The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 January 2021, 06:33 PM   #31
unknown
"TRF" Member

5711 will stop and a bigger one is coming.
I have sources good enough to trust.
Been also long enough on this site to be taken serious (i hope :-) )
Old 17 January 2021, 07:07 PM   #32
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
The new 6711 will be unobtainable if that is the case. The existing VIPs and new customers both will want one, it will be the hottest watch in 2021, if the 5711 is not.
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 07:36 PM   #33
unknown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
The new 6711 will be unobtainable if that is the case. The existing VIPs and new customers both will want one, it will be the hottest watch in 2021, if the 5711 is not.
I think the 5711 will be the one.
In the beginning people will pay insane price for the new one ...some morons always want to show of they already have it :-)
On a lower term ... 5711 is the best size.
No need for a bigger one. Ofcourse some will want bigger but the 5711 is the perfect size for probably 80% of the people ... bigger will be too big for a lot
Old 17 January 2021, 08:28 PM   #34
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWC View Post
I agree with this, however it’s hard to compare an Aquanaut vs. a Nautilus.
Same manufacturer, same movement and functions, same case and bracelet material, same case shape, similar case thickness. Why would they be hard to compare?
MSRP for the Nautilus is 33% higher than the Aquanaut and secondary market is 75% higher. In the secondary market the Aquanaut is a relative bargain.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 01:34 AM   #35
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
5711 will stop and a bigger one is coming.
I have sources good enough to trust.
Been also long enough on this site to be taken serious (i hope :-) )
Did your sources mention about 5712 being discontinued? Agree that 40mm is perfect size.
Vipes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 05:29 AM   #36
Mrngrz46
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
Did your sources mention about 5712 being discontinued? Agree that 40mm is perfect size.
5712 will follow the 5711.
I had exactly same info the other suer mention.

They start to experiment increase size with aquanaut in white gold.

Modus operandi is similar to Rolex: use the gold one for experiment color, shape and then consolidate on ss.
Mrngrz46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 05:34 AM   #37
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWC View Post
I agree with this, however it’s hard to compare an Aquanaut vs. a Nautilus.
Yeah when you talking about Aquanaut vs Nautilus.... People who never own those watch will pick the Nautilus because of the hype and resale value is higher than the Aquanaut....

Now, this is where things get interesting...

When you ask people or members here who own both Aquanaut and Nautilus.....

Which one they prefer to wear.....??

Most people or members here admitting they wear the Aquanaut more than the Nautilus..... Not sure why.... Maybe I should start a new thread on this topic.....

(Aquanaut vs Nautilus) I hope one day I will own a Nautilus in my collection... As for me if one and only watch, I pick the Aquanaut because it fit my casual lifestyle plus it look sportier.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Agree with you my friend..^^^..

Both watch 6711 & 5711 will be in the $100,000 range on the secondary market.....

Which will create a chain reaction to the Aquanaut line..... Pushing the 5167 in the $60,000 range on the secondary market.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
Same manufacturer, same movement and functions, same case and bracelet material, same case shape, similar case thickness. Why would they be hard to compare?
MSRP for the Nautilus is 33% higher than the Aquanaut and secondary market is 75% higher. In the secondary market the Aquanaut is a relative bargain.
Well if the 6711 & 5711 in the near future at $100,000 on the secondary market..... And the secondary market for the 5167 at $60,000......

The Aquanaut is still relative bargain for $60,000.....

"SL BRABUS" aka BenzWorld Undercover Moderator
SL BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 05:39 AM   #38
Mrngrz46
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS View Post
Yeah when you talking about Aquanaut vs Nautilus.... People who never own those watch will pick the Nautilus because of the hype and resale value is higher than the Aquanaut....

Most people or members here admitting they wear the Aquanaut more than the Nautilus..... Not sure why.... Maybe I should start a new thread on this topic.....

(Aquanaut vs Nautilus) I hope one day I will own a Nautilus in my collection... As for me if one and only watch, I pick the Aquanaut because it fit my casual lifestyle plus it look sportier.....

Both watch 6711 & 5711 will be in the $100,000 range on the secondary market.....

Which will create a chain reaction to the Aquanaut line..... Pushing the 5167 in the $60,000 range on the secondary market.....

Well if the 6711 & 5711 in the near future at $100,000 on the secondary market..... And the secondary market for the 5167 at $60,000......

I have both nautilus and aquanaut, I can tell you why it ends up wearing all time aquanaut? is because looks more actual, more practical, more light and sporty but still retain patek aurea.
Old 18 January 2021, 07:10 AM   #39
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I’m listening to offers of 100k for my 5712. That’s crazy
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 07:48 AM   #40
soundserious
"TRF" Member

Muhahahahaha!

At long last the 5711 comes to an end.

Old 18 January 2021, 08:00 AM   #41
Mrngrz46
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I’m listening to offers of 100k for my 5712. That’s crazy
did they really offer 100k or is just per saying?
Old 18 January 2021, 10:18 AM   #42
KWSub
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP, AP, Rolex
Quote:

I have both the 5711 & the 5167. I wear my Aquanaut far more frequently. The 5711 is more iconic, and photographs better, for certain. But the 5167 on the wrist feels more casual and sporty, while still giving that “under the radar” feeling and wearing a Patek. The 5711 feels more of special occasion watch, but the 5167 is the superior daily-driver.
KWSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 10:48 AM   #43
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:

Owned both. Very much prefer the nautilus.
Old 18 January 2021, 02:06 PM   #44
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrngrz46 View Post
did they really offer 100k or is just per saying?
I was being funny (maybe I failed)
Some person on here mentioned they are getting disco and likely to head to 100k. No1 offered me that. I’m letting you all know, for 100k I’m a seller
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 12:31 AM   #45
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Not sure if you are tongue in cheek...

In my expectation prices for the 5711 will stay flat or decline in the short term once it has been replaced. Most people will hunt for the new one while others may be looking to upgrade. Moreover, the new one would be in very short supply whereas there'll always be plenty of 5711 on offer given how many were made over 15 years. What'll happen in the long run is anyone's guess and will depend how the new one compares to the 5711.

As far as I am concerned any upsizing would be a downgrade as I am perfectly happy with the 40mm size of my 5711.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 04:57 AM   #46
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Owned both. Very much prefer the nautilus.
Hey Gus....

If I recall correctly......

I remember you having problem with the Aquanaut clasp, that one of the reason you prefer the Nautilus.....

Old 19 January 2021, 04:57 AM   #47
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have both nautilus and aquanaut, I can tell you why it ends up wearing all time aquanaut? is because looks more actual, more practical, more light and sporty but still retain patek aurea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWSub View Post
I have both the 5711 & the 5167. I wear my Aquanaut far more frequently. The 5711 is more iconic, and photographs better, for certain. But the 5167 on the wrist feels more casual and sporty, while still giving that “under the radar” feeling and wearing a Patek. The 5711 feels more of special occasion watch, but the 5167 is the superior daily-driver.
Thank you for your honesty feedback...

Old 19 January 2021, 05:02 AM   #48
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I was being funny (maybe I failed)
Some person on here mentioned they are getting disco and likely to head to 100k. No1 offered me that. I’m letting you all know, for 100k I’m a seller
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Not sure if you are tongue in cheek...

In my expectation prices for the 5711 will stay flat or decline in the short term once it has been replaced. Most people will hunt for the new one while others may be looking to upgrade. Moreover, the new one would be in very short supply whereas there'll always be plenty of 5711 on offer given how many were made over 15 years. What'll happen in the long run is anyone's guess and will depend how the new one compares to the 5711.

As far as I am concerned any upsizing would be a downgrade as I am perfectly happy with the 40mm size of my 5711.

I'm sure..... You'll see.... ....^^^...I'm not far off regarding the pricing of $100,000, if the 5711 or 5712 were to be discontinue...... Sale price of today on the secondary market form TRF trusted sellers....^^^..... If all this were to be true, I wouldn't be surprised the 5167 will be hitting $60,000 as I mention early.....

It will be the same example of the marketing strategy with the New Ceramic Kermit Black Dial 126610LV vs Ceramic Hulk Sunburst Green Dial 116610LV......

And yet there are plenty of used Hulk asking the in the ballpark of the new ceramic Kemit ....^^^......

NIB Hulk cost more than NIB ceramic Kemit as you may already know......

Old 19 January 2021, 06:02 AM   #49
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
the models are 14 years old. would not surprise me.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 07:33 AM   #50
Mrngrz46
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you for your honesty feedback...

Welcome any time if you have more question.

And BTW, to me the best Patek is the 5980/1A.
It mix the elegance of the nautilus with the hefty sporty appearance.
I sold 3 Rolex plus cash almost 5 years ago to get it and no regret.
To me that is the holy cannoli grail watch...also look what performance. Yes it went down a bit but was expected and still recovery
Old 19 January 2021, 09:30 AM   #51
lukey77
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I'm sure..... You'll see.... ....^^^...I'm not far off regarding the pricing of $100,000, if the 5711 or 5712 were to be discontinue...... Sale price of today on the secondary market form TRF trusted sellers....^^^..... If all this were to be true, I wouldn't be surprised the 5167 will be hitting $60,000 as I mention early.....

It will be the same example of the marketing strategy with the New Ceramic Kermit Black Dial 126610LV vs Ceramic Hulk Sunburst Green Dial 116610LV......

And yet there are plenty of used Hulk asking the in the ballpark of the new ceramic Kemit ....^^^......

NIB Hulk cost more than NIB ceramic Kemit as you may already know......

I could list my Casio for $1m online . You could take a screenshot and quote “this is market price”.
For these illiquid assets there is a HUGE bid/ask , particularly in the private sellers’ market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lukey77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 10:09 AM   #52
Andybethel
"TRF" Member

Common sense

The 5711 is their crown jewel. It’s a marketing wonder and the prestige/desire around it will no doubt be captured in PP’s balance sheet as a major contributor to their brand equity. From a business perspective it would be suicidal. I do however think more variants of the model possible; maybe coloured dials etc, but cancelling the watch is a little far fetched. The sales and demand are just too high.
Andybethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 02:14 PM   #53
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybethel View Post
The 5711 is their crown jewel. It’s a marketing wonder and the prestige/desire around it will no doubt be captured in PP’s balance sheet as a major contributor to their brand equity. From a business perspective it would be suicidal. I do however think more variants of the model possible; maybe coloured dials etc, but cancelling the watch is a little far fetched. The sales and demand are just too high.

What’s being suggested here is a new version aka 114060 to 124060. And that is long long long overdue.
Old 19 January 2021, 04:20 PM   #54
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Welcome any time if you have more question.

And BTW, to me the best Patek is the 5980/1A.
It mix the elegance of the nautilus with the hefty sporty appearance.
I sold 3 Rolex plus cash almost 5 years ago to get it and no regret.
To me that is the holy cannoli grail watch...also look what performance. Yes it went down a bit but was expected and still recovery
Cool.... Thanks for the advice....

Old 19 January 2021, 04:24 PM   #55
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukey77 View Post
I could list my Casio for $1m online . You could take a screenshot and quote “this is market price”.
For these illiquid assets there is a HUGE bid/ask , particularly in the private sellers’ market.

Bad example...^^^...

What is the going price of your Casio.....?? Is there any demand on that $1 million Casio that you mention....?? Is there any competitive that selling the same price that you asking.....??

I'm sure that the secondary market form TRF trusted sellers, pricing their watch realistically..... They in the business of selling watches....

If there demand, price will keep climbing....

I'm being real....This coming from a guy who don't own a Nautilus and hope to get one someday at a reasonable price with my name on the Certificate of Origin.....

BTW... I understand the selling price vs wholesale selling price......

I'm positive whoever bought a Nautilus at retail price is happy with the wholesale selling price if they ever to sell it.....

I'm pretty sure whoever bought a Nautilus at a secondary market for $50k two years ago is happy with the wholesale selling price if they were to sell it today.....

Old 23 January 2021, 08:24 AM   #56
explorer42
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybethel View Post
Internally generated brand value cannot be capitalised under IFRS. Just saying.
explorer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2021, 09:19 AM   #57
azizu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3700/11AJ
it would be sad to see such a beautiful watch gets discountinued

perhaps PP have a plan to revamp the model just like they did from the 3712 to the 5712. maybe the same watch in precious metals only
Old 23 January 2021, 09:36 AM   #58
Mrngrz46
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azizu View Post
it would be sad to see such a beautiful watch gets discountinued

perhaps PP have a plan to revamp the model just like they did from the 3712 to the 5712. maybe the same watch in precious metals only
For now 5711 si out and 5712 will follow most probably next year like I said at the beginning of the topic. Catch one till you can because when 5712 will be discontinued it will be over 100k sure
Old 23 January 2021, 10:47 AM   #59
Andybethel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer42 View Post
Internally generated brand value cannot be capitalised under IFRS. Just saying.

Correct in the US, but PP HQ is not in the US and Swiss accountancy practices are vastly different. Brand equity will always be captured somewhere in a balance sheet; a company in the US will typically badge it up as “good will” when selling to PE or alike.

Andybethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 04:28 AM   #60
okie4455
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Casio
interesting to hear so many other people agreeing on wearing the aquanaut over the nautilus. I have both and agree that I wear the 5712 less as well. I think that the case of the nautilus feels more delicate, so it doesn't fit my lifestyle as much.
okie4455 is offline   Reply With Quote