The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 September 2017, 09:35 PM   #31
HONDABBQ
"TRF" Member

I have a side business that I take all the profits from and buy what I want when I want. If it takes me a summer to save up for something so be it. My issue is I like to have a reserve after I make a purchase in case something else comes around I want, so sadly in my head I have to have 30% more than I need to make a purchase to make said purchase.
HONDABBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2017, 10:14 PM   #32
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Good question and excellent responses.

For me, personally, it's kind of a combination of all of the advice above.

I always pay cash for trinkets.

I never spend money that I can't afford to lose (even though my watch(es) is/are insured)

A special event is always a good justification. My first Rolex was a celebration of me paying off my mortgage.

After a year or two, I upgraded it to a six digit model. Then the green one. Then the slippery slope got covered in ice...

And earlier this year I made a huge stock market gamble (well... not huge, but very large) and on day one it was down so much that I couldn't sleep, peeing blood, you get the picture. Day two I was even and day three I was ahead and got out.

During the night of day one (when I was so distressed) I resolved that if I got out of the position with a decent profit, I'd buy that BLNR that I've been lusting over.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WRUW.jpg (239.4 KB, 74 views)

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2017, 10:21 PM   #33
Oceanlover914
"TRF" Member

Watch: None at the moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulansx View Post
I get a hairbrain idea that I need another Rolex. Save for X amount of time that is always less than half of the time I actually need to save. End up pillaging another account of mine to buy the watch because I'm impatient. Then pay myself back interest free
^^^^^^^^^^At least I am not the only one^^^^^^^^
Oceanlover914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2017, 10:25 PM   #34
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
Good question and excellent responses.

For me, personally, it's kind of a combination of all of the advice above.

I always pay cash for trinkets.

I never spend money that I can't afford to lose (even though my watch(es) is/are insured)

A special event is always a good justification. My first Rolex was a celebration of me paying off my mortgage.

After a year or two, I upgraded it to a six digit model. Then the green one. Then the slippery slope got covered in ice...

And earlier this year I made a huge stock market gamble (well... not huge, but very large) and on day one it was down so much that I couldn't sleep, peeing blood, you get the picture. Day two I was even and day three I was ahead and got out.

During the night of day one (when I was so distressed) I resolved that if I got out of the position with a decent profit, I'd buy that BLNR that I've been lusting over.
Glad you got out of that bad position, but not a good mindset to think if my stock's a loser I'll sell when it breaks even. Always try and run your profits and cut your losers, don't hope, don't feel, just execute. And never average down, rather pyramid up.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote