The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 15 April 2023, 12:34 AM   #31
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
Stole my response.

Edit. Did not realize how old this post was.
Didn’t realize I answered it.

Scotch at 5am is a helluva thing.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2023, 11:37 PM   #32
Tricolore66
"TRF" Member

Kendall Toole

You’re welcome!
Tricolore66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2023, 08:17 PM   #33
R0CKETMAN
"TRF" Member

I’ve ridden road since mid 80s and still do. For me MTB is where it’s at.

I detest indoor trainers unless for weather reasons.

If I were OP I’d stick to MTB or maybe large group road rides
R0CKETMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2023, 10:23 PM   #34
Colorado_kid
2024 Pledge Member

I currently use the Wahoo Kickr and Zwift. Love it but it’s also targeted towards the more cycling focused crowd.

If your goal is just to move the legs a little and watch Netflix, Peloton all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Colorado_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2023, 07:27 AM   #35
jzsj0
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickettt View Post
Yes, I raced xc mountain bikes professionally for a number of years. All of the cyclists I know likened use the Wahoo Kickr and Zwift software. I don't like training indoors, but my opinion is that smart trainers are more realistic than Peloton. Like I said, they're for the gym "spin" people. I have nothing against spinning as a form of exercise...it just ain't cycling.
+1 for Zwift. I had a dumb trainer in the garage years ago and absolutely hated it, an hour seemed like forever. Bought a wahoo smart trainer/ Zwift just before lockdown kicked in and I’ve been very surprised often I use it and how much it’s kept my attention.

In fact, i just finished a ride and it’s Sunday night!!
jzsj0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2023, 08:31 PM   #36
rr.igreid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I’m sure it’s a fine alternative. But did you bike because you enjoyed being outdoors and having all your senses working in the outside environment while getting a workout alone or with a group and then having some beers and discussion? Or did you just like it because it got your HR up and was a workout?

The two are different from speaking with people I know who cycle.
thank you so much for your suggestion
rr.igreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 05:07 AM   #37
rr.igreid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk View Post
So after yet another near trash on my road bike, I’ve decided to cash out and officially retire from road cycling. A bit sad but texting and phone usage has won AND I’m in a very non-biking friendly area. Ordered a peloton badges and pretty excited to give it a whirl. Would love to hear any and all comments or suggestions from those hear that have used the Peloton bike. Thanks
It's understandable that after experiencing multiple close calls while road cycling and considering the prevalence of texting and phone usage, you have made the decision to retire from road cycling. Moving to an indoor exercise option like the Peloton bike can provide a safer and more convenient alternative for your fitness routine.

Peloton has gained popularity for its immersive indoor cycling experience and interactive classes. While I don't have personal experiences as an AI, I can provide some general information and suggestions regarding the Peloton bike:

Take advantage of the Peloton community: Peloton has a large and active online community. Engaging with other Peloton users through forums, social media groups, or official Peloton platforms can offer a sense of connection, motivation, and support.

Explore the variety of classes: Peloton offers a wide range of classes, not only in cycling but also in other disciplines like strength training, yoga, and meditation. Exploring different classes can keep your workouts varied and prevent monotony.

Customize your workouts: Peloton allows you to adjust resistance levels and follow different instructors with unique coaching styles. Experiment with different combinations to find what works best for you and keeps you engaged.

Set goals and track progress: Peloton provides metrics to track your performance, such as distance, speed, resistance, and output. Setting personal goals and monitoring your progress can help you stay motivated and measure your improvement over time.

Consider adding accessories: Depending on your preferences, you may find it helpful to invest in accessories like cycling shoes, a heart rate monitor, or a mat for floor exercises to enhance your Peloton experience.

Remember, it's important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new exercise routine to ensure it aligns with your fitness level and health goals. Enjoy your Peloton journey and embrace the convenience and engagement it offers!
Old 3 June 2023, 06:09 AM   #38
j.mo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langnam View Post
I stopped road riding in 1996, and switched to dirt the same year. I have never looked back. Dirt only, except...spinning and Peloton.

When I was 45 coming back from 5 month off season riding, I found myself really out of shape as if I had never exercised before. I decided to go to the gym and spin myself back to shape. I have been spinning now for 15 years and switched to Peloton during the pandemic.

What a difference between gym spin and Peloton! I'm 60 now and spin 2-3 weekly even when on the mtb on weekends. I do either Intervals, Climb or Tabata all in the 8.2-9.0 range for 30 minute sessions. I have never been in such good shape in my life except during my high school years.

I absolutely crank the sessions and hammer the outdoor rides.

Big believer in the Peloton and the results show it. I am consistently in the top 10-15% on the leaderboard, beating many, many 30-40 year olders.

Big fan, highly recommend to keep yourself in shape.

When I have my physical, my Dr. tells me I have the heartbeat of an elite athlete.

I take that as a Peloton endorsement.

I enjoy my peloton. It is the simplest form of “enjoyable” cardio. I ride it in the mornings before heading to the gym.

However, the metrics are somewhat a joke I think. I ride in the 110bpm breathing In and out only through my nose, and I consistently ride in the top 5-7% range for the classes.

I think the platform could be focused more on fitness, and less on inclusion. But I get it, they need subscribers for their business model.

j.mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 12:58 PM   #39
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
I’m sure most peloton users have seen the emails already, but just a PSA there is a recall out on the original peloton bike for the seat post. Replaced free of charge if you request one on peloton’s website. Just don’t want to see anyone get hurt if they didn’t see the recall
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2023, 02:39 AM   #40
Ballzzz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
I’m sure most peloton users have seen the emails already, but just a PSA there is a recall out on the original peloton bike for the seat post. Replaced free of charge if you request one on peloton’s website. Just don’t want to see anyone get hurt if they didn’t see the recall
I looked for the barcode tag on the inner front fork and I dont see a PO-1 so I guess its not the rig I have? They say the barcode tag is on the inner front fork, but my tag seems to be on the outer front fork, I think im ok.
Old 13 June 2023, 04:04 PM   #41
rr.igreid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
I enjoy my peloton. It is the simplest form of “enjoyable” cardio. I ride it in the mornings before heading to the gym.

However, the metrics are somewhat a joke I think. I ride in the 110bpm breathing In and out only through my nose, and I consistently ride in the top 5-7% range for the classes.

I think the platform could be focused more on fitness, and less on inclusion. But I get it, they need subscribers for their business model.

In-depth Peloton weights review
thank you so much for your response
Old 13 June 2023, 05:31 PM   #42
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
I looked for the barcode tag on the inner front fork and I dont see a PO-1 so I guess its not the rig I have? They say the barcode tag is on the inner front fork, but my tag seems to be on the outer front fork, I think im ok.
See I didn’t even look for the barcode; when I logged into my peloton account I used when I purchased the bike it automatically popped up the recall info, so you’re likely right that you have a different version if you didn’t get any emails or other pop up notifications on your account about the recall.
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote