The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 April 2023, 12:03 AM   #3841
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2023 EXPLORER 40 Patron
 
Old Expat Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Real Name: Adam
Location: Hong Kong
Watch: SEIKO
Posts: 27,673
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3194.JPG (266.0 KB, 270 views)
__________________
_______________________

instagram.com/oldexpatbeast
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2023, 04:51 AM   #3842
TNT009
"TRF" Member
 
TNT009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,662



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TNT009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2023, 06:42 AM   #3843
TNT009
"TRF" Member
 
TNT009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,662



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TNT009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2023, 06:36 AM   #3844
TNT009
"TRF" Member
 
TNT009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,662




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TNT009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2023, 09:25 AM   #3845
thedak
"TRF" Member
 
thedak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,467
thedak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2023, 09:29 AM   #3846
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Michigan
Posts: 596

Iím going to have to try REALLY hard not to drink this all too fast. Itís pretty d@mn tasty!

My first pour ever tonight and I like it quite a lot. Iím not a hype guy but I did want to see what all the fuss was about. Itís definitely worth the MSRP but Iím not sure Iíd go much over that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lesnerelli23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2023, 08:59 PM   #3847
RonnyFox
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 20
Tequila ?
RonnyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2023, 09:01 PM   #3848
RonnyFox
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 20
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20230504_104028369.MP.jpg (218.8 KB, 196 views)
RonnyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2023, 09:05 PM   #3849
RonnyFox
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 20
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20230504_104134640.jpg (221.3 KB, 198 views)
RonnyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2023, 09:08 PM   #3850
RonnyFox
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 20
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20230504_104304873.jpg (234.3 KB, 197 views)
RonnyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2023, 09:17 AM   #3851
TNT009
"TRF" Member
 
TNT009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,662
TGIF bottle kill


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TNT009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2023, 06:26 PM   #3852
Kensk
2023 Pledge Member
 
Kensk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Real Name: Ken
Location: UK
Watch: 116233
Posts: 760
Not drinking this but it's my late brother's bottle of Seagram's Crown Royal which has been sitting in my cabinet since 1968. Don't think I'll ever open it now.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
__________________
Justified and Ancient
Kensk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2023, 07:59 AM   #3853
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Michigan
Posts: 596


Anyone else enjoy this one? Hard to find at retail but worth the searchÖ at least I think so


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lesnerelli23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2023, 09:00 AM   #3854
eskiserkan
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Bursa
Watch: 116500LN
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesnerelli23 View Post


Anyone else enjoy this one? Hard to find at retail but worth the searchÖ at least I think so


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah its is good and 18 is betterÖ
eskiserkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2023, 09:30 AM   #3855
FLGatorM5
2023 ROLEX EXPLORER 40 x2 Pledge Member
 
FLGatorM5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: FL
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensk View Post
Not drinking this but it's my late brother's bottle of Seagram's Crown Royal which has been sitting in my cabinet since 1968. Don't think I'll ever open it now.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing. Pretty cool bottle. Iíd be dying to try it though. I have some empty bottles from some late family members but nothing vintage or full.
FLGatorM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2023, 10:50 AM   #3856
Dr. Robert
"TRF" Member
 
Dr. Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Real Name: Bob
Location: U.S.A.
Watch: 1655
Posts: 58,904
Happy Friday


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Founder & Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Dr. Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2023, 12:54 PM   #3857
Dan Pierce
2023 Rolex 16710 GMT Pledge Member
 
Dan Pierce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Real Name: D'OH!
Location: Kentucky
Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Posts: 35,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Robert View Post
Happy Friday


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enjoyed one myself today.
dP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Old Fashion TRF.JPG (157.2 KB, 170 views)
__________________
TRF Member# 1668
Bass Player in TRF "AFTER DARK" Bar & NightClub Band
Commander-in-Chief of The Nylon Nation
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2023, 02:15 PM   #3858
TNT009
"TRF" Member
 
TNT009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,662
Happy CDM


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TNT009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2023, 06:30 AM   #3859
thedak
"TRF" Member
 
thedak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,467
thedak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2023, 07:45 AM   #3860
Shmoopy
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: USA/EU
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT009 View Post
Happy CDM


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thoughts on this tequila?

My client gave me a bottle. I haven't cracked it yet...
Shmoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2023, 10:23 AM   #3861
RyanO
2023 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Real Name: Ryan
Location: DMV
Watch: LVc
Posts: 1,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmoopy View Post
Thoughts on this tequila?

My client gave me a bottle. I haven't cracked it yet...

Had it and wow - best Iíve had!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2023, 11:17 AM   #3862
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Michigan
Posts: 596
I opened the Eagle Rare tonight for the first timeÖ.

Iím a little underwhelmed, Iím thinking it might be a bit overrated. I certainly wouldnít pay over retail for itÖ. If one is willing to drop $60+ for Eagle Rare, do yourself a favor and get Woodford Double Oak instead!!!

This first taste is obviously a neck pour so Iíll save a fair opinion for the next two or three tries but so farÖ meh


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lesnerelli23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2023, 12:09 PM   #3863
logo
"TRF" Member
 
logo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: North America
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesnerelli23 View Post
I opened the Eagle Rare tonight for the first timeÖ.

Iím a little underwhelmed, Iím thinking it might be a bit overrated. I certainly wouldnít pay over retail for itÖ. If one is willing to drop $60+ for Eagle Rare, do yourself a favor and get Woodford Double Oak instead!!!

This first taste is obviously a neck pour so Iíll save a fair opinion for the next two or three tries but so farÖ meh


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Itís a decent bottle. Itís a bit better than buffalo trace (which I still like), but itís far away from being EH Taylor. I do like the cherry note that they all have, but the only one worth the hunt IMO is EH Taylor - BT is often available and is great value though. But I really like Woodford Reserve too. Just recently picked up the standard Woodford Reserve with the 149 Derby / Secretariat label, which I think is pretty cool - gotta respect the tremendous machine (great races this weekend as well).
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2023, 12:23 PM   #3864
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Michigan
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
Itís a decent bottle. Itís a bit better than buffalo trace (which I still like), but itís far away from being EH Taylor. I do like the cherry note that they all have, but the only one worth the hunt IMO is EH Taylor - BT is often available and is great value though. But I really like Woodford Reserve too. Just recently picked up the standard Woodford Reserve with the 149 Derby / Secretariat label, which I think is pretty cool - gotta respect the tremendous machine (great races this weekend as well).

Thanks for the insight! I will be on the lookout for the EHT next. I actually may be visiting the distillery at the end of the month!

I too picked up the same woodford Secretariat bottle! Great visual addition to my bar :)

The Eagle Rare isnít horrible by any means and I did pickup that cherry note you mentioned. I just canít imagine paying some of the prices Iíve seen this go for up to $75+. I did enjoy Blantonís more.

Regarding Woodford if you havenít tried the Double Oak yet, do yourself a favor :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lesnerelli23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2023, 03:02 PM   #3865
logo
"TRF" Member
 
logo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: North America
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesnerelli23 View Post
Thanks for the insight! I will be on the lookout for the EHT next. I actually may be visiting the distillery at the end of the month!

I too picked up the same woodford Secretariat bottle! Great visual addition to my bar :)

The Eagle Rare isnít horrible by any means and I did pickup that cherry note you mentioned. I just canít imagine paying some of the prices Iíve seen this go for up to $75+. I did enjoy Blantonís more.

Regarding Woodford if you havenít tried the Double Oak yet, do yourself a favor :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes double oak is very nice, almost dessert like. Big chocolate note from what I recall. Maybe once I finish the Secretariat Iíll buy a double oak and pour it into the secretariat bottle to keep big red on the shelf.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2023, 09:51 PM   #3866
TNT009
"TRF" Member
 
TNT009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmoopy View Post
Thoughts on this tequila?

My client gave me a bottle. I haven't cracked it yet...
Its a great sipper. Only downside is the low proof, you can drink several and still be good. I just think a higher proof would be better!
TNT009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2023, 07:33 AM   #3867
TNT009
"TRF" Member
 
TNT009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,662




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TNT009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2023, 09:30 AM   #3868
Starhutch
2023 ROLEX EXPLORER 40 Pledge Member
 
Starhutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Real Name: HUTCH
Location: USA
Watch: PROBLEM
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmoopy View Post
Thoughts on this tequila?

My client gave me a bottle. I haven't cracked it yet...
Just enjoyed this myself and thought it was absolutely fantastic!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6F3BB8E5-C051-49FD-91D0-2DE4B6B501D7.jpeg (285.6 KB, 125 views)
Starhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2023, 11:19 AM   #3869
TNT009
"TRF" Member
 
TNT009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,662




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TNT009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2023, 04:55 AM   #3870
TNT009
"TRF" Member
 
TNT009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,662



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TNT009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DavidSW Watches


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2023, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.