The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 8 June 2023, 01:35 AM   #31
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobster600 View Post
Honestly i dont believe that. I dont believe someone would actually pay that much for this watch. Until I see proof like a bank wire or some sort of evidence im not believing this story. Ever hear the phrase, "believe none of what your read and half of what you hear".

It could be a scam to pump up the value. Someone, puts an absurd bid that never gets paid for. It makes the next buyer think they are getting a good deal.

The naive and gullible are the one's who get fooled into these sky high watch prices
You don't know what you are talking about, sorry.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 02:40 AM   #32
MILGAUSS88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Weren't there some IP/copyright complications with Iron Man? Very hazy memory, now that APWorldTour mentioned it.
I believe you are thinking of the Hulk.
Marvel has the production rights, but Universal Studios owns the distribution rights.

Marvel sued the triathlon over the use of Iron Man, not the other way around.
After all, the comic came first.
MILGAUSS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 02:42 AM   #33
APWorldTour
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILGAUSS88 View Post
I believe you are thinking of the Hulk.
Marvel has the production rights, but Universal Studios owns the distribution rights.

Marvel sued the triathlon over the use of Iron Man, not the other way around.
After all, the comic came first.

Watch the video linked above. Francois explains that Iron Man will not be possible due to the competition.
APWorldTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 03:17 AM   #34
raclaims
"TRF" Member

I wonder if the same guys who bought that fugazzi Omega Speedy for $3m bought this one lol
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 04:30 AM   #35
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
I do like Spiderman as a comic character but just no. Perhaps hate is to strong a word for this watch but maybe just ugly AF. I am quite sure I am in the minority here as I do not get Richard Mille watches either. Refer to the second sentence. I could see it as a novelty watch after completion of shooting say a Spiderman movie. Not something I would wear in public even if I had the cash to simply throw away. Reminds me of those toys you could get out of a cereal box if you enclose 6 box tops and $9.99 for shipping and handling.
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 06:34 AM   #36
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2 View Post
I do like Spiderman as a comic character but just no. Perhaps hate is to strong a word for this watch but maybe just ugly AF. I am quite sure I am in the minority here as I do not get Richard Mille watches either. Refer to the second sentence. I could see it as a novelty watch after completion of shooting say a Spiderman movie. Not something I would wear in public even if I had the cash to simply throw away. Reminds me of those toys you could get out of a cereal box if you enclose 6 box tops and $9.99 for shipping and handling.
Your cereal toys come with tourbillons?

If I had the money and access, I would definitely get one and wear it whenever I can. I wonder how many of the haters have actually looked at some real-life shots/videos, instead of the crappy AP render (or simultaneously over- and underprocessed photo; I don't even know how they get those to look so shitty).
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
Old 8 June 2023, 07:11 AM   #37
Napaswar
"TRF" Member

Many watch people seem to they can't cross the line of classic, simple, and elegant as the key definitions of a nice watch.

In the era of social media, hype, vibrant, and dynamic where the meanings of great watches are blurred. It depends on which eyes we use to look at those crafts. I personally love PP 5970 or Rexhep Rexhepi while Richard Mille or Spidy are kind of cool for creativity and out-of-the-box of Haute Horlogerie.

Some of my young folks who can afford grail pieces said 2499 was freakin boring or what's exciting about Rolex with the same & basic movements which they are not wrong to say so.
Napaswar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 07:15 AM   #38
SudiYunus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier Panthere
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG View Post
There goes the neighborhood. Maybe this is why the CEO bailed.

Guess if I wanted to give my six year old a $200,000 watch, this would be an okay option. Kind of big for his wrist though

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/new-rel...der-man-watch/
DJ 36 White Dial ,CasiOak
Sub ND
SudiYunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 07:16 AM   #39
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
Quote:
Your cereal toys come with tourbillons?

If I had the money and access, I would definitely get one and wear it whenever I can. I wonder how many of the haters have actually looked at some real-life shots/videos, instead of the crappy AP render (or simultaneously over- and underprocessed photo; I don't even know how they get those to look so shitty).
Usually the toys come with crunch berries.

@VogelPhoenix, You have an incredible collection of beautiful watches. I am rethinking sharing my thoughts on this particular piece. I should have just said it holds no attraction for me aesthetically… Beyond that, I wouldn't purchase a watch based on what other people think anyways. If you like it, then that's all that matters.
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 10:36 AM   #40
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
You don't know what you are talking about, sorry.
Thats okay. I know enough to not to buy that AP for $6.2mil

Take a look at this article. $3.4mil Omega sold was a fake. Dont believe everything you hear my friend.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/most...173000132.html
mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 02:18 PM   #41
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2 View Post
Usually the toys come with crunch berries.
I should have just said it holds no attraction for me aesthetically…
Perfectly fair
Old 8 June 2023, 02:25 PM   #42
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobster600 View Post
Thats okay. I know enough to not to buy that AP for $6.2mil

Take a look at this article. $3.4mil Omega sold was a fake. Dont believe everything you hear my friend.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/most...173000132.html
One of the highest bidders in the BP auction is a major client in a boutique I frequent. Would be more than odd for AP to fake the final bid when they could have just taken the guys money.

That the overall auction business has more than its fair share of bad actors is a different story, and one I don't doubt. Some of the Perezcope articles are eye-opening.
Old 16 June 2023, 06:51 AM   #43
HubbleNox
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
I'm holding out for Pokemon
HubbleNox is offline   Reply With Quote