The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 15 April 2022, 06:00 PM   #1
boostafazoom
"TRF" Member

Is it possible to get on a waitlist for 50th anniversary Snoopy with no history?

Hi all,

Have been a big fan of this release for a while, but I do not have a purchase history with Omega.

1. Is it all possible to walk into a boutique and ask to be put on a waitlist? I do not mind waiting for a long time.

2. If not, what exactly do you need to do in order to be considered? I'd imagine it varies boutique to boutique, but how much would you need to typically purchase?

Thank you!
boostafazoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 06:29 PM   #2
huydoan
"TRF" Member

Watch: pp and only pp
nope.
i wait for more than a year ...
huydoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 06:50 PM   #3
boostafazoom
"TRF" Member

Ah, unfortunate. I guess there's nothing I can do then
boostafazoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 07:38 PM   #4
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostafazoom View Post
Hi all,

Have been a big fan of this release for a while, but I do not have a purchase history with Omega.

1. Is it all possible to walk into a boutique and ask to be put on a waitlist? I do not mind waiting for a long time.

2. If not, what exactly do you need to do in order to be considered? I'd imagine it varies boutique to boutique, but how much would you need to typically purchase?

Thank you!
Pay in full, offer persuasive evidence indicating you normally purchase and keep rather than flip for profit, and see what happens.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 08:53 PM   #5
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Here in Singapore I was told $40-60K to get on the Snoopy list.
ButtButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 08:56 PM   #6
BendyBee
"TRF" Member

Buy a few gold ones and you are in.
BendyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2022, 01:12 AM   #7
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
In the US, you've pretty much already missed the boat for this to get at retail with no spend.

If you want to be considered for one, you would need to become a big time spender in a very short amount of time. If you're going to go this route then it might be easier to just pay GM price.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 10:32 AM   #8
Frank Mucus
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJII Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
In the US, you've pretty much already missed the boat for this to get at retail with no spend.

If you want to be considered for one, you would need to become a big time spender in a very short amount of time. If you're going to go this route then it might be easier to just pay GM price.

It's better to spend more in that case because at least you'd have something else instead of paying grey market price where all that extra cash just goes to one watch
Frank Mucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 11:00 AM   #9
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I’d say no
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 11:53 AM   #10
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Mucus View Post
It's better to spend more in that case because at least you'd have something else instead of paying grey market price where all that extra cash just goes to one watch
But do you really want to spend $100k+ at an Omega Boutique? If there's a bunch of gold watches you like then go ahead. I'd rather just spend the $30k at a GM save the other $70k for other stuff.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 01:57 PM   #11
watchik
"TRF" Member

Not a chance. Impossible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
watchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 04:15 AM   #12
djtheot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT IIC
Just picked mine up after a 3 year wait. My request went in on the first day. So basically they have not fulfilled those who signed up first day registrations at the OB yet.
djtheot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 11:43 AM   #13
Sauzo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Snoopy
Go grey at this moment if you want one. I’ve seen some for around 16k. Like others have said, with no spend history, not going to happen. I have a decent spend history and got my Speedy 321 after about 6 months. They told me I should see my Snoopy by end of the year but they can’t promise that. All they promise is I will see one.
Sauzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 04:21 AM   #14
gamingdoctor
"TRF" Member

You can get BNIB for not much more at grey.
gamingdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 04:51 AM   #15
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
I don’t think so. I’m waiting for my around 11 months right now and I don’t believe that I will get one because I only bought one Seamaster 300.
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 11:49 AM   #16
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

I just bought a second hand one. Down over 50% from the top. I think a pretty good value now.

You will wait for ever, and probably discontinued soon as the 55th anniversary will be here before you know it.
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 04:18 PM   #17
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Grey seems like a reasonable markup, seen them between the 15-16k range. To answer your question without a purchase history, I don't think they are obtainable. In terms of what's required, you'll need at least a direct purchase from that respective boutique to be even considered.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2023, 01:18 AM   #18
Bigsoftee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite DD40
I just purchased Grey, $15k. Very happy as that case back…… down side is I don’t pick up for a week due to my logistics. Well worth the wait though. New date unworn.
Bigsoftee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2023, 03:13 AM   #19
iten
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtButt View Post
Here in Singapore I was told $40-60K to get on the Snoopy list.
SGD or USD?
iten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2023, 03:54 AM   #20
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsoftee View Post
I just purchased Grey, $15k. Very happy as that case back…… down side is I don’t pick up for a week due to my logistics. Well worth the wait though. New date unworn.
Wow! Prices have really dropped. Congrats!
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2023, 05:38 AM   #21
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas
My most local boutique politely told me that with no purchase history at their location, I would not be considered. I just went grey from a trusted trf seller (should have in a couple of days), and considering the tax I would have had to pay (8%) at boutique, it wasn't too bad above msrp. The first watch I've ever paid above msrp, but I think will be worth it from enjoyment and possibly investment as I don't see Omega making too many more of these with 55th anniversary right around the corner. Definitely my favorite Snoopy and should compliment my Apollo 8 50th nicely. I think now may be the best time to pick one up for a decent price, as I've noticed Omega released quite a few before end of year.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
jbsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2023, 10:06 PM   #22
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2023, 10:17 PM   #23
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmith View Post
My most local boutique politely told me that with no purchase history at their location, I would not be considered. I just went grey from a trusted trf seller (should have in a couple of days), and considering the tax I would have had to pay (8%) at boutique, it wasn't too bad above msrp. The first watch I've ever paid above msrp, but I think will be worth it from enjoyment and possibly investment as I don't see Omega making too many more of these with 55th anniversary right around the corner. Definitely my favorite Snoopy and should compliment my Apollo 8 50th nicely. I think now may be the best time to pick one up for a decent price, as I've noticed Omega released quite a few before end of year.

I thought MSRP was 10-12k and they go for 18-20k BNIB.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2023, 10:48 PM   #24
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsoftee View Post
Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Wow! Prices have really dropped. Congrats!
Indeed they have
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2023, 12:32 AM   #25
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
I thought MSRP was 10-12k and they go for 18-20k BNIB.
Msrp in US appears to be 10.6k per Omega website. Using 8% tax takes it to ~11.5k. Trusted sellers are currently asking around 17k. Selling around 16k bnib complete from US boutique. Appears Omega released a batch recently and they fell in the hands of flippers causing this recent reduction. May be a sign that this one is going away soon with the 55th anniversary right around the corner? I'm just speculating that part though. In summary, I was willing to pay 4.5k over, but it still hurt as I've never paid over msrp on any watch. I simply don't have a relationship with Omega as I do with Rolex.

jbsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2023, 12:49 AM   #26
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Sounds reasonable to be honest.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2023, 01:29 AM   #27
time_and_cars
"TRF" Member

You should get one from a grey or preowned prices are very very low … remember maybe the snoopy will end production in 2024 so prices will skyrocketed at least some grands from what you can pay today ….. for me pay $16k or $18k for that waych today do not sound to crazy considering what it is …… imo my two cents
Rolex Daytona 126500LN/Rolex 126710BLRO/Rolex 126720VTNR/Rolex 126710BLNR/Rolex Oyster 126000/Breitling B01 CHRONOGRAPH 43 CURTISS WARHAWK/Omega“SILVER SNOOPY AWARD” 50TH ANNIVERSARY/Some Swatch x omega x blancpain
time_and_cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2023, 04:19 PM   #28
Sauzo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Snoopy
I agree. If you really want one, you are probably late to the OB party unless you pick up some heavy hitters to get you bumped up the list. Just go grey before they announce the end of the run and prices go crazy. I’ve been seeing them anywhere from mid/high 16k to 18k. But I will say, it does feel pretty good getting a watch from the OB that you get to peel all the stickers off yourself and get your dirty DNA all over lol.
Sauzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 06:21 PM   #29
Spartan2009
"TRF" Member

I got on the Snoopy waitlist about 6 months ago along with the 321. No spend history. I was fortunate to walk in and talk with the boutique director without knowing it. Tried on a few pieces as we were discussing my collection and philosophy around watch collecting. I am guessing that the Journe on my wrist had a big part to play in it.
Spartan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2023, 09:54 AM   #30
eskiserkan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Omega Boutique in my country throwing lies as they never see/receive any 321 or Snoopy until now (but they keep waiting from the factory). However, they make backdoor delivery to the grey dealers from the boutique at the airport. What a business…
eskiserkan is offline   Reply With Quote