The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 2 November 2017, 02:02 AM   #31
bravetony
"TRF" Member

From the looks of it, Rubber B is the better looking watch compared to Everest
bravetony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2017, 02:42 AM   #32
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

I tired the Everest this year and was really happy with it. In fact it looks exactly like yours. I'd never heard of Rubber B so I just bought the Everest.

I can't comment on the comfort of the Rubber B in comparison but I find the Everest to be perfectly comfortable.

But thanks for he info. If this one ever breaks or cracks, I'll certainly look at the Rubber B choices.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r3-XL.jpg (113.4 KB, 272 views)
Blansky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2018, 01:45 AM   #33
dunkin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
i'm thinking about getting the rubberB for my 116610LN. i imagine a black strap on a watch with a black bezel and black dial might look a trifle too dull. it's a bummer they don't make the black vulchrome version with a white stripe to match the markings on the bezel and dial - that would have been perfect. anyway, so i'm therefore thinking about the white strap.

i get my hands fairly dirty on a daily basis - just the nature of my work. i handle tools, stuff with oils/grease, dirt; the full shebang. the questions i have are:

- will the white strap get dirty in a non-reversible way?

- is it easy to scratch? i'm worried about micro scratches retaining dirt - that would look really awful on a white strap.

- okay, this may seem like a dumb question but i have to think about things like this where i live and so i need to get this out of the way. please bear with me :). if i get the tang buckle version, is there a great risk of dropping the watch while wearing it? i mean, if you think about the mechanics of wearing it, the tang buckle version is "OPEN"; versus, say, the glidelock clasp which makes the strap a "CLOSED" loop, and we just need to close the clasp to tighten the strap around the wrist. in the tang version, we would need to tilt the buckle, insert the other end of the strap into this buckle, pull it tight and insert the pin into the correct hole. we have stone floors (so if it drops, it's not going to be a happy watch) and the weather gets to 115 degrees F (45 deg. C) with 85% humidity on a regular basis. so there's a lot of sweat and i have to think about the possibility of fingers slipping on a rubber strap while going through the process described above.

you might say i could just use the clasp and not worry about all this, but i'd like to have two "independent" assemblies so in case i need to switch to the bracelet for a night on the town, i don't have to switch two things (strap and clasp).

wow, this got longer than i intended :)

any thoughts? especially from people who have the white tang?
dunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 08:29 AM   #34
JohnnyRol
"TRF" Member

Where do you get the buckle for Rubber B since they say it doesn’t come with it?
JohnnyRol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2018, 06:52 PM   #35
dunkin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRol View Post
Where do you get the buckle for Rubber B since they say it doesn’t come with it?
They have a version with Tang buckle. The clasp version doesn't come with the clasp. You have to use the original from your Oyster bracelet or get an after market one.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk
dunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 07:40 AM   #36
Wedders
"TRF" Member

I have a 16613 “Bluesy” and have a predicament RB only do a lightship blue with a tang buckle but Everest do a darker blue which would suit the watch well. Which do I buy?
Wedders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 07:43 AM   #37
rudestew
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD SD43 Mk1 50TH
Iv a black and black n blue for dssd and been waiting for the SD43 rubber to come out , do prefer the tang type looks sweet on your GMT
rudestew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 09:19 AM   #38
Wedders
"TRF" Member

I don’t think a clasp is right with a rubber strap in my opinion it should be a buckle.
Wedders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2018, 01:28 AM   #39
SeanotheDead
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkin View Post
They have a version with Tang buckle. The clasp version doesn't come with the clasp. You have to use the original from your Oyster bracelet or get an after market one.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Do you have to buy the buckle separately? It appears for that version is says on the website, “no watch or buckle included.” Anyone who bought the Tang buckle version can you confirm if yours came with buckle or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SeanotheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 09:21 AM   #40
Irydium
"TRF" Member

Good thread, lots of great info for prospective rubber strap buyers

I just want to confirm that for smaller wrists (6.5") the better strap is the RubberB, due to the way it better contours to a smaller wrist where as the Everest 'flares' out more before wrapping around ?

Some posters say there's less tail for the RubberB even though the Everest and RubberB have the same lengths? (both 80/120mm)

Also, there seems to be more holes on the Everest Strap, does it size just as small as the RubberB, which on their website say they can go down to as small as 5.5"?

Many thanks!
Irydium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 10:20 AM   #41
sickened1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ugiveiswatchuget
Love the Rubber B on Tudor Black Bay. Very comfortable!

Mine has the deployant clasp on it.

sickened1 is online now   Reply With Quote