The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 4 April 2023, 04:39 AM   #3871
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcows7 View Post
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000605562403

would have a listen of the last 7 minutes where they discuss how the APs aren't moving that quickly from "Dealers" (they're moving but its taking time).

n.b. not sure why they used the term "dealer" - if they had used boutique that might have been clearer.
Just saw that a mint 15500 black dial went on Moda for 36k. With taxes what is that? Like 6k over MSRP?
psm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 05:32 AM   #3872
jokerjacket
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
Just saw that a mint 15500 black dial went on Moda for 36k. With taxes what is that? Like 6k over MSRP?
Think Vince mention another mint one selling for 34.5k recently in earlier post.
jokerjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 06:47 AM   #3873
Swiftneck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
Haven’t been tracking but 17k-20k depending on condition. These have more or less been trading stagnantly the past few months.

Other Rolex refs are dropping more evidently, and AP is falling harder than anything else.
What are 116509 blue dial trading for at the moment[if tradkng at all ]. Thanks in advance

Sendt fra min SM-F711B med Tapatalk
Swiftneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 09:00 AM   #3874
Coolcamden
"TRF" Member

Fun continuing saga on Monday…

A new post said:

Latest Holy Grail… a JM dated after it’s announced that it discontinued. As if that makes it a Holy Grail somehow… asking $111. ��

And some guy said “great price, in 2 months it’ll double”
The best thing was some other guy replied: then wait 2 months then sell it.

Lmao….
Coolcamden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 09:39 AM   #3875
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerjacket View Post
Think Vince mention another mint one selling for 34.5k recently in earlier post.
That’s right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftneck View Post
What are 116509 blue dial trading for at the moment[if tradkng at all ]. Thanks in advance

Not tracking this, so wouldn’t be able to tell. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolcamden View Post

A new post said:

Latest Holy Grail… a JM dated after it’s announced that it discontinued. As if that makes it a Holy Grail somehow… asking $111. ��

Lmao….
Lmao is right. Many are delusional or snake oil salesman on there looking for a sucker by singing some sweet words.
Old 4 April 2023, 09:39 AM   #3876
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:

A new post said:

Lmao….
Haha surprised that guy didn't get the insta ban (the "director of sanitation" doesn't like posts like that).
Old 4 April 2023, 01:20 PM   #3877
Andy0331
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

A new post said:

Lmao….
If these guys believe it will double, they're in for a rude awakening. It seems more obvious than ever that the appetite for $200k+ watches is tanking. People with that much cash to burn are looking to make more money with it, not tie it up "investing" in watches.
Andy0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 03:26 PM   #3878
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

I’ve had a panda for awhile now that I never wear and had been thinking of offloading it. After last week, I decided now was probably one of the better times to sell given the hysteria around it’s discontinuation.

I threw it up on Moda as an auction. The top three bidders which I said would be binding have all failed to pay.

Thought I’d share my experience and warn anyone who has seen the bids in auctions to proceed with caution. From my recent experience, they’re bids with no actual thought they may actually have to pay up, and when the bill comes due, they make excuses as to why they’re backing out. Seems the market is much softer than what appears on the surface. Caveat emptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LJubel328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 03:39 PM   #3879
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJubel328 View Post
I’ve had a panda for awhile now that I never wear and had been thinking of offloading it. After last week, I decided now was probably one of the better times to sell given the hysteria around it’s discontinuation.

I threw it up on Moda as an auction. The top three bidders which I said would be binding have all failed to pay.

Thought I’d share my experience and warn anyone who has seen the bids in auctions to proceed with caution. From my recent experience, they’re bids with no actual thought they may actually have to pay up, and when the bill comes due, they make excuses as to why they’re backing out. Seems the market is much softer than what appears on the surface. Caveat emptor.

Interesting data point - how are the bids binding (and also enforced) if they have ultimately failed to pay?
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 04:01 PM   #3880
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Pretty sure you get banned for failing to pay. I have been 2nd or 3rd in a few auctions and never been called on fwiw.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 04:33 PM   #3881
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Just a general picture,
Brand new 2022 auctioned for $49.5k on 28 March.

After the auction :
Used 2022 asking $50.5k sitting
Used 2021 asking $48.5 sitting
Brand new 2022 asking $53k sitting
Slider 2022 asking $52.5k sitting

Hard to believe a watch that fell so close to or below MSRP(shows the level of demand) before W&W is now priced so much higher.
Mathematoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 11:08 PM   #3882
Wuls
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=LJubel328;12703972]I’ve had a panda for awhile now that I never wear and had been thinking of offloading it. After last week, I decided now was probably one of the better times to sell given the hysteria around it’s discontinuation.

I’ve seen similar with Watchcollecting as a multiple underbidder on 2 failed auctions so far. Within minutes of the failed auction I get a call asking if I want to increase my bid. As if. What’s going on underneath the hood is much worse than the headline bids/narrative of the vendors/auctioneers. I guess you would expect this but don’t be fooled
Wuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 11:12 PM   #3883
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:

Can't imagine ever buying on MODA. Sure the prices may be a tad lower but the whole place seems shady AF. It's seemingly just a bunch of grey dealers scratching each others backs hoping some sucker wanders in.
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 11:36 PM   #3884
rolexandlange
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
Can't imagine ever buying on MODA. Sure the prices may be a tad lower but the whole place seems shady AF. It's seemingly just a bunch of grey dealers scratching each others backs hoping some sucker wanders in.
This isn't a MODA thing, it's a grey dealer thing. There isn't some elevated existence that dealers reach and leave the rest behind. A top top dealer like Eric Wind, a brick and mortar dealer, and a backpack dealer on Moda or a "guy with a website" aren't as disconnected as many would think.

I've bought a Datograph and 15202 on Moda and been very happy with it. I've bought a Pepsi from European Watch before that had issues (which were addressed to their credit). So it's impossible to put these guys into tiers and if so Moda is huge and definitely not the bottom tier!
rolexandlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2023, 12:33 AM   #3885
Coolcamden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have bought from Moda. Great smooth impressive experience. As with everything in life, know what you’re getting into, and don’t lump and generalize people.
Coolcamden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2023, 05:14 AM   #3886
Swiftneck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathematoxic View Post
Just a general picture,

Brand new 2022 auctioned for $49.5k on 28 March.

After the auction :

Used 2022 asking $50.5k sitting

Used 2021 asking $48.5 sitting

Brand new 2022 asking $53k sitting

Slider 2022 asking $52.5k sitting

Hard to believe a watch that fell so close to or below MSRP(shows the level of demand) before W&W is now priced so much higher.
Thanks.

Yes, I had expected PM to keep going down a bit, the daytona, of course, not so much.

Had hoped to add one soon, but I will not pay over the list price. I like the blue dial most, but the endlink fit of the old WG is not great at its price point. So I am torn between waiting for a new black dial, with the better fit or grabbing the old blue dial while I can.

I might be able to get them both from AD.

Swiftneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2023, 06:49 AM   #3887
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

15400 blue dial full links and archive papers, mint. Listed for 39.5k
Old 5 April 2023, 07:56 AM   #3888
soicanbefree
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=Wuls;12704350]
Quote:

I’ve seen similar with Watchcollecting as a multiple underbidder on 2 failed auctions so far. Within minutes of the failed auction I get a call asking if I want to increase my bid. As if. What’s going on underneath the hood is much worse than the headline bids/narrative of the vendors/auctioneers. I guess you would expect this but don’t be fooled
Were any of the top 3 bids that failed to pay "MDA" or dealers?
Did the 3 that failed to pay get banned?
What were the top 3 bids?
Just curious... I absolutely will not get involved with an auction on there... way too many friends of friends messing around for their own purposes.

I have bought a 16618 for a very nice price and it was very smooth but that was peer to peer ... the only way I will negotiate.
Old 5 April 2023, 03:11 PM   #3889
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Prices slump by up to 50% for discontinued Rolex watches (Watchpro)

15300st blue dial watch only 33k posted today and has been sitting
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2023, 03:51 PM   #3890
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:

This. show

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2023, 08:41 PM   #3891
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
15300st blue dial watch only 33k posted today and has been sitting
Didn’t see that one, thanks!
Old 6 April 2023, 02:56 AM   #3892
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks.

Yes, I had expected PM to keep going down a bit, the daytona, of course, not so much.

Had hoped to add one soon, but I will not pay over the list price. I like the blue dial most, but the endlink fit of the old WG is not great at its price point. So I am torn between waiting for a new black dial, with the better fit or grabbing the old blue dial while I can.

I might be able to get them both from AD.

I feel for the WG Daytona, I would go for the blue dial. 2nd would be the black with diamond dial.
However my heart is with the YG new diamond dial at the moment. 2nd choice would be the old diamond dial. Last but not least, the Paul newman dial new or old are both fine
Old 6 April 2023, 04:37 AM   #3893
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
This. show

Moda is not just a “tad” lower. It’s significantly lower. You’re basically buying the wholesale price.
Old 6 April 2023, 05:57 AM   #3894
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
You'd be surprised at who is actually unloading watches on there. Several of the Trusted Sellers here are but under employee's fb accounts. If you do the due diligence it can be a great place to pick up a watch at a significant discount.
ronricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2023, 08:43 AM   #3895
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
You'd be surprised at who is actually unloading watches on there. Several of the Trusted Sellers here are but under employee's fb accounts. If you do the due diligence it can be a great place to pick up a watch at a significant discount.
There are over 60k members in there. All the major YT watch personalities talk about moda. Still not sure why some folks on here act like it’s the red headed stepchild.

Hundreds if not thousands of watches getting traded on there everyday. How many are DavidSw and dealers on here moving each day?
Old 6 April 2023, 08:54 AM   #3896
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Some really stupid comments in this thread. Have bought 6 figures of watches on there np.

Just sold a DJ, UN Freak, and Patek on there np in the last month.

Nobody uses forums like these anymore VS FB groups.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2023, 09:45 AM   #3897
psm11
"TRF" Member

New VC Overseas Panda just got listed.

Man is that a nice looking watch. $46k tho.
Old 6 April 2023, 03:09 PM   #3898
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
New VC Overseas Panda just got listed.

Man is that a nice looking watch. $46k tho.
Where bro?
Old 7 April 2023, 01:42 AM   #3899
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Moda is not just a “tad” lower. It’s significantly lower. You’re basically buying the wholesale price.
$17500 is not wholesale for a BLNR, yet this is the daily price on Moda.
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2023, 02:08 AM   #3900
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
$17500 is not wholesale for a BLNR, yet this is the daily price on Moda.
Yeah and the TS here sell it for $21,750
Bstewart is offline   Reply With Quote