The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 7 January 2017, 10:46 AM   #1
Tbonewalk
"TRF" Member

Sharp lugs on vintage Rolex?

When I got into this odyssey not very long ago, in fact not even a year ago, March, 2016... I got a 14060 Sub. And I noticed the lugs were kind of sharp to the touch. The bracelet is great, not badly stretched, but maybe the end links kind of exaggerate or exacerbate the sharpness.

I just got a 1601 Datejust, and the Jubilee is stretched to the max, and this watch seems to be the sharpest to the touch, in fact it sometimes snags nearby fabric like a shirt or warmup pants. I think the stretched out jubilee- which still sits nicely on the wrist, may also add to the sharpness, because it is so loose and there is alot of exposed space by the lugs.

I also wonder if perhaps it may have been serviced along the way, perhaps over-polished to where it may have sharpened the lugs.

Any comments and opinions- other than "you're out of your mind, don't you have anything better to do"- would be welcomed on this most important matter lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Desert Sand.jpg (87.7 KB, 210 views)
File Type: jpg wrist shot.jpg (66.8 KB, 209 views)
Tbonewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2017, 11:43 AM   #2
MorningTundra
"TRF" Member

Sharp lugs on vintage Rolex?

On your sub I see the spring bar protruding from the 7 o'clock lug. Do you have the correct spring bars? The wrong ones can mess up the fit of the end links. Do you have the correct end links for this ref?

To my untrained eye the case looks polished but not horribly so. If you can get the bracelet to fit comfortably I'd wear the heck out of it!

Sent from my cracked, broken, hand wound Phone
MorningTundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2017, 11:57 AM   #3
Tbonewalk
"TRF" Member

it looks that way, but the bar is not sticking out, and now it's on the oyster...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Patina.jpg (87.5 KB, 189 views)
Tbonewalk is offline   Reply With Quote