never had a complaint

A
Old 26 March 2018, 10:06 AM   #134
aznav
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Let me know when you agree with me!