The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 7 April 2023, 04:54 AM   #3901
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstewart View Post
Yeah and the TS here sell it for $21,750
Yup…..lots of taxation on this forum….I would never pay the tax these dealers charge
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2023, 05:50 AM   #3902
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Never.
Bstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2023, 07:48 AM   #3903
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathematoxic View Post
Where bro?
Moda
psm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2023, 07:49 AM   #3904
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
$17500 is not wholesale for a BLNR, yet this is the daily price on Moda.
What’s wholesale on it?
Old 8 April 2023, 10:53 AM   #3905
psm11
"TRF" Member

Lol panda Daytonas back to around 30k on Moda. I thought this was supposed to go to the moon? Where are all those idiots at?
Old 8 April 2023, 11:37 AM   #3906
rolex_pl85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
Lol panda Daytonas back to around 30k on Moda. I thought this was supposed to go to the moon? Where are all those idiots at?
It was never going to. JM Daytona will also settle down to back where they were prior to its discontuation and even further drop.

Rolex market and in general the watch market is extremely soft. $$$ is not cheap anymore and all the speculators are still down massively $50K+, heck I still know guys down over $250k from peak. Those guys will never buy another Rolex for investments.

Much much better places to put your money.
rolex_pl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2023, 12:28 PM   #3907
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex_pl85 View Post
It was never going to. JM Daytona will also settle down to back where they were prior to its discontuation and even further drop.

Rolex market and in general the watch market is extremely soft. $$$ is not cheap anymore and all the speculators are still down massively $50K+, heck I still know guys down over $250k from peak. Those guys will never buy another Rolex for investments.

Much much better places to put your money.
This 100 percent.
Old 8 April 2023, 10:08 PM   #3908
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
To the Moon, to the Sun, to the Stars!
Mathematoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2023, 11:21 PM   #3909
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
What’s wholesale on it?
I have no idea. Someone just claimed Moda is 'wholesale pricing' but when looking around the web Moda is at best 5% less than other sources. Most of the time the prices are merely the same but I will say supply over there is huge. Many sellers obviously have more watches than your local AD by a factor of 10-20. These are the true ADs nowadays, I think ADs only make money on marked up jewelry and Omega/Tag/Tudor/GS bundled with a Rolex.

Downsides to a Moda deal:
- Must make a quick decision, that place seems like a constant feeding frenzy. Listings last for mere hours.
- Their 'reputation' only exists in Facebook land. Are they actually collaborating with each other to pump up prices? I'll bet they are.
- No website to reference, no public phone number. Who are these guys?
- They take little risk, I take all of it since I must wire first.

Now DavidSW tends to list high but I'll bet he'd negotiate. The other TRF 'trusted sellers' list for 10% less than him across the board and their prices are very comparable to Moda. If I'm spending this much money via grey then I want a very clear contract, especially a return policy.
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2023, 11:34 PM   #3910
ExplorerI
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer I
Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
I have no idea. Someone just claimed Moda is 'wholesale pricing' but when looking around the web Moda is at best 5% less than other sources. Most of the time the prices are merely the same but I will say supply over there is huge. Many sellers obviously have more watches than your local AD by a factor of 10-20. These are the true ADs nowadays, I think ADs only make money on marked up jewelry and Omega/Tag/Tudor/GS bundled with a Rolex.

Downsides to a Moda deal:
- Must make a quick decision, that place seems like a constant feeding frenzy. Listings last for mere hours.
- Their 'reputation' only exists in Facebook land. Are they actually collaborating with each other to pump up prices? I'll bet they are.
- No website to reference, no public phone number. Who are these guys?
- They take little risk, I take all of it since I must wire first.

Now DavidSW tends to list high but I'll bet he'd negotiate. The other TRF 'trusted sellers' list for 10% less than him across the board and their prices are very comparable to Moda. If I'm spending this much money via grey then I want a very clear contract, especially a return policy.
Moda used to be closer to wholesale pricing but its popularity caught up with it and now it’s just a retail sales forum with lower overhead.
Also interesting how it seems like the sellers just flat out refuse to negotiate at all which makes me think their margins are very thin. Rather let something sit and repost it multiple times than come off their price by a few hundred dollars.
ExplorerI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2023, 12:24 AM   #3911
chows99
"TRF" Member

Just rejected a green RO offshore 15720ST as I am unwilling to make a big loss to build a profile to be considered for a future RO. Perhaps is suitable for those who really like ROO but my 6.3 inch wrist disagree.
chows99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2023, 02:06 AM   #3912
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplorerI View Post
Moda used to be closer to wholesale pricing but its popularity caught up with it and now it’s just a retail sales forum with lower overhead.
Also interesting how it seems like the sellers just flat out refuse to negotiate at all which makes me think their margins are very thin. Rather let something sit and repost it multiple times than come off their price by a few hundred dollars.

This.

You used to be able to find some good deals but now it’s largely listings that have aspirational pricing with one or two deals popping up sporadically.

I also would not be all that surprised if many of them bid up each other listings at auction helping to inflate the price and hoping someone else bids higher than them in the last few moments. As I recently posted, out of three “binding” bids at my recent auction on there, two have failed to respond to any of my messages to pay me. If I ever sell in MODA again it won’t be auctioned.

It is also largely dependent on the dealer in there. I’ve interacted with a few—some are very pleasant and straight-forward whereas others have come across as pompous and egocentric.

I think that doing a couple hundred thousand or a few million in sales has gotten to some of those dealers heads. Unfortunately, sales don’t mean much in a business with low margins, terrible working capital economics and cash conversion cycles. Terrible risk/reward in my opinion, and I am not envious of them one bit—I wish them all the best.

Anyways, I digress.
As any place, buy the seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LJubel328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2023, 08:10 AM   #3913
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Moda is silly.

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2023, 08:10 AM   #3914
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJubel328 View Post
This.

As any place, buy the seller.

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2023, 08:29 AM   #3915
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
Moda is silly.

I don’t necessarily disagree but it’s not just moda. It’s all gray dealers. All of them are on moda.
Old 9 April 2023, 04:01 PM   #3916
rolex_pl85
Banned

ALL gray dealers on TRF and any other places are on MODA. You might not see them post with their actual shop front name but they are posting or their employers are posting on there.

I've seen deals on TRF and other non chat mediums where the same watch is posted for significantly higher than what they offer on MODA. IN these cases you can just call them and say your on MODA and your seeing this price and they will mostly be OK with it.

I've done that before in the past.
rolex_pl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2023, 08:58 PM   #3917
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Prices slump by up to 50% for discontinued Rolex watches (Watchpro)

Quote:
ALL gray dealers on TRF and any other places are on MODA. You might not see them post with their actual shop front name but they are posting or their employers are posting on there.

I've seen deals on TRF and other non chat mediums where the same watch is posted for significantly higher than what they offer on MODA. IN these cases you can just call them and say your on MODA and your seeing this price and they will mostly be OK with it.

I recognize them by photography styles. They are all there. $1-2K price differences from what I recall.
Old 10 April 2023, 12:37 AM   #3918
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Watch prices are tanking already. It should go down soon in the next 2 weeks.
Old 10 April 2023, 12:38 AM   #3919
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Prices slump by up to 50% for discontinued Rolex watches (Watchpro)

As Chewie would say it's because all the poors are exiting the game. If they can no longer reliably offload a watch at no loss or a small profit they stop and say oh sh*t, that's $10,000 bro. I can't afford that.
Old 10 April 2023, 02:11 AM   #3920
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
As Chewie would say it's because all the poors are exiting the game. If they can no longer reliably offload a watch at no loss or a small profit they stop and say oh sh*t, that's $10,000 bro. I can't afford that.

Funnily enough I'm surprised it hasn't happened more so yet. I mean sure GMTs are still advertised for 17.5k on this forum but it's anyone still buying?

Daytonas for 33?? Come on!

The ROOs are already trading at MSRP or lower, no one is buying at boutique to flip... ROs are now on the 30s, but somehow still how 30s or low 40s

All I'm seeing is the bump game but no adjustment yet. Reminds me of the current state of the housing market
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 06:56 AM   #3921
samuel019
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
I recognize them by photography styles. They are all there. $1-2K price differences from what I recall.

Exactly. Some even use the same name when tagging a pic. A TS here on TRF has the exact same 506 listed for a 2k difference on Moda. Kinda surprised it was only a 2k difference but as others have stated Moda, despite all their claims, is just like every other selling platform.
Old 10 April 2023, 03:47 PM   #3922
Watchguynyc8300
"TRF" Member

Icon20

What’s a 506?
Watchguynyc8300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 07:41 PM   #3923
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchguynyc8300 View Post
what’s a 506?
116506?!
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2023, 04:23 AM   #3924
Watchguynyc8300
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
116506?!
haha I see it now, gotcha!!
Watchguynyc8300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 12:21 AM   #3925
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Its amazing how people on here refuse to acknowledge this.
ronricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 02:55 AM   #3926
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Its amazing how people on here refuse to acknowledge this.
Most humans, including myself sometimes live in denial mode, or resist to changes to something they are already comfortable with. It’s normal, don’t brood over it
Old 12 April 2023, 11:35 AM   #3927
bay_area_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060M
Ever since they opened Moda to the general public, it is not the real wholesaler group anymore. At best, you can get $500-1k discount from the regular secondary market prices.

I heard there's another group (MDA/RWB?) for actual dealers and where you can get true wholesale prices, but you need to be invited and give $2k to Vadim & crew before you're allowed into their "secret" club.
bay_area_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 12:24 PM   #3928
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay_area_kid View Post
Ever since they opened Moda to the general public, it is not the real wholesaler group anymore. At best, you can get $500-1k discount from the regular secondary market prices.

I heard there's another group (MDA/RWB?) for actual dealers and where you can get true wholesale prices, but you need to be invited and give $2k to Vadim & crew before you're allowed into their "secret" club.
I've been there since almost the start and haven't noticed that much of a difference over time. Most people on there are negotiable.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 02:09 PM   #3929
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

The delta on moda has definitely narrowed. That said, you can haggle dealers and since they have limited overhead on FB, it can go a long way
Old 12 April 2023, 04:02 PM   #3930
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Hulks in this forum now 22-23k…….guess the market is back on the rise……Pepsis back to 20k
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote