The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 4 September 2015, 10:15 PM   #31
blah114
Banned

Watch: iPhone
I still love the watch, but I must now take it in for service.. the date window doesn't always move when manually setting. naturally, it advances when I advance the time. It's not manually moving about 1/2 the time. What that means is the watch keeps great time, the date DOES move naturally.. but when left unwound for say 5 days.. and I attempt to set the date, sometimes the date sets.. other times it does not.. it will move each time, but during failures, it moves, then abruptly stops midway..

So, I may as well get it serviced. I love the watch, but in talking to the dealer, I might just trade it for another pam watch.. I am fearing the problems will continue. Date windows can be funky with any timepiece.
blah114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2015, 07:06 AM   #32
wagoneer
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41
The PAM 88 was my first as well, great piece. I completely agree with your original statement how everyone seems to warn you against Panerai... And that's their opinion and preference. My opinion, I enjoy Panerai very much. Just picked up a 389 submersible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wagoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2015, 10:55 AM   #33
blah114
Banned

update.. here's what I found about the movement.. it's fine.. from another board:

"Regarding calendar issue, it happens same in mine. I though it was a failure, but realiseed it only happens when you try to change date between 9:00pm and 3:00 am, other manufacturersr advise not to do that during this time, however I couldn´t find any warning about this in user manual.

In that case move regular hour hand to 4:00 am, date will change, then put right date, and set correct time."
Old 22 October 2017, 05:53 AM   #34
blah114
Banned

I just wore the PAM 88 today after it sat for a few months. I really love this watch. I just thought I’d update people . I’m glad I bought it, to this day. Unfortunately, it sits because I wear my deep blue all the time, but it was a nice change today to wear the Pam 88... I love valjoux movement because it vibrates on the wrist at times throughout the day. I also find the dial completely legible. To this day, I’ve never, not once, used the black rubber strap. I wonder how that would feel. I might try it.