The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 July 2022, 10:33 AM   #1
dannyp
Banned

And another Chicago-area AD gone

Just noticed tonight that, in the past two weeks, CDP Old Orchard has lost both Rolex and Tudor. I know that chain has had its repetitional issues, but always liked walking there since the guy typically manning the Rolex section on weekends was always very pleasant to chat with.

Wonder it it was:

a) Rolex pulling the lines
b) Store decision to consolidate allocation to other locations (what I heard happened w/J&S in town)
c) Closing the location (haven't been in recently, not sure if they're shuttering it or not)
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 11:31 AM   #2
aleexxxxx
Banned

Watch: 116520
What? My wife just picked up her DJ from here last week.
aleexxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 11:41 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
If Rolex had brains they would pull ALL ads and have one mega Rolex compound in Lebanon Kansas!!! Fly customers in by pj and have a resort built next door so you can wait for your watch.

This is the future!!!!
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 12:19 PM   #4
Smobews
"TRF" Member

Watch: The BIG ones
I think they lost it because of running their Rolex business as a feeder for gray market
Smobews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 12:37 PM   #5
kittansett
"TRF" Member

If my recollection is accurate, this was the branch that had the litigation for Rolex watches a few years ago.
kittansett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 12:41 PM   #6
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
Just noticed tonight that, in the past two weeks, CDP Old Orchard has lost both Rolex and Tudor. I know that chain has had its repetitional issues, but always liked walking there since the guy typically manning the Rolex section on weekends was always very pleasant to chat with.

Wonder it it was:

b) Store decision to consolidate allocation to other locations (what I heard happened w/J&S in town)
c) Closing the location (haven't been in recently, not sure if they're shuttering it or not)
My grandmother used to live near that mall many years ago and it was really a nice place. I truly wonder why Rolex is closing up the known world of Rolex in jewelry stores?
Old 25 July 2022, 12:46 PM   #7
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smobews View Post
I think they lost it because of running their Rolex business as a feeder for gray market
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittansett View Post
If my recollection is accurate, this was the branch that had the litigation for Rolex watches a few years ago.
Thought of that, but seems a little late, if this were the reason I’d have expected it to happen some time ago.

Perhaps that put them on double secret probation and they violated further?
Old 25 July 2022, 12:54 PM   #8
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Quote:
bingo
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 12:56 PM   #9
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
My grandmother used to live near that mall many years ago and it was really a nice place. I truly wonder why Rolex is closing up the known world of Rolex in jewelry stores?
Old orchard may be an exception but malls are dying. Hard to believe not that many years ago CDP was also in Northbrook Court and had PP there. Now that one is a ghost town. Haven’t been to the other malls with Rolex jewelers in the area.
Old 25 July 2022, 01:04 PM   #10
Goupax
"TRF" Member

Good riddance to those crooks abusing visas from chinese students to feed the asian grey market.
Goupax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 01:56 PM   #11
Smobews
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Old orchard may be an exception but malls are dying. Hard to believe not that many years ago CDP was also in Northbrook Court and had PP there. Now that one is a ghost town. Haven’t been to the other malls with Rolex jewelers in the area.
There is a Rolex store in the Old Orchard.
Old 25 July 2022, 02:59 PM   #12
smallcollector
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Wonder it it was:

Are you 100% certain its gone?
smallcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 10:07 PM   #13
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
There is a Rolex store in the Old Orchard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallcollector View Post
Are you 100% certain its gone?
Nothing between downtown Chicago and Highland Park when looking on Rolex website.
Old 25 July 2022, 10:08 PM   #14
AbeFroman
Banned

Is this indeed the same location that had the scandal last year with the lawsuit from the former employee?
AbeFroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 10:51 PM   #15
Smobews
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nothing between downtown Chicago and Highland Park when looking on Rolex website.
weird because it shows up on Apple Maps
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 7.44.52 AM.png (86.8 KB, 1600 views)
Old 25 July 2022, 11:35 PM   #16
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I know you’re right. Where I live, they have a Nordstrom, Tiffanies, Louis Vuitton, and WOS at one end of the mall. This was a high end mall but for the last year or so it seems to have been leased to a bunch of low end jewelry, shoe and clothing stores. Now they have experienced the dozen hooded and masked invaders performing a smash and grab and disappearing into stolen cars and up the highway before people knew what hit them. The good news, the Rolex boutique at WOS wasn’t touched because all they have is exhibition models and wait lists lol!
Old 25 July 2022, 11:55 PM   #17
Alex369
"TRF" Member

It is true the that CDP location at Old Orchard will no longer carry Rolex. However, I was told the CDP location at Oakbrook will have a huge Rolex built out...can anyone corroborate?
Alex369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 12:32 AM   #18
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex369 View Post
It is true the that CDP location at Old Orchard will no longer carry Rolex. However, I was told the CDP location at Oakbrook will have a huge Rolex built out...can anyone corroborate?
I live about 3-4 miles from the Oak Brook location, but haven't bothered to go in for 3 or 4 years. I believe it was this location that had the whistleblower/gray market-feeding lawsuit several years ago. Seems the Hinsdale Razny -- which I used to walk to -- is no longer a Rolex dealer, although one or two of their other Chicagoland locations still are.
Old 26 July 2022, 01:19 AM   #19
turfmanjon
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I was just at CDP in OakBrook last weekend, spent a lot of time talking to them, and put in for a DD that they said shouldn’t take too long hopefully. No mention of getting rid of Rolex. They did lose Patek in the last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
turfmanjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 01:33 AM   #20
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
There’s a separate entrance to the Rolex part of CDP, but it’s not actually a stand-alone per se. And that location odd exactly where it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex369 View Post
No idea, but then it might make sense that there was a request to consolidate allocation. That’s what happened with J&S (according to store manager) and why the city location dropped Rolex. Naperville location was opening, would be bigger, and would even have service center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
I live about 3-4 miles from the Oak Brook location, but haven't bothered to go in for 3 or 4 years. I believe it was this location that had the whistleblower/gray market-feeding lawsuit several years ago. Seems the Hinsdale Razny -- which I used to walk to -- is no longer a Rolex dealer, although one or two of their other Chicagoland locations still are.
City and Highland Park are. Makes sense though, given how big the J&S in neighboring Naperville supposedly is.
Old 26 July 2022, 01:36 AM   #21
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
I'm a customer at CD Old Orchard.

I asked.

They are closing Rolex at Old Orchard location. Will keep it at their other 2 locations. Woodfield is undecided. But for like 2 years we've been notified that Oakbrook "flagship" location is going to be rebuilt as a massive multi story, multi brand experience coinciding with the return of the prodigal son who has been in Asia with his hot wife.

All orders and deposits taken (i have) will transfer to those locations. So unless those two lose them, i'm supposedly still getting watches.

But this pretty much spells the end of my relationships with that branch. I'm just a name on the list who paid for my watch already.
SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 03:40 AM   #22
Smobews
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
Razny Highland Park built out a new Rolex area in the last year. Lovely space that I have taken delivery of two watches in.
Old 26 July 2022, 04:55 AM   #23
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Razny Highland Park built out a new Rolex area in the last year. Lovely space that I have taken delivery of two watches in.
Never taken delivery of a watch there, but have taken delivery of many a Lindt trifle there when in the area and popping in
Old 26 July 2022, 05:21 AM   #24
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Haha, "Apple Maps"...

WilsdorfNDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 11:40 PM   #25
Alex369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLWoodster View Post
I'm a customer at CD Old Orchard.

I asked.

They are closing Rolex at Old Orchard location. Will keep it at their other 2 locations. Woodfield is undecided. But for like 2 years we've been notified that Oakbrook "flagship" location is going to be rebuilt as a massive multi story, multi brand experience coinciding with the return of the prodigal son who has been in Asia with his hot wife.

All orders and deposits taken (i have) will transfer to those locations. So unless those two lose them, i'm supposedly still getting watches.

But this pretty much spells the end of my relationships with that branch. I'm just a name on the list who paid for my watch already.
I'm in a similar situation. So are you just going to start working with a new SA at one of the other locations? Or will you switch ADs altogether?

I have a decent spend history at CDP Old Orchard and a good relationship with my SA there. Not sure what to do moving forward, though...
Alex369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2022, 12:11 AM   #26
tmoy810
"TRF" Member

delete
tmoy810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2022, 04:09 AM   #27
jinikari01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goupax View Post
Good riddance to those crooks abusing visas from chinese students to feed the asian grey market.
da funk is this... Oh you in Canada. coo.
jinikari01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2022, 04:11 AM   #28
jinikari01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Persin and Robbin Jewelers in Arlington Heights still has their Rolex AD status.
jinikari01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2022, 04:30 AM   #29
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinikari01 View Post
Persin and Robbin Jewelers in Arlington Heights still has their Rolex AD status.
Add “and east of ORD”
Old 27 July 2022, 08:30 AM   #30
kopi-c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goupax View Post
Want to shed some light about this... ? Not sure what you have just said.
kopi-c is offline   Reply With Quote