The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 October 2017, 09:46 PM   #1
AndrewHodinky
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II 216570
Help with EXPII Bracelet

I’ve very recently joined the forum, and this is my first post.

First of all, what a great community…tons of useful information. I used the forum for research in preparation of my first Rolex purchase - I’ve been a Breitling guy the past 12 or so years. I’ve been admiring the EXPII 216570 for a while, and was looking for a reliable seller rather than an AD. I found a seller highly recommended by this forum. I made the plunge, and received the watch yesterday - advertised as BNIB. The watch itself is even more impressive in person. My question has to do with the bracelet. Something about it doesn’t seem quite right. This is based on my research of various photos and videos. The only markings on it are (1) an engraved Rolex logo, (2) STEELINOX, (3) ROLEXSA. in a football shaped box, and (4) L7S.

Any information will be greatly appreciated!
AndrewHodinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2017, 10:35 PM   #2
Daytonaman799
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
On the left is the Rolex Insignia along with Geneva and Swiss made. On the right it says steelinox the football shape rolexsa and 6HQ on mine. My other one is the same but on the right instead of 6HQ it says 802.
Daytonaman799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2017, 11:11 PM   #3
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Have you contacted the seller with your questions/concerns?
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2017, 11:41 PM   #4
AndrewHodinky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonaman799 View Post
On the left is the Rolex Insignia along with Geneva and Swiss made. On the right it says steelinox the football shape rolexsa and 6HQ on mine. My other one is the same but on the right instead of 6HQ it says 802.
Thanks. Sounds like it is the same as mine...except for the L7S.
Old 14 October 2017, 11:46 PM   #5
AndrewHodinky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
Have you contacted the seller with your questions/concerns?
Not yet. I thought I'd do a little research first. Still very new to Rolex...

Perhaps my Breitling experience is coloring my perceptions. I have watches with the Ocean Classic and Professional II bracelets -- far more substantial, however, not nearly as comfortable as my new EXPII
Old 14 October 2017, 11:59 PM   #6
Annan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116233
I think this is a clasp code that indicates the date your bracelet was manufactured. See the attached link for more info. Clasp codes are addressed in the third entry on the list. http://thegreengmthand.com/about/use...lex_clasp_code
Old 15 October 2017, 01:04 AM   #7
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewHodinky View Post

First of all, what a great community…tons of useful information. I used the forum for research in preparation of my first Rolex purchase - I’ve been a Breitling guy the past 12 or so years. I’ve been admiring the EXPII 216570 for a while, and was looking for a reliable seller rather than an AD. I found a seller highly recommended by this forum. I made the plunge, and received the watch yesterday - advertised as BNIB. The watch itself is even more impressive in person. My question has to do with the bracelet. Something about it doesn’t seem quite right. This is based on my research of various photos and videos. The only markings on it are (1) an engraved Rolex logo, (2) STEELINOX, (3) ROLEXSA. in a football shaped box, and (4) L7S.

You're fine. Newest logo is engraved. Markings are correct. The 3 digit code varies by example and goes "Letter,Number,Letter". If it makes you feel any better, one of my Rolex has the code "G0D"

Enjoy your new piece
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 01:11 AM   #8
dcash0615
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es
L7S is the clasp code. They are now random as before they use to indicate the month and year of production of the clasp. No one outside of Rolex now knows how to decipher these random codes. Enjoy your watch. All other markings you mention are correct.
dcash0615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 02:03 AM   #9
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewHodinky View Post

Your clasp is fine nothing to worry about.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 08:38 AM   #10
AndrewHodinky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Your clasp is fine nothing to worry about.
Many thanks... I appreciate your response and expertise - and those of the other members who responded