The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 4 June 2023, 10:12 PM   #1531
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Richard, so sorry to hear about the pending divorce. Always difficult. Your project looks amazing and your car collection is great.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2023, 10:19 PM   #1532
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Car Love Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Richard, so sorry to hear about the pending divorce. Always difficult. Your project looks amazing and your car collection is great.
Sorry to hear as well Richard; hoping you can go through the process quickly and move on with your plans; house project is looking great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2023, 10:46 PM   #1533
Gary Busey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richris1 View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This looks spectacular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doxa Sub 200, SKX009
Aquastar Deepstar
Gary Busey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2023, 11:18 PM   #1534
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Busey View Post
This looks spectacular
That's a lot of shiny toys!
Old 5 June 2023, 07:54 AM   #1535
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Just following up….
The process slowed a little by weather, subs being shuffled around, etc….
Cars being shuffled, traded, sold etc…over the last couple months due to impending divorce.
Those of you who have been through it (DIVORCE)….You know what I mean about having to shuffle some things, trade some things, make things agreeable/peaceful, etc.…
I’m good with what I’ve got!
It’s almost finished… Just some little tweaks here and there, some artwork to be hung, etc.…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

PM sent
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2023, 09:02 AM   #1536
ras47
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Beautiful cars

I have had a few

My first Mercedes, great little car, hated to part with it.

My first BMW, this one was fun and relatively few problems, made the mistake of moving up

My last BMW, total nightmare and will never own the brand again

Went back to Mercedes, car was flawless, only traded it because I could

My current car and she is a dream
While I am enjoying my Subaru Outback, the anti-fancy choice, my wife has the Mercedes GLE-400 and loves it like our children.

I never intended to get her a Mercedes. We had a series of Infiniti QX-56's and believed they represented the highest level of luxe out there. We would still be getting them if not for the re-design that we both hated. Infiniti forced us to look elsewhere for a luxury SUV and my wife suggested we look at Mercedes. I scoffed at the idea - too expensive! But eventually we went for a peek. I made her promise several times that she understood we were only in the exploratory stage and we didn't even want a test drive. Many more brands out there to consider.

"Yeah, yeah, I understand. Just looking around."

So we trot off to a dealership and my intention was to shoot down the idea of buying a Mercedes, pointing out every reason along the way as to why we were NOT going with this brand. Next thing I knew we were walking out of the dealership and I stopped dead in my tracks. It's all a blur to me, but somehow we had a lease for a brand new Mercedes SUV. I was confused and she was grinning like a crazy person.
Old 6 June 2023, 04:51 AM   #1537
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndong888 View Post
White is sooo nice. Ok I might be biased. Also, have such a soft spot for 430s.

OMG. That's terrible. The birds must be huge where you live.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1ce96db1cdcd3225dca8d8600985b682x.jpg (151.8 KB, 423 views)
Old 6 June 2023, 04:56 AM   #1538
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Just following up….
Cars being shuffled, traded, sold etc…over the last couple months due to impending divorce.
That sucks. Sorry to hear that.
Old 6 June 2023, 05:40 AM   #1539
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Rich....man. The garage looks sick.

Sorry to hear about the divorce. I can relate to it exactly as I am nearing the two year point on my split. The entirety of it sucks. And I still many things about my marriage.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I definitely encourage you to DM me if you like. I kid you not, one of my TRF buddies got me through my divorce. And he told me during the endless phone calls, that I had helped him get through his the year prior.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2023, 11:50 AM   #1540
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Rich....man. The garage looks sick.

Sorry to hear about the divorce. I can relate to it exactly as I am nearing the two year point on my split. The entirety of it sucks. And I still many things about my marriage.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I definitely encourage you to DM me if you like. I kid you not, one of my TRF buddies got me through my divorce. And he told me during the endless phone calls, that I had helped him get through his the year prior.
I appreciate the kind words Seth! Thank you very much. I’ll contact you.
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2023, 10:20 PM   #1541
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
Richard, the garage looks spectacular. What are your plans for the upper level?
joeychitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2023, 01:18 AM   #1542
rmlovett1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
Richard, the garage looks spectacular. What are your plans for the upper level?
Thank you. For the loft so far…I have a sectional couch, an engine block coffee table, 70 or 75 tv. Behind the barn door…. Kitchen sink, counter/cabinet space, microwave, refrigerator, and toilet.
Old 8 June 2023, 01:45 AM   #1543
Carguy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
Calling all my fellow car enthusiasts, I need to “poll the room” and would love any insight or recommendations anyone can offer. My 2018 Trackhawk has recently started to feel like it’s floating and wandering, it’s especially bad above 80mph and beyond. Happens under throttle as well as when coasting, but it’s the worst immediately after lifting off heavy throttle at speed (pulling from low speed up to 80mph+ then lifting off). In sweeping corners it feels like it’s fighting against itself. Almost feels like the body is loose and “wobbly” on top of the drivetrain.

Alignment checked out dead on perfect, double checked wheel balance no issues there. Tires are new and inflated evenly. The master technician at the Jeep dealership seems stumped. They are replacing both front control arms this week to see if that helps (under warranty so no cost to me), but just wondering if any of you fellow gear heads have any thoughts or input. Kind of feels like they are just throwing parts at it since they don’t really know what’s causing it.

Thanks in advance!

Trackhawk update: my fears were proven correct. They replaced both front control arms on Monday afternoon and gave it back to me. Now above 60mph the float/wobble is so bad it’s not driveable, so whatever is actually wrong was exacerbated by the new control arms.. Had to put it back in the shop yesterday only to have my service manager tell me that it has to “get back in line” to get re-looked at since there was already a pile of work scheduled, so who knows when they’ll get to it and if they can figure it out. A paint and body work guy I trust with 30 years of experience wants to check the subframe to see if something is out of sorts there, but overall super frustrating that no one can pinpoint what’s wrong.

Please don’t kick me out of the thread if I have a new truck for my avatar by Friday lol. Or talk me off the ledge if you think I should stick it out. Thanks for letting me vent guys!
Old 8 June 2023, 01:57 AM   #1544
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Trackhawk update: my fears were proven correct. They replaced both front control arms on Monday afternoon and gave it back to me. Now above 60mph the float/wobble is so bad it’s not driveable, so whatever is actually wrong was exacerbated by the new control arms.. Had to put it back in the shop yesterday only to have my service manager tell me that it has to “get back in line” to get re-looked at since there was already a pile of work scheduled, so who knows when they’ll get to it and if they can figure it out. A paint and body work guy I trust with 30 years of experience wants to check the subframe to see if something is out of sorts there, but overall super frustrating that no one can pinpoint what’s wrong.

Please don’t kick me out of the thread if I have a new truck for my avatar by Friday lol. Or talk me off the ledge if you think I should stick it out. Thanks for letting me vent guys!
wowoowowoow. I would be livid. back of the line??????

that alone would be call for me to say

imo, it is time to move on. but it is me, so take that with a grain of salt. maybe a few grains.

I would be on the hunt tho. then again, I am on the hunt. I am always on the hunt....

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 02:14 AM   #1545
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:

Ditch Mopar. Ditch anything new and fancy. Get yourself a clean 99 7.3, make it 100%, stick a King Ranch interior in it and you’ve got a truck that will last you 1,000,000 miles and still turn heads for half the trade in on the TrackHawk.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 02:33 AM   #1546
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
This could be way off the reservation, but as a Jeep Wrangler owner for 2 versions/years and 20-30 years, what I'd be tempted to do is take the vehicle to one of the Jeep specialty shops that jack up jeeps (doesn't everyone jack up their jeeps) and get one of their older guys to have a look at it.

These guys know jeep suspension, inside and out and may be way better than a Jeep dealership mechanic at diagnosing what is the issue. Every jacked up Wrangler has suspension issues/dynamics that have to be adjudicated and that's all these guys do, all day, every day.

Even though yours is not a Wrangler they still could probably immediately see what is causing speed wobble and figure it out. Speed wobble is probably the most common thing to happen when jacking up these things, and they deal with it all the time.

I realize yours is probably stock, but I still think these guys can figure it out.

My 2 cents. Good luck.
Old 8 June 2023, 02:36 AM   #1547
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Get rid of if.
Old 8 June 2023, 02:38 AM   #1548
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
Quote:

Did you buy the car new? How long is the factory warranty for?
DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 02:47 AM   #1549
m32
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Did you check if your shocks/struts are blown? Motor mounts?

Edwin
m32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 06:30 AM   #1550
Carguy87

Quote:

imo, it is time to move on. but it is me, so take that with a grain of salt. maybe a few grains.

I would be on the hunt tho. then again, I am on the hunt. I am always on the hunt....
I can always count on Seth to back the vote for a new ride! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
Ditch Mopar. Ditch anything new and fancy. Get yourself a clean 99 7.3, make it 100%, stick a King Ranch interior in it and you’ve got a truck that will last you 1,000,000 miles and still turn heads for half the trade in on the TrackHawk.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
Probably what I should do Goat, but working in automotive retail I’ve had a different/new vehicle every 3-12 months for the last 8 years and that’s probably never going to change unless I slow down one day and find something I want to keep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
This could be way off the reservation, but as a Jeep Wrangler owner for 2 versions/years and 20-30 years, what I'd be tempted to do is take the vehicle to one of the Jeep specialty shops that jack up jeeps (doesn't everyone jack up their jeeps) and get one of their older guys to have a look at it.

These guys know jeep suspension, inside and out and may be way better than a Jeep dealership mechanic at diagnosing what is the issue. Every jacked up Wrangler has suspension issues/dynamics that have to be adjudicated and that's all these guys do, all day, every day.

Even though yours is not a Wrangler they still could probably immediately see what is causing speed wobble and figure it out. Speed wobble is probably the most common thing to happen when jacking up these things, and they deal with it all the time.

I realize yours is probably stock, but I still think these guys can figure it out.

My 2 cents. Good luck.
Thanks Blansky! That’s basically what I’m doing with the body shop guy I’m having look at it. He’s done all the custom fabrication work on my boss’ $250k Wrangler 392. Took it to the frame and built everything custom from there, so I’m hoping he has some insight soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Get rid of if.
+1 for offing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTee View Post
Did you buy the car new? How long is the factory warranty for?
No bought it used with 8k miles. I have a comprehensive extended warranty that paid for the new control arms I didn’t need, and will in theory pay for whatever is wrong with it. Issue right now is not being able to get to the bottom of what’s wrong with it and I’m getting frustrated. Plus if I trade it for something less expensive my annual watch budget goes up, so I feel like everyone here can relate to that benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m32 View Post
Did you check if your shocks/struts are blown? Motor mounts?

Edwin
That’s on the list of things I want them to go re-check now that they’ve billed $1,000’s to the extended warranty for parts it didn’t need in the first place.
Old 8 June 2023, 09:43 AM   #1551
rmlovett1

Quote:

⬆️⬆️⬆️ what Seth said!
Old 9 June 2023, 06:31 AM   #1552
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Car Love Thread

New Lexus GX550 going to slap. Debuts tonight at 8 and release probably Q4.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LexusGX/com...tm_medium=mweb
Old 9 June 2023, 09:03 AM   #1553
Carguy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmlovett1 View Post
⬆️⬆️⬆️ what Seth said!
Took this advice! Found a badass black on black Ram 1500 in Idaho; worked out a great deal flying up tomorrow to pick it up and drive it home. Pics to follow!
Old 9 June 2023, 11:17 AM   #1554
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Took this advice! Found a badass black on black Ram 1500 in Idaho; worked out a great deal flying up tomorrow to pick it up and drive it home. Pics to follow!

Congrats!
Old 9 June 2023, 08:15 PM   #1555
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Awesome truck! Post pics when you pick it up! Congrats man!
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2023, 08:24 PM   #1556
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Quote:

I saw this and was pumped as I am STILL in the mkt. But then I saw a review and the drivers ergonomics. Yeah prolly not gonna work for me but a huge, leap forward for this model as far as I’m concerned. The real question is, with the prado supposedly coming over too, what happens to the 4Runner?????

Sent using Tapatalk
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 03:38 AM   #1557
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchitect View Post
I saw this and was pumped as I am STILL in the mkt. But then I saw a review and the drivers ergonomics. Yeah prolly not gonna work for me but a huge, leap forward for this model as far as I’m concerned. The real question is, with the prado supposedly coming over too, what happens to the 4Runner?????

Sent using Tapatalk

From what I hear the LC will be a very bronco like truck likely with a turbo hybrid 4 banger. I think it will be an FJ to the 4R. It still seems like a crowded room I agree. It may not be a full 250 Prado but a step smaller. Will have to wait and see.
Old 10 June 2023, 03:53 AM   #1558
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:

Such a cool looking truck. Love that square chiseled look, very muscular. Tom, you getting one?
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 04:46 AM   #1559
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmlovett1 View Post
Just following up….
Those of you who have been through it (DIVORCE)….You know what I mean about having to shuffle some things, trade some things, make things agreeable/peaceful, etc.…
I’m good with what I’ve got!
It’s almost finished… Just some little tweaks here and there, some artwork to be hung, etc.…
Well done Richard, looks fantastic

So sorry to hear about your divorce. I hope it goes as smoothly as posisble.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 03:59 PM   #1560
Carguy87

So as promised, here’s pics from my trip up to Boise to pick up my new truck. The team at Larry H Miller Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in Boise was top notch! Can’t say enough good things; made me a more than fair deal, were kind and professional, and even picked me up from the airport to save on an Uber. If anyone is in the market for a CJDR vehicle in the Boise area (or within reasonable flying distance) shoot me a PM and I’ll put you in touch with the sales manager that helped me out.

And now, pictures!

Started out the day with my JC (wish I had a GMT for the journey since there’s a time change, but still waiting for a call)

My local AD has given up on spending advertising space on Rolex at the airport, but at least you can walk in and buy a TT BlackBay lol.

Can’t be in a Nevada airport without some slot machines!

Finally boarded and ready to roll!

Some cool shots of Lake Tahoe on the way to my connection in Oakland

After an hour delay in Oakland for a mechanical issue, finally made it to Boise!

Headed to the store where they had the truck detailed and ready to roll

Finished up the paperwork and headed into downtown for some lunch before hitting the road.

Bitter Creek Alehouse for lunch; awesome spot in downtown recommended by the guys at the dealership; they didn’t steer me wrong.

After lunch, hit the road for the 400+ mile drive home; lots of open range and farmland. Just made it back a bit ago…now to sleep so I can go to work tomorrow lol. Thanks for checking out the pics everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline