The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 11 January 2023, 02:19 AM   #2671
BogdanS
"TRF" Member

126715chnr Rootbeer Rose Mint unpolished, has AM protection stickers, short 1link, Complete, dated 9/2020
$37,490 plus lab.

Lowest Iíve seen so far, well below retail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BogdanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 02:21 AM   #2672
BogdanS
"TRF" Member

Prices slump by up to 50% for discontinued Rolex watches (Watchpro)

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph 26320ST 41mm
26320ST.OO.1220ST.02
October 2015
Excellent Condition
Complete Set
USD$37900 + label

Sitting for 11h, no takers so far.

Old 11 January 2023, 02:22 AM   #2673
BogdanS
"TRF" Member

Prices slump by up to 50% for discontinued Rolex watches (Watchpro)

AP 15500st 41mm
Minty complete. Scrambled serial. 2021
plus or add

Sitting since 27th of Dec.

Old 11 January 2023, 02:31 AM   #2674
BogdanS
"TRF" Member

15500ST - Black Dial
Dated 2020
This gorgeous piece is in preowned condition.
Comes with everything as a full set
Here for , USD +

Sitting for one day, no takers.

Old 11 January 2023, 02:39 AM   #2675
BogdanS
"TRF" Member

AP 26331 black dial 41mm (watch only)
2links short
Very good condition
34.9k shipped

Sitting for 21h.

Old 11 January 2023, 02:45 AM   #2676
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogdanS View Post
15500ST - Black Dial
Dated 2020
Here for , USD +

Thanks. The emojis arenít coming through on the site. Can you update both the 15500w with the pricing? Many thanks
Old 11 January 2023, 03:43 AM   #2677
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuls View Post
Well I have tried buying, on two occasions, a holy trinity steel watch from two different traders - one Middle East based, one US based. On both occasions, the watches were priced well, so perhaps that's all the explanation needed but on both occasions they first reply was quick and the second reply to close the deal was ' sorry already sold'. I am thus a little suspicious of what's really going on at Moda.
What do you mean?
psm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 05:15 AM   #2678
BogdanS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
AP 15500st 41mm
Minty complete. Scrambled serial. 2021
plus or add

Sitting since 27th of Dec.

38.500 plus shipping

Old 11 January 2023, 05:15 AM   #2679
BogdanS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
15500ST - Black Dial
Dated 2020
Here for , USD +

36,950 plus shipping

Old 11 January 2023, 05:18 AM   #2680
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
36,950 plus shipping

Thank you!
Old 11 January 2023, 06:13 AM   #2681
Wuls
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
What do you mean?
I mean exactly what I wrote. Vendors didnít actually seem to want to sell the product to an end user. Of course could have been sold in few minutes between messages but seems unlikely.
Wuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 07:20 AM   #2682
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuls View Post
I mean exactly what I wrote. Vendors didnít actually seem to want to sell the product to an end user. Of course could have been sold in few minutes between messages but seems unlikely.
Interesting. What would be the reason to list and ultimately not sell the piece? Genuinely curious.
psm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 08:11 AM   #2683
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Interesting. What would be the reason to list and ultimately not sell the piece? Genuinely curious.
Market manipulation.....
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 11:13 AM   #2684
Crown & Shield
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
This seems like a massively speculative exercise that everyone is drinking the koolaid on.

Who are buying these watches? Watches are still being sold by ADs, boutiques, and greys. The big greys are still doing business as usual moving inventory. So these moda prices that keep getting posted here....who is buying these watches? If in fact "no one is buying" the market would collapse below retail.

There is this image being painted in this thread that no one is buying, and I think everyone is ignoring the simple fact that if that were true... the market would be FAR WORSE. So can someone actually buy one of these moda watches or know anyone who has?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
Market manipulation.....
Hard to understand what you are trying to get at.
You seem to imply that the greys on Moda are manipulating the market lower
Crown & Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 12:38 PM   #2685
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

RG Olive DD mint full set just sold for 45k. 2018

That’s MSRP + tax…
Old 11 January 2023, 01:03 PM   #2686
Vince M.
Banned

Watch: Meteorite
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgt3 View Post
For others who expect stainless steel pieces to be below retail, will you have a job in that scenario? It's like people who claimed they would buy as much bitcoin as they could sub30k. Few backed up their words.
When I was being offered a hulk at a 20% discount ( that I turned down ) I was making almost as much money as I am now.

Lots of people woke up to the fact that crypto is a total scam so thats a bad point to make.
Vince M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 01:44 PM   #2687
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
All my data points to this Friday as the day we hit bottom.

Agreed. I was a little early on my rock bottom prediction tomorrow; I think youíre right, itíll be Friday

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 01:47 PM   #2688
norcalgt3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince M. View Post
When I was being offered a hulk at a 20% discount ( that I turned down ) I was making almost as much money as I am now.

Lots of people woke up to the fact that crypto is a total scam so thats a bad point to make.
So you're making less money given the massive inflation? Lots of tech layoffs that have happened recently. Economy is in worse shape than before.
norcalgt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 03:38 PM   #2689
Vince M.
Banned

Quote:
So you're making less money given the massive inflation? Lots of tech layoffs that have happened recently. Economy is in worse shape than before.
I'm high enough in the income scale and low enough in the debt scale that I'm essentially un effected by inflation. The only way inflation hurts me is with scarcity of essential items. Tech layoffs are part and parcel of todays society. I do real work, I make sure grocery stores and restaurants around the US are stocked with food.

Unless people stop eating, I am busy no matter what.
Old 11 January 2023, 09:58 PM   #2690
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:

Shouldn't the tech layoffs mainly affect the zeitwerk and not Rolex models ?
Old 11 January 2023, 10:19 PM   #2691
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown & Shield View Post
Hard to understand what you are trying to get at.
You seem to imply that the greys on Moda are manipulating the market lower
Picture this...

Dealers are offering to each other at 16k but bidding each ofter 13k for a particular watch.

One (unscrupulous) dealer needs to have xit some inventory so lists at 15k, and "sells" almost immediately. The whole community see this posted as "sold".

Market then thinks the last trade was 15k, and that the "real" price is 15k not the 13k that can actually be traded at.

Dealers (perhaps more niave ones) or hobbyists on Moda may then bid 14k, not 13k.

Not saying this was happening, but easy to see how prices could be manipulated higher. Google "spoofing" and how people have been caught doing similar in financial markets.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Old 11 January 2023, 10:22 PM   #2692
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Manipulation on MODA is definitely happening, from the asinine comments (“to the moon”, “good deal” when it’s not, “investment piece”), to the fake/boosted sales. Some folks claim “sold” and after a DM, it’s clear they have the watch. On auctions, you see the lister soliciting bids from friends/colleagues, who place shill bids and don't follow through on actually placing the highest bid. Another tell is how often pieces get reposted for.

You’d have to believe in a liquid market with esoteric knowledge from participants, there would be little to no outliers on pricing. This however isn’t the case.
Old 11 January 2023, 11:53 PM   #2693
Crown & Shield
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo View Post
Picture this...

Dealers are offering to each other at 16k but bidding each ofter 13k for a particular watch.

One (unscrupulous) dealer needs to have xit some inventory so lists at 15k, and "sells" almost immediately. The whole community see this posted as "sold".

Market then thinks the last trade was 15k, and that the "real" price is 15k not the 13k that can actually be traded at.

Dealers (perhaps more niave ones) or hobbyists on Moda may then bid 14k, not 13k.

Not saying this was happening, but easy to see how prices could be manipulated higher. Google "spoofing" and how people have been caught doing similar in financial markets.

Read my post again. I was commenting on another post that seemed to imply that greys were trying to drive the market down, hence my perplexity.
Crown & Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2023, 12:13 AM   #2694
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Read my post again. I was commenting on another post that seemed to imply that greys were trying to drive the market down, hence my perplexity.
I see the point now, got it. Your reply was to someone suggesting stuff IS selling otherwise prices would be even lower. Maybe I've confused things :)

My reply was probably more relevant to provide a possible reason why some watches are instantly unavailable/sold IF there is spoofing going on. Not saying there is, as it's a big accusation... I'm sure the watches were just well priced (before the lawyers come for me!) :)

Old 12 January 2023, 01:49 AM   #2695
jgrae
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo View Post
I see the point now, got it. Your reply was to someone suggesting stuff IS selling otherwise prices would be even lower. Maybe I've confused things :)

My reply was probably more relevant to provide a possible reason why some watches are instantly unavailable/sold IF there is spoofing going on. Not saying there is, as it's a big accusation... I'm sure the watches were just well priced (before the lawyers come for me!) :)

Also worth taking into account that there are retail buyers in Moda. Not sure if this is a more recent thing, but they allowed me in (about a month ago) and I'm not a dealer (and didn't pretend like I was). I'm also getting texts from Vadim Moda offering access to more wholesale/dealer pricing. Sounds scammy if I didn't know it were actually a possibility.

Taking your example of a watch with a $16k wholesale ask and $13k wholesale bid. Let's double it and call it $26k-$32k. It's not crazy for the cheapest price on Chrono24/WatchRecon/Forums to be $35k. A retail/hobby watch guy may be very happy to pay $32k, esp newer models with cards. If a dealer has a customer in hand who is interested in buying, that dealer may be very willing to pay $30k and flip it to his customer for $33k ish. A dealer on spec may only be willing to pay $26k. So it could trade for $26k, $30k, or $35k and it's all consistent with a wholesaler bid-ask spread of $26k-$32k.

Also, unless I'm doing something wrong, I don't think it's typical to know the actual sales prices. I see the offer price, sometimes I see a "bid" but almost always there are PMs then the watch is listed as sold (with listing price removed).
jgrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2023, 01:51 AM   #2696
Vince M.
Banned

Quote:
Imagine the scenario where a few major greys want to soak up the little guys/back pack inventory at cut throat prices.

I think once the secondary market truly capitulates, we will see this.
Old 12 January 2023, 02:06 AM   #2697
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Mint 15720st blue dial RO full set - offered at 26.9k. Comes with two extra straps and the OG is unworn. That’s significantly below MSRP + tax.
Old 12 January 2023, 02:31 AM   #2698
jgrae
"TRF" Member

Moda pricing

Also worth taking into account that there are retail buyers in Moda. Not sure if this is a more recent thing, but they allowed me in (about a month ago) and I'm not a dealer (and didn't pretend like I was). I'm also getting texts from Vadim Moda offering access to more wholesale/dealer pricing. Sounds scammy if I didn't know it were actually a possibility.

Taking your example of a watch with a $16k wholesale ask and $13k wholesale bid. Let's double it and call it $26k-$32k. It's not crazy for the cheapest price on Chrono24/WatchRecon/Forums to be $35k. A retail/hobby watch guy may be very happy to pay $32k, esp newer models with cards. If a dealer has a customer in hand who is interested in buying, that dealer may be very willing to pay $30k and flip it to his customer for $33k ish. A dealer on spec may only be willing to pay $26k. So it could trade for $26k, $30k, or $35k and it's all consistent with a wholesaler bid-ask spread of $26k-$32k.

Also, unless I'm doing something wrong, I don't think it's typical to know the actual sales prices. I see the offer price, sometimes I see a "bid" but almost always there are PMs then the watch is listed as sold (with listing price removed).
jgrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2023, 02:32 AM   #2699
ThatOtherGuy7
"TRF" Member

What are BLNR and SS Daytona Panda going for now?
ThatOtherGuy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2023, 02:50 AM   #2700
Watchwoody
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOtherGuy7 View Post
What are BLNR and SS Daytona Panda going for now?
BLNR 14.5 - 17k
Panda 25.5-30k
Watchwoody is offline   Reply With Quote