The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 September 2017, 11:31 AM   #151
Seanken
Banned

All i can say is that when you buy a watch in that price range and bring it to a posh, "Oh aren't we the bees knees AD", and they can't follow simple directions at the RSC , then they aren't much better than a new McDonalds employee.

I'm glad they gave the money back, but attention to detail, supposedly a Rolex hallmark, seems to lacking.
Seanken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2017, 11:34 AM   #152
Seanken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
Ridiculously unfair.

This flawed line of reasoning leads one to conclude that the poor people of Houston have nothing to complain about because they don't live in Kandahar or North Korea.

This is a forum for people who buy and own pointless vanity items that individually cost more than the average annual income for the average human being on the planet. Every single thread on here would be considered obscene if read by a substantial proportion of the world's population.
+1 BILLION!

I'm one of the obscene few who own and enjoy a Rolex.
Seanken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2017, 05:01 AM   #153
Lurizzle
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs
OP Here,

I friggin love this community. Like many of you, I am part of different forums of in various areas of interest. But the quality of the characters and your contributions exceeds all other forums. In many cases I find your posts to be informative, in other cases downright hysterical. And then there are some posts that make me think you are just trying to add to your post count. In any case, i appreciate every single post.

I believe its an important story to share for those who may be drawn by the allure of a good polish and a "new watch" upon return from RSC, but might not consider the consequences that come along with a polish. Material is indeed removed. If you KNOW your watch (which we all do), you WILL notice some change. This may be fine but such people need to consider all angles in order to make an informed decision that will be regret-free. I've given the matter some thought and I agree with what appears to be the general consensus that i've come out on top. And just like scratches add to the story of a watch and its travels, i will carry on with my BLNR. The light yet professionally done work will remain with me as a reminder of the time when i got a polish, corrected mag, full service and 4 yrs additional warranty free of charge. For those of you who've helped me come to this realization - thank you.

I'm still going after that hat though! I will let you know how it goes
Lurizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2017, 05:14 AM   #154
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Good on you. Enjoy the watch mate
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2017, 08:19 AM   #155
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurizzle View Post
The light yet professionally done work will remain with me as a reminder of the time when i got a polish, corrected mag, full service and 4 yrs additional warranty free of charge.

I think warranty on servicing is 2 years, not 4; they gave you 4 years because of the trouble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2017, 08:48 AM   #156
Lurizzle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
I think warranty on servicing is 2 years, not 4; they gave you 4 years because of the trouble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2 yrs from RSC augmented by 2 yrs from AD after end of RSC coverage. Standard and not due to poor experience
Old 2 September 2017, 09:08 AM   #157
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
To the op...Sue them - in the highest court in the land....

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2017, 09:57 AM   #158
WJGESQ
Banned

Pictures don't show any harm.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2017, 10:40 AM   #159
gregmoeck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
I find it amazing how many people have watches serviced within 5-7 years of ownership. There is no way I would keep this watch.
gregmoeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2017, 10:58 AM   #160
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmoeck View Post
I find it amazing how many people have watches serviced within 5-7 years of ownership. There is no way I would keep this watch.
You think the number of people servicing watches within 5-7 years is a lot or a little?

Why exactly would you not keep the watch?
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2017, 10:59 AM   #161
3ther
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmoeck View Post

So do you lease your cars and never perform routine service on them?
3ther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2017, 11:04 AM   #162
josephvman
Banned

Peter, what was the last year, or series, for the chamfered lugs on the SD? I have a Z-series that I bought secondhand, and it doesn't have them. It appears unpolished but I was curious. Doesn't matter to me, as I wear it and beat it up, but I'd like to know. If it's due for a service will the RSC restore the chamfer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Anyone would think they removed half the case instead of perhaps a micron or so in normal routine polish.Below is a picture of my 1999 SD which I have two, now this watch has seen more use and abuse than most of today's Rolex owners will see in 10 life times.This was my working tool watch for many years as a dive guide and instructor PADI and BSAC with well over 600 hours under water.This watch has been serviced 3 times by the RSC mainly because it was a working tool watch.Yet if you put a new SD from the same timeframe you would have to look very very hard to notice any difference.As long as any Polish is left to routine service time there is no problem with RSC polish.

Picture after last service

josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2017, 11:04 AM   #163
Joearch
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona + GMT BLNR
Not a vintage piece. In 25 years it won't matter much. I would enjoy your freshly serviced watch and get on with life. If I sent my BLNR which is in excellent service a polish as part of a free service would be acceptable. Some how this is just a little different that striping the paint off. IMHO.
Joearch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2017, 11:50 AM   #164
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
This is my unpolished Z2***** SD.

It has chamfers so either yours have been polished off or that was the transition time?

This one is very special and can't be replaced.

If I sent it in for a service and it was polished against my explicit request not to then that someone would be SHUT DOWN.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04052rs.jpg (252.6 KB, 124 views)

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2017, 12:56 PM   #165
XZACM102
"TRF" Member

Did you get any paperwork that says it was serviced at RSC NY or did the AD screwed up and serviced the watch in house and now giving you a full refund ?
XZACM102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2017, 01:12 PM   #166
gregmoeck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
Curious what they actually serviced...it's not like they need an oil change. This watch now has a dirty car fax report. You can't sell it without saying it's been polished . The watch takes a significant hit.
gregmoeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2017, 02:27 PM   #167
Lurizzle
"TRF" Member

OP here.

Yes I have paperwork that shows a full service was performed by the Rolex Service Center on 5th avenue in Manhattan. I also called while my watch was there and after I authenticated with an order number, they were able to give me info on my watch. The AD did indeed mess up by not passing on my no-polish directive. As you read in my initial account, I was unsatisfied with the AD's response and I called the RSC. The AD called me back the same day to fall on the sword.

I am not interested in selling the watch as this is a keeper representative of a momentous occasion for me personally in 2015 when I purch'd it. For an idea of what was actually serviced, here is a video that describes what a full service is.

https://youtu.be/7Jr5X62EKNo

Tags
error , issues