The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 October 2017, 12:30 AM   #31
tonupbklyn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
I have seen a few sold around $15000 on the forum. One white face sold at $14500. They used to sell around $17000.
me too...thus why i asked the question.
however, if i recall, these were pre-owned...still, i think worth it to get it down few thousand.
tonupbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2017, 02:33 AM   #32
richard371
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN White
Yup pre owned about 15 and new all stickered up about 18. There are always a few exceptions but this seems about the norm and even going up esp if new.
richard371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2017, 03:09 AM   #33
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
This is based on Rolex saying they have stopped production until next year. I don't think prices will come down then, think they will just stabilise if Rolex resume normal production as greys will be very reluctant to lower prices now they have gotten so used to raising them. Rolex will have to increase supply markedly to force downwards pressure on this raging bull market now and I can't see or indeed imagine that happening any more... but then I do live in the forsaken UK.
And why would Rolex stop production until next year if their sales were good. I think their dealers have inventory and the over all watch market, save and except, a few popular pieces is extremely soft, even for Rolex. Stopping production in their view will help move the dealer inventories.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2017, 04:42 AM   #34
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard371 View Post
Yup pre owned about 15 and new all stickered up about 18. There are always a few exceptions but this seems about the norm and even going up esp if new.
3G drop... another reason not to buy the watch from Grey market.
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2017, 04:59 AM   #35
karmatp
"TRF" Member

I think the market is going to drop even more soon, just like the economy. We are headed for a downturn for sure, be patient and don't pay the ridiculous prices people seem to be asking on the forums. What people are paying for 5 digit watches that are worth $4000 max is just silly.
Old 11 October 2017, 05:40 AM   #36
Rocco21
Banned

Watch: 126660,126600
I see 16-18k lately So seems to be remaining steady.
Rocco21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2017, 07:50 AM   #37
richard371
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN White
Something is worth what people are willing to pay for it. Look at vintage Daytona’s. They are only worth a few hundred bucks if you look at it that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatp View Post
I think the market is going to drop even more soon, just like the economy. We are headed for a downturn for sure, be patient and don't pay the ridiculous prices people seem to be asking on the forums. What people are paying for 5 digit watches that are worth $4000 max is just silly.
richard371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2017, 08:18 AM   #38
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
And why would Rolex stop production until next year if their sales were good. I think their dealers have inventory and the over all watch market, save and except, a few popular pieces is extremely soft, even for Rolex. Stopping production in their view will help move the dealer inventories.
They claim they have sold out of all stock due to a bumper year; I don't really buy this as this issue was even occurring last year in the UK and other countries. They don't really care about AD inventory as they have been paid up front so it's the AD's problem. They could and should simply reroute production to the more popular models which is what ADs, customers and their dogs are all crying out for... but Rolex have probably had a factory explosion or two and we have this cover story and disco-ing the Hulk etc put out while they furiously rebuild.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2017, 03:00 AM   #39
Rikk
"TRF" Member

Ok, high is more valuable, the white face stainless or the black face stainless?

Was quoted 17k for a black face yesterday.

Then the question which I’m totally stupid to is the lenses, the movement and the vintage.

Which years at worth and which years are not?
Rikk is offline   Reply With Quote