The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 12 March 2018, 05:11 PM   #31
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

It sounds like the OP was not aware of the "50" designation for a vintage Jubilee GMT band until recently and likely did not mention it at the time of purchase... hard to ask for something if you don't know it exists... it doesn't sound like the seller mislead him if all he asked for was a bracelet that fits his GMT (which is likely what he asked for)...
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 05:29 PM   #32
Rogdogg
"TRF" Member

In my opinion OP has stated that the seller lied so he needs to show proof of these lies or publicly apologise to seller for stating it, if in fact he didn't lie. If any future people researching the seller see this they should get the full story. I do not think it can just be left with that statement.
Old 12 March 2018, 05:52 PM   #33
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Five months, seven months...That is an awfully long time to raise and issue. I'm sorry for your troubles but firstly, it seems the op himself did not know what to ask for, then the seller seems to have given him to the best of his ability what the op asked for.

The icing on the cake is he took it to get sized and has enjoyed it happily for not 1, or 2, or 3 or 4 but over five months until somehow he came across info on the bracelet. What exactly do you want the seller to do, give you money back, exchange it....I'm seriously confused. This isn't a case of a trusted seller cheating, misleading, providing horrible service.

I'm not even sure what this is. Op, honestly, this starts with you...
It's like asking a barber to cut your hair and just saying trim some off the top and fade the sides.
Then complain after he's done that it's too short and that he faded it to high up. What do you want now, to return the hair, give you a free a haircut because you gave a vague description and he followed it....

When I call my TS for a new watch I ask exactly for what I want, a random serial, unworn or don't care, all papers, bezel protector, Mk X dial, shiny or brushed inside clasp, all stickers, name on warranty or not, bought nationally or abroad...even if it says it in the add, I confirm...
When ever I've bought an item I usually know waaaay more than the sales man and this is particularly true when it comes to cars. Our TSs are great and knowledgeable but they aren't watch savants, they sell what you ask for and when you touch it, you inspect it and accept or return. Two days is the standard, three possible a week, generous on a vintage piece....over five months is....... I'm lost. You clearly say in your op, "it's my fault", well there you have it.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 08:43 PM   #34
ajg223
"TRF" Member

You're right it was handled poorly by me. Does not change the fact that I feel it's important to warn people about dealing with you.

The two lies are that we never spoke on the phone (not really important)and I did not ask for a jubilee that"would fit" I asked for a jubilee for a gmt. Yes, it was my fault for not being better educated. Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ajg223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 08:47 PM   #35
MonBK
Banned

I think you owe Nick an apology.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 08:57 PM   #36
ajg223
"TRF" Member

An apology? I guess so. Nick I apologize for being uneducated and taking you at your word. Thank you for teaching me an important lesson. I wish you nothing but the best.

I also apologize to the forum members I have wasted the time of. I will slink back into the lurkers section.

Old 12 March 2018, 09:04 PM   #37
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajg223 View Post
An apology? I guess so. Nick I apologize for being uneducated and taking you at your word. Thank you for teaching me an important lesson. I wish you nothing but the best.

I also apologize to the forum members I have wasted the time of. I will slink back into the lurkers section.

His word is gold.

Trusted sellers livelihoods are all based on reputation and Greekbum/Nikos is solid.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 09:06 PM   #38
MonBK
Banned

Quote:

Good idea!
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 09:42 PM   #39
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My problem is that I didn't know it was wrong until very recently. It's been 5 months since I purchased it. I am hesitant to out the seller as he is thought very highly of and I'm just a guy who reads the forum for fun. I just want to make sure that people don't trust the name and think they are safe. I am pretty sure he isn't planning on doing the right thing. I have had the emails go unanswered.
well someone got a refund on a watch they wore for a year from one of the TS here. Turns out it was the wrong watch... seriously. That happened.

Not that i think you entitled to it. TS will fix a mistake on their end... this was not a TS mistake.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 11:07 PM   #40
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashid.bk View Post
five months, seven months...that is an awfully long time to raise and issue. I'm sorry for your troubles but firstly, it seems the op himself did not know what to ask for, then the seller seems to have given him to the best of his ability what the op asked for.

The icing on the cake is he took it to get sized and has enjoyed it happily for not 1, or 2, or 3 or 4 but over five months until somehow he came across info on the bracelet. What exactly do you want the seller to do, give you money back, exchange it....i'm seriously confused. This isn't a case of a trusted seller cheating, misleading, providing horrible service.

I'm not even sure what this is. Op, honestly, this starts with you...
It's like asking a barber to cut your hair and just saying trim some off the top and fade the sides.
Then complain after he's done that it's too short and that he faded it to high up. What do you want now, to return the hair, give you a free a haircut because you gave a vague description and he followed it....

When i call my ts for a new watch i ask exactly for what i want, a random serial, unworn or don't care, all papers, bezel protector, mk x dial, shiny or brushed inside clasp, all stickers, name on warranty or not, bought nationally or abroad...even if it says it in the add, i confirm...
When ever i've bought an item i usually know waaaay more than the sales man and this is particularly true when it comes to cars. Our tss are great and knowledgeable but they aren't watch savants, they sell what you ask for and when you touch it, you inspect it and accept or return. Two days is the standard, three possible a week, generous on a vintage piece....over five months is....... I'm lost. You clearly say in your op, "it's my fault", well there you have it.
+ 1
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 11:08 PM   #41
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Good idea!
Doubleplus 1
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 11:21 PM   #42
TempoKing
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
I have done business with NIck (Greek Bum - I hate this handle)
ALWAYS I got what we agreed...and always sold him the right items
Now about the jubilee bracelet....I have sold 20 of them with the correct end links
But ...Only one buyer asked for a “50” stamped bracelet which is harder to get
I had it in stock and sold him what he asked for....now the rest of the story here
Should not been posted ...because there is no relevance
TempoKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 11:53 PM   #43
77T

Don't put blind trust in the "trusted sellers"

I have done multiple deals with Nick (greekbum) some remotely and met him face to face down in Tampa Bay Area for others. Always 100% perfect and worked each deal like I would expect.

He always stands up here on the forum to share vintage knowledge that you don’t see from many other trusted sellers. That comes from a love of the hobby.

IMHO - the best and honorable result would be if OP contacted Mods to remove this thread.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 12:11 AM   #44
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I have done multiple deals with Nick (greekbum) some remotely and met him face to face down in Tampa Bay Area for others. Always 100% perfect and worked each deal like I would expect.

He always stands up here on the forum to share vintage knowledge that you don’t see from many other trusted sellers. That comes from a love of the hobby.

IMHO - the best and honorable result would be if OP contacted Mods to remove this thread.

I agree with this because the actual reason for posting this is to trash the seller, acknowledging that a refund is out of the picture and the fact that the OP sized and used the product for almost half a year.

Apology first, IMO, and then put this thread to bed.

Old 13 March 2018, 12:20 AM   #45
77T

Quote:
I agree with this because the actual reason for posting this is to trash the seller, acknowledging that a refund is out of the picture and the fact that the OP sized and used the product for almost half a year.

Apology first, IMO, and then put this thread to bed.

Well OP did give a snarky half-hearted apology...see part of it below. If you mean delete the thread, I concur. If you meant only to close it, I disagree.

Quote:

Closing this thread and leaving it here is like an abandoned land mine to Nick’s reputation. If not deleted completely, then it needs to stay open long enough for the hundreds of positive props from trusted members, buyers and sellers to post their 100% positive experiences. That way some future buyer searching on Nick’s TRF ID will get a completely balanced viewpoint.

I applaud Nick’s patience to fully research and respond with a vigorous but measured approach.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 12:40 AM   #46
ajg223
"TRF" Member

I have asked the mods to delete the thread.

Old 13 March 2018, 02:17 AM   #47
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Even though it had nothing to do with a part request, I did do a Niko deal years ago and it went well.

He has since ignored me but I would still have baklava and coffee with him.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 03:29 AM   #48
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Well OP did give a snarky half-hearted apology...see part of it below. If you mean delete the thread, I concur. If you meant only to close it, I disagree.

Closing this thread and leaving it here is like an abandoned land mine to Nick’s reputation. If not deleted completely, then it needs to stay open long enough for the hundreds of positive props from trusted members, buyers and sellers to post their 100% positive experiences. That way some future buyer searching on Nick’s TRF ID will get a completely balanced viewpoint.

I applaud Nick’s patience to fully research and respond with a vigorous but measured approach.

This makes sense to me. I’m still relatively new so I was unaware of the difference between closing and deleting. I agree with many that the trusted sellers live and die by their reputations. I bought from DavidSW with complete trust based on his stellar references here. It would be unfair to this seller for this to live on in searches.

And yes, the OP made a non-apology apology, which I discounted because it was snarky and didn’t seem sincere.

Old 13 March 2018, 04:31 AM   #49
goldfixer21

Quote:
My problem is that I didn't know it was wrong until very recently. It's been 5 months since I purchased it. I am hesitant to out the seller as he is thought very highly of and I'm just a guy who reads the forum for fun. I just want to make sure that people don't trust the name and think they are safe. I am pretty sure he isn't planning on doing the right thing. I have had the emails go unanswered.
I'm not a math wizard, but a purchase made in August of 2017 has been longer than 5 months ago
goldfixer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 05:26 AM   #50
run23
"TRF" Member

For what it’s worth (probably not much), this thread has given me more confidence that Greekbum is an upright seller based on his responses here and what I understand of the situation.
run23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 06:54 AM   #51
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
You're right it was handled poorly by me. Does not change the fact that I feel it's important to warn people about dealing with you.

The two lies are that we never spoke on the phone (not really important)and I did not ask for a jubilee that"would fit" I asked for a jubilee for a gmt. Yes, it was my fault for not being better educated. Lesson learned.

I think this thread has really warned us here who not to deal with. And it is NOT the seller of the bracelet.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 07:21 AM   #52
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
I think this thread has really warned us here who not to deal with. And it is NOT the seller of the bracelet.
schnipples24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 07:43 AM   #53
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Really. Maybe office is really slow today. Give the guy a break. He has apologized and ask moderator to delete.

Last edited by Rrpdc; 13 March 2018 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: Typo
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 08:35 AM   #54
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
I've known Greekbum (Nick) for many years, I've met him in person, I speak with him quite often, had dinner with him a few times, shared parts and stories with him at watch shows, purchased a watch or two from him, etc etc, and for those reading this thread in the future, feel free to contact him for any of your Rolex needs. He is an honorable forum member and someone I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

Now, with that said, a while ago I put a thread together regarding GMT and Datejust Jubilee brackets and end links. (There is also info in the thread regarding Oyster bracelets as well.) I would recommend that anyone purchasing a Jubilee or Oyster bracelet take a look at this thread linked below. It covers both the vintage USA Jubilees, the Swiss 6251 Jubilee and the modern 62510 Jubilee as well as some of the Oyster bracelets. There is a lot of misinformation out there regarding Jubilee bracelets - a good example would be the guys selling Swiss 6251 Jubilee bracelets with 55 end links and claiming they fit a vintage GMT. The GMT used 50 end links with the Swiss 6251 - not 55 end links. The reason the GMT 6251s are hard to find is because they are not very plentiful - unlike the Datejust or other 20mm lug models that utilized the 6251 with 55 end links. Another difference that exacerbates the problem identifying the 6251 Jubilee for GMTs is the fact they are not stamped with a "50" on the last link unlike the later GMT 62510 Jubilee that does- but, the 6251 does have a 50 stamping on the right ear of the end links.

https://rolexvintageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=139

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 12:22 PM   #55
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrpdc View Post
Really. Maybe office is really slow today. Give the guy a break. He has apologized and ask moderator to delete.
Really? Didn't read like a sincere, unconditional apology to me either.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 12:30 PM   #56
PLNYC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
I've known Greekbum (Nick) for many years, I've met him in person, I speak with him quite often, had dinner with him a few times, shared parts and stories with him at watch shows, purchased a watch or two from him, etc etc, and for those reading this thread in the future, feel free to contact him for any of your Rolex needs. He is an honorable forum member and someone I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

Now, with that said, a while ago I put a thread together regarding GMT and Datejust Jubilee brackets and end links. (There is also info in the thread regarding Oyster bracelets as well.) I would recommend that anyone purchasing a Jubilee or Oyster bracelet take a look at this thread linked below. It covers both the vintage USA Jubilees, the Swiss 6251 Jubilee and the modern 62510 Jubilee as well as some of the Oyster bracelets. There is a lot of misinformation out there regarding Jubilee bracelets - a good example would be the guys selling Swiss 6251 Jubilee bracelets with 55 end links and claiming they fit a vintage GMT. The GMT used 50 end links with the Swiss 6251 - not 55 end links. The reason the GMT 6251s are hard to find is because they are not very plentiful - unlike the Datejust or other 20mm lug models that utilized the 6251 with 55 end links. Another difference that exacerbates the problem identifying the 6251 Jubilee for GMTs is the fact they are not stamped with a "50" on the last link unlike the later GMT 62510 Jubilee that does- but, the 6251 does have a 50 stamping on the right ear of the end links.

https://rolexvintageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=139
Thanks for that thread! It was very informative since I’m in the market for a jubilee
Old 14 March 2018, 06:36 PM   #57
BigBlue1

Watch: it pal !
Absolutely Pathetic. Disgusting. Unreal and Unfounded.

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
BigBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2018, 03:13 AM   #58
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
OP -- why not disclose when in your sale ad??
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 03:59 PM   #59
grnbean
2024 Pledge Member

Just wanted to add that I've dealt with Nick (greekbum) a few years ago and have nothing but positive things to say about him. I would happily do another deal with him.
grnbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2018, 12:02 AM   #60
Flyinghunter
"TRF" Member

After reading thru this thread, it would appear the Trusted Seller, is indeed, a Trusted Seller.
Flyinghunter is offline   Reply With Quote