The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 29 June 2017, 03:29 PM   #61
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Maybe he got another new phone

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 June 2017, 05:24 PM   #62
Doood
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Maybe he got another new phone
Well played....
Doood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 10:19 PM   #63
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 1601,
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauffee View Post
To be on here for 3000 posts and then to describe that watch as "excellent" condition with "very little noticeable wear" is just completely dishonest. Anyone that active on this forum knows that watch has a lot of wear, so he was deliberately trying to mislead.

Hopefully you get a refund. But like others said, if not, I wouldn't consider it a total loss. Sending it to RSC or a good independent should bring it back to like-new.
This!
Fjweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2017, 02:28 AM   #64
usrudiver932
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
It's the white background that reflects in the metal it picks it up and hides thle marks. If you really look you can see quite a few but as you say less noticeable. Look at 7 o'clock on the post above on the bezel. Light normal wear if u work in a mine
usrudiver932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2017, 07:29 AM   #65
mastermixer
"TRF" Member

To the OP.

I agree with a few other posters here, it looks like the lighting was a lot softer in the original listing. But no excuse for the seller to go MIA after selling.

If you can't get a resolution with the seller, if you want to get the watch to me in Los Angeles, I can take care of a complimentary polish for you.
Old 30 June 2017, 07:53 AM   #66
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

What an incredibly generous offer thank you. I'm going to give it another week or so to see if he responds, and if not then I'll be taking you up on that offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
To the OP.

I agree with a few other posters here, it looks like the lighting was a lot softer in the original listing. But no excuse for the seller to go MIA after selling.

If you can't get a resolution with the seller, if you want to get the watch to me in Los Angeles, I can take care of a complimentary polish for you.
schnipples24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2017, 08:34 AM   #67
ny_yeti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
To the OP.

That is very generous of you. Well done sir, well done!
ny_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2017, 08:52 AM   #68
JayB
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP, DJ, NF
Quote:
I can take care of a complimentary polish for you.
Fair play, always nice to be reminded there are some really good people on this forum

Rolex Explorer -- Rolex Datejust -- Tudor North Flag -- Omega De Ville Trésor -- Tudor Black Bay GMT -- Omega Speedmaster Professional -- Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2017, 01:28 PM   #69
mastermixer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnipples24 View Post
What an incredibly generous offer thank you. I'm going to give it another week or so to see if he responds, and if not then I'll be taking you up on that offer.

I've been on this forum for a long time and members are always helping each-other out.

I hope it works out for you, but feel free to PM anytime.
Old 30 June 2017, 01:33 PM   #70
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

The seller is a longstanding member of the forum. I find it hard to believe that he would intentionally deceive another member, however, I don't doubt what the OP is saying and based on the pictures, I agree that the watch was misrepresented.

I do think it's odd that the seller went MIA. It looks like he hasn't signed on for about a week. If he is not responding to calls/texts, maybe something happened. I think it's fair to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I hope everything gets resolved.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2017, 02:10 PM   #71
Micf3e
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT 16750 Matte
Hope all works out the seller need to make it right.

I sold a forum member a Sea Dweller, when it arrived the gentlemen noticed a small dent in the crown. He didn't ask for anything but I offered and sent him enough to cover the replacement. I did not notice the dent and felt is just the right thing to do...
Micf3e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2017, 05:22 PM   #72
tig00s1783
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116710BLNR
Man i hope you get your money back because thats a pretty beat up watch. He did a great job hiding the scratches in the pics.
tig00s1783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2017, 12:30 AM   #73
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
The seller is a longstanding member of the forum. I find it hard to believe that he would intentionally deceive another member, however, I don't doubt what the OP is saying and based on the pictures, I agree that the watch was misrepresented.

I do think it's odd that the seller went MIA. It looks like he hasn't signed on for about a week. If he is not responding to calls/texts, maybe something happened. I think it's fair to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I hope everything gets resolved.
I agree that's the hardest part about this to understand - and the most disturbing. It undermines the cohesiveness of this forum if an established member can behave in such a way. Whatever the motive, the majority of us at least seem to agree that this watch was grossly misrepresented to the buyer. Hopefully there's an explanation for the lack of folowup and he ultimately makes it right.

It's indeed very strange and disheartening, but there have been long standing members with 1000's of posts that have ended up on the banned list. How this happens after years of good behavior and substantial participation? Who knows, but just like the highly touted "trusted sellers", they're only trusted until they're not.

Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2017, 01:21 AM   #74
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
Quote:
To the OP.

Robert, it's members like you that make this forum great. What an extremely generous offer.
Old 1 July 2017, 07:49 AM   #75
cajunron
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdelious View Post
Robert, it's members like you that make this forum great. What an extremely generous offer.
X2. The good people here are what makes this forum so great.
Old 1 July 2017, 10:51 AM   #76
Prestige_Swiss
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
To the OP.

What a kind gesture. Some great people on here.
Prestige_Swiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2017, 10:55 PM   #77
TimeToGo
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry this happened to you.

It appears the seller bought a 214270 in May 2013 from TRF. See his positive remark for this purchase here:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=297048

Here is who he purchased from and the ad:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...ghlight=214270

Can you check if the partial serial shown matches the one you bought...
I am just curious because his card shows a purchase date (very sloppy I may add) of October 2014..

Just curious..
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2017, 11:06 PM   #78
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToGo View Post

It appears the seller bought a 214270 in May 2013 from TRF. See his positive remark for this purchase here:

I am just curious because his card shows a purchase date (very sloppy I may add) of October 2014..

Just curious..
Wow, if in fact the same watch, great catch!!!
Old 2 July 2017, 01:25 AM   #79
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

Hey thanks for the investigation but it looks like he posts feedback for an explorer II and the partial serials don't match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToGo View Post

Just curious..
Old 2 July 2017, 01:46 AM   #80
uncleluck
"TRF" Member

The scratches in the bezel at 10 look quite deep from your pics?

Advert is misleading I say. It's obvious he's tried to deceive from the pics and description. Wouldn't be surprised if they're old pics as I can't see any sign of those scratches at 10 in his pics.
uncleluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2017, 06:59 AM   #81
uansari1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
Best of luck. This is why I'm willing to spend a few bucks more to buy from a Trusted Seller.
For us newer members, aside from checking for threads about the seller in the Who's Who section, is there a list or something somewhere? I have a feeling there are more trusted sellers than the 4 or 5 that most people think of off the bat.
Explorer 124270
Omega Seamaster GMT 50th Anniversary
uansari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2017, 11:39 AM   #82
subfanatic
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
This is why it is so important to have detailed pics and description leaving nothing to hide. I have found that one persons idea of "mint" or "excellent" condition is not always the same as mine. I'm not sure how the seller could look at that watch and not think anything but "beater".

Of course most, but not all of this could be handled with a professional polish. I feel for the buyer and I hope this all works out in your favor. I know most of the members of this forum could not sleep at night knowing they sent a watch out that looked like that without being totally upfront about its condition. That's what makes this such a great place to buy and sell. I hope I don't see more of this in the future, it's really disheartening.

This would be considered a big purchase for me as I'm not rolling in cash and I would be crushed. I know most of us wouldn't do this to someone regardless of their income. I've only bought/sold a few times, but I've always felt comfortable with TRF and it's members.
subfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2017, 01:04 PM   #83
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

Ty mate those are my exact sentiments on this matter. You articulated it extremely well for exactly what I am feeling.

Just a quick update....seller has still not surfaced. Gonna give it another week or so before deciding on my next move. Still hoping he comes through and makes this right but we shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subfanatic View Post
This is why it is so important to have detailed pics and description leaving nothing to hide. I have found that one persons idea of "mint" or "excellent" condition is not always the same as mine. I'm not sure how the seller could look at that watch and not think anything but "beater".

Of course most, but not all of this could be handled with a professional polish. I feel for the buyer and I hope this all works out in your favor. I know most of the members of this forum could not sleep at night knowing they sent a watch out that looked like that without being totally upfront about its condition. That's what makes this such a great place to buy and sell. I hope I don't see more of this in the future, it's really disheartening.

This would be considered a big purchase for me as I'm not rolling in cash and I would be crushed. I know most of us wouldn't do this to someone regardless of their income. I've only bought/sold a few times, but I've always felt comfortable with TRF and it's members.
Old 2 July 2017, 06:10 PM   #84
Bob the brush
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1016 Explorer.
I agree with all the above sentiments, I also would not sleep at night knowing that I had deceived someone, I can't understand how people can do this and think it's ok to hide afterwards, if this is what he is doing. I have bought two pre owned Rolex watches, and both times they have arrived,by post, exactly as described, and I couldn't be more happy, so there are brilliant,honest sellers out there. Do they outnumber the scumbags? On this forum most certainly, on eBay, probably not due to the horror stories image read here. Caveat emptor folks!
Bob the brush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2017, 06:58 PM   #85
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

As long as this went on, I can only think of this:

Best of luck OP hopefully the seller responds to this.....despicable behavior as a seller. Points were made about the condition of the watch versus price but it doesn't change the fact the buyer is not happy with the watch due to misrepresentation.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2017, 12:55 PM   #86
gbx
"TRF" Member

Why on God's green earth would you do this?

DavidSW has them for $4500.

Instead you buy from a someone named "anothernewphone" with a high post count and a 2013 account creation date?

I haven't looked, but did he have tons of excellent reviews from the forumites in Seller's Who's Who??

Sorry, some of this is TLDR.
gbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2017, 06:49 PM   #87
116710er
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer six.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx View Post
Why on God's green earth would you do this?
Uh, to save $450?...which should cover the cost of a service and refinish (at a non-RSC shop) instead of spending $4500 on one that hasn't been serviced.

Quote:
Instead you buy from a someone named "anothernewphone" with a high post count and a 2013 account creation date?
How could that lead you believe that this person wouldn't be honest in his description and then disappear afterwards?
116710er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2017, 11:22 PM   #88
gbx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 116710er View Post

How could that lead you believe that this person wouldn't be honest in his description and then disappear afterwards?
I don't know that he has been dishonest. That's a bit of a leap. As I mentioned I have not searched the Sellers Who's Who - to see if he has any feedback. It's clear from the seller's photos that the watch band has seen some serious activity. It's reasonable to assume the watch head has seen the same. It's scratched pretty well. And the watch head photo from the seller shows some signs of scratching. The lighting in both photos (seller and buyer) is complimentary to each respective side of the sale.

I'm more likely to bet on a sure thing rather than an unknown to save $450.
gbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2017, 11:44 PM   #89
aleeboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
Quote:
I don't know that he has been dishonest. That's a bit of a leap. As I mentioned I have not searched the Sellers Who's Who - to see if he has any feedback. It's clear from the seller's photos that the watch band has seen some serious activity. It's reasonable to assume the watch head has seen the same. It's scratched pretty well. And the watch head photo from the seller shows some signs of scratching. The lighting in both photos (seller and buyer) is complimentary to each respective side of the sale.

I'm more likely to bet on a sure thing rather than an unknown to save $450.
Yes, there are photos, which you can scrutinise to the nth degree. However, the description was misleading. This calls into question the integrity of the seller in this case. I am certain no one will think because they paid a good price, they should take it on the chin that the actual is very different to what you have been led to believe.
aleeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2017, 03:28 AM   #90
Genevapics
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
To the OP.

Great to read there are good people in this world to help others in need. Very nice gesture and my hat off to you...

Best of luck to the OP. Hope there is at the very least communication and at the best, your money back. Good luck to you, I hope it all works out.