The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 27 March 2018, 10:26 PM   #301
Mozzer
"TRF" Member
 
Mozzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Uk
Watch: BLNR & 114060
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Do you think nine different versions of the GMT is a lot in the range maybe they’re going to Thin it out
__________________
BLNR
114060
Airking
Omega speedmaster professional
TAG Heuer Monaco
Mozzer is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 10:49 PM   #302
maizerage25
"TRF" Member
 
maizerage25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Real Name: Dave
Location: Cleveland, OH
Watch: 216570, 116710BLNR
Posts: 137
My local AD is at the show and just posted a picture of both the BLNR and the LN models from the show.
maizerage25 is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 11:07 PM   #303
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member
 
Cru Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 34,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzer View Post
Do you think nine different versions of the GMT is a lot in the range maybe they’re going to Thin it out

No, not at all. Variety is the spice of life, plus, compared to DateJusts, the GMT line is very thin.
Cru Jones is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 11:18 PM   #304
Laglag
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: France
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by maizerage25 View Post
My local AD is at the show and just posted a picture of both the BLNR and the LN models from the show.






Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Laglag is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 12:25 AM   #305
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member
 
Rashid.bk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas
Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Posts: 11,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
maybe... but what did they "announce" with the WG BLRO? It was discontinued but i didn't see an official announcement to the customers.
Well yes they sort of did, it's how Rolex always does it. They didn't announce it discontinuing but they introduced a new model and it no longer shows on the Rolex website. And they stated the transition to the blue dial as the black dial is no longer an option.
This was clarified Basel 2018. No more WG BLRO(black dial).
Rashid.bk is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 02:18 AM   #306
hopkinswatch22
"TRF" Member
 
hopkinswatch22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: N/A
Posts: 103
It does seem odd that both the BLNR and LN are missing from the price catalog as well as pulled from the AD sites. It makes sense that it would still display on Rolex site if they are phasing it out and still pushing the stock left.

I think its worth looking into the discontinuation history of other models and how they were handled. I have seen people saying both that Rolex makes announcements of discontinuations and also that announcements haven't been made and a watch will just disappear from the price list and catalog.

When the 116610LV was released and the 16610LV was discontinued was there a formal announcement the Kermit had been discontinued? I was reading other posts from the past in the forum from this timeframe and it seemed like there was no announcement. It looked as if the LVc was introduced and LV was phased out over the next few months. It continued to be sold in 2010, was still included in the catalog for a few months, then was removed from the pricelist and soon there after was gone. Although I can't confirm this, as this was before I was this far into the watch scene. Can anyone confirm? Does anyone have examples of the way other discontinuations have been handled by Rolex?
hopkinswatch22 is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 02:37 AM   #307
Mozzer
"TRF" Member
 
Mozzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Uk
Watch: BLNR & 114060
Posts: 157
As things stand I’m leaning towards it being phased out
It’s definitely not on local Rolex AD website and it’s not included in the new price guide
I have seen this with my own eyes
Yes it was on Display at Baselworld but until the remaining stock is gone it’s not officially discontinued. and imagine if everyone found out there will only be 1 ss gmt for a while the demand for the new release would go crazy

That’s what I think could be wrong time will tell
__________________
BLNR
114060
Airking
Omega speedmaster professional
TAG Heuer Monaco
Mozzer is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 02:55 AM   #308
Mozzer
"TRF" Member
 
Mozzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Uk
Watch: BLNR & 114060
Posts: 157
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...LV#post1770405

Have a read of the link above sounds very familiar déjà vu
like what’s happening know ?
__________________
BLNR
114060
Airking
Omega speedmaster professional
TAG Heuer Monaco
Mozzer is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 03:57 AM   #309
Ruddiger
2024 Pledge Member
 
Ruddiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 436
Howdy,

For what it's worth, I called my dealer and asked them directly. They called back and told me that according to their Rolex Rep (who they called) the BLNR and Hulk are both still available and can still be ordered.

Take care,

Ruddiger
Ruddiger is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 04:03 AM   #310
JacksonStone
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,150
When do ADs get the new catalogs?
JacksonStone is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 04:08 AM   #311
Mozzer
"TRF" Member
 
Mozzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Uk
Watch: BLNR & 114060
Posts: 157
I was in ad today they said a few weeks at least but they had a new catalog
But put it away I was not able to view it
Maybe one of them went to basilworld
Or there not allowed to show it to customers yet
Very strange
__________________
BLNR
114060
Airking
Omega speedmaster professional
TAG Heuer Monaco
Mozzer is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 04:27 AM   #312
BLNR Nairobi
"TRF" Member
 
BLNR Nairobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Real Name: Tony
Location: Global
Watch: All of them.
Posts: 1,101
Tommie85 has put up pictures of the new catalogue in the thread linked below. There are NO pictures of the GMT II LN and BLNR. Something’s a foot.


https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=594691&page=3
BLNR Nairobi is online now  
Old 28 March 2018, 04:30 AM   #313
Mozzer
"TRF" Member
 
Mozzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Uk
Watch: BLNR & 114060
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNR Nairobi View Post
Tommie85 has put up pictures of the new catalogue in the thread linked below. There are NO pictures of the GMT II LN and BLNR. Something’s a foot.


https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=594691&page=3
I think they are Discontinuing for sure
__________________
BLNR
114060
Airking
Omega speedmaster professional
TAG Heuer Monaco
Mozzer is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 04:35 AM   #314
RolexPD
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNR Nairobi View Post
Tommie85 has put up pictures of the new catalogue in the thread linked below. There are NO pictures of the GMT II LN and BLNR. Something’s a foot.


https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=594691&page=3
There are also no pictures of the SS Pepsi in the photos he posted either.
RolexPD is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 04:36 AM   #315
JacksonStone
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzer View Post
I think they are Discontinuing for sure
I don't see any other conclusion to reach. There may still be existing supply in the pipeline for dealers to sell; and there may be replacements coming, although who knows when, or in what form. But if these models aren't in the catalog, I think it is reasonable to conclude they are discontinued in their current form.
JacksonStone is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 04:39 AM   #316
JacksonStone
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexPD View Post
There are also no pictures of the SS Pepsi in the photos he posted either.
For context, he was just posting pictures to answer a question I posed to him earlier, which was to confirm whether or not the green-dial YG GMT was shown. He says the pictures in the main section of the catalog match the price list (which he showed in its entirety), but because the black-dial and green-dial YGs share the same reference number, we couldn't tell by the price list alone what the status was of those models. He wasn't posting to show all of the GMTs.

Edit: looking again, the SS Pepsi is highlighted in the first of the three pictures he posted.
JacksonStone is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 05:58 AM   #317
Doood
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Socal
Posts: 950
Sort of off topic but let's say they do not discontinue the BLNR but re-release with the new movement. What do you fine folks think about a new version like a blue dial BLNR? What about a sunburst blue dial BLNR? I wonder what that would look like?

Don't get me wrong, I do not think either are a realistic possibility, but when I saw the WG BLRO with new blue dial, it had me fantasizing....... Ok back to reality.
Doood is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 06:51 AM   #318
f458
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: canada
Watch: DSSD 114060 sub bl
Posts: 130
I would not buy it on a jubilee bracelet.
f458 is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 07:30 AM   #319
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruddiger View Post
Howdy,

For what it's worth, I called my dealer and asked them directly. They called back and told me that according to their Rolex Rep (who they called) the BLNR and Hulk are both still available and can still be ordered.

Take care,

Ruddiger
To echo this I called my AD and they just put an order in for one today. Had not heard of it being discontinued which of course doesn't mean its not going to be discontinued, but as of today RUSA is still taking orders for the BLNR.
jonnyz1245 is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 07:47 AM   #320
jb335
2024 Pledge Member
 
jb335's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: The States
Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Posts: 6,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doood View Post
Sort of off topic but let's say they do not discontinue the BLNR but re-release with the new movement. What do you fine folks think about a new version like a blue dial BLNR? What about a sunburst blue dial BLNR? I wonder what that would look like?

Don't get me wrong, I do not think either are a realistic possibility, but when I saw the WG BLRO with new blue dial, it had me fantasizing....... Ok back to reality.


Sounds like too much blue IMO.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb335 is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 08:03 AM   #321
vinny84
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Real Name: Vince
Location: PA
Watch: BLNR
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruddiger View Post
Howdy,

For what it's worth, I called my dealer and asked them directly. They called back and told me that according to their Rolex Rep (who they called) the BLNR and Hulk are both still available and can still be ordered.

Take care,

Ruddiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyz1245 View Post
To echo this I called my AD and they just put an order in for one today. Had not heard of it being discontinued which of course doesn't mean its not going to be discontinued, but as of today RUSA is still taking orders for the BLNR.
It is possible that AD’s can still order them but meanwhile, behind closed doors, Rolex are shipping out the last of the batch.

Only time will tell
vinny84 is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 08:04 AM   #322
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
It is possible that AD’s can still order them but meanwhile, behind closed doors, Rolex are shipping out the last of the batch.

Only time will tell
True
jonnyz1245 is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 08:11 AM   #323
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member
 
Chadridv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Real Name: Chadri
Location: LI, NY
Watch: 116610LV
Posts: 11,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexPD View Post
There are also no pictures of the SS Pepsi in the photos he posted either.
There are.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=594691&page=3
Chadridv is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 08:49 AM   #324
Mozzer
"TRF" Member
 
Mozzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Uk
Watch: BLNR & 114060
Posts: 157
Pepsi is in new catalog not BLNR
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A270CF66-3F94-44C0-BE3A-19392867F80E.jpeg (63.2 KB, 473 views)
__________________
BLNR
114060
Airking
Omega speedmaster professional
TAG Heuer Monaco
Mozzer is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 09:10 AM   #325
Watch This
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: In your head
Watch: SS YMII
Posts: 1,619
11 pages. 324 posts. No verifiable definitive answer. Awesome.
Watch This is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 09:15 AM   #326
904VT
"TRF" Member
 
904VT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: USA
Watch: All Rolex
Posts: 6,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinswatch22 View Post
It does seem odd that both the BLNR and LN are missing from the price catalog as well as pulled from the AD sites. It makes sense that it would still display on Rolex site if they are phasing it out and still pushing the stock left.

I think its worth looking into the discontinuation history of other models and how they were handled. I have seen people saying both that Rolex makes announcements of discontinuations and also that announcements haven't been made and a watch will just disappear from the price list and catalog.

When the 116610LV was released and the 16610LV was discontinued was there a formal announcement the Kermit had been discontinued? I was reading other posts from the past in the forum from this timeframe and it seemed like there was no announcement. It looked as if the LVc was introduced and LV was phased out over the next few months. It continued to be sold in 2010, was still included in the catalog for a few months, then was removed from the pricelist and soon there after was gone. Although I can't confirm this, as this was before I was this far into the watch scene. Can anyone confirm? Does anyone have examples of the way other discontinuations have been handled by Rolex?
Rolex kept the 116520 on the website alongside the 116500 until remaining stock was sold in 2016.
904VT is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 09:17 AM   #327
Glidelock
"TRF" Member
 
Glidelock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Real Name: Will Zdorf
Location: So. Cal.
Watch: SDC4000, Sub LVC
Posts: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch This View Post
11 pages. 324 posts. No verifiable definitive answer. Awesome.
Glidelock is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 09:30 AM   #328
hopkinswatch22
"TRF" Member
 
hopkinswatch22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: N/A
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
It is possible that AD’s can still order them but meanwhile, behind closed doors, Rolex are shipping out the last of the batch.

Only time will tell
This is the way I'm leaning as well, the 116710 BLNR and LN are being phased out. Now whether we get a 126710 BLNR or not is anyones guess. I tend to think with the new two tone bezel CHNR's being released the BLNR is done, they stick to having an all black option and we get a 126710 LN with a different color GMT hand. But hey at the end of the day all we can do is just sit back, enjoy the products and speculate, because no one really knows except Rolex.
hopkinswatch22 is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 09:40 AM   #329
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member
 
Carry The Interest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: LA
Watch: RLX, ALS
Posts: 3,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinswatch22 View Post
This is the way I'm leaning as well, the 116710 BLNR and LN are being phased out. Now whether we get a 126710 BLNR or not is anyones guess. I tend to think with the new two tone bezel CHNR's being released the BLNR is done, they stick to having an all black option and we get a 126710 LN with a different color GMT hand. But hey at the end of the day all we can do is just sit back, enjoy the products and speculate, because no one really knows except Rolex.
I'm guessing this is how it plays out as well. The LN either gets (quietly) updated between now and next Basel (depending on how fast remaining reference supply is sold) or included in the new launches next year. My guess is they keep it on an Oyster bracelet since they know both the Pepsi bezel and jubilee bracelet is more polarizing to some customers. I don't think the same necessarily happens with the BLNR. It's had an amazing run and will surely be back in the future...but Rolex may think its time to make room for other/new models to step into the limelight.

I cannot imagine a situation where the standard LN does not get the movement/case update.
Carry The Interest is offline  
Old 28 March 2018, 09:42 AM   #330
gregmoeck
"TRF" Member
 
gregmoeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maui
Watch: Patek
Posts: 2,032
I’m 5 digit man now, I don’t care
gregmoeck is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Coronet

Takuya Watches

Bobs Watches

OCWatches

Asset Appeal

My Watch LLC

DavidSW Watches


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2024, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.