The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 April 2016, 08:46 AM   #61
Tk52174
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 pepsi 116520
I bought my car though Costco.
Tk52174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 09:43 AM   #62
Tri-Tip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomalf123 View Post
There was a thread recently showing a BLRO for sale at Costco. Now that is one I might have jumped on. 38k at my dealer but I believe it was upper 20's at Costco if my memory serves me right.
So you could buy it at Costco, sans warranty. I don't think there is any repair that RSC could do that would cost more than $8,000, so even if Costco didn't warrant it, you'd have a hard time overpaying.
Tri-Tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 10:46 AM   #63
Speed
"TRF" Member

Another Rolex spotted at Costco

I think much of the silly comments - including mine - are simply because these threads keep appearing.

Yes. Rolex watches are sometimes sold at Costco. it's a fact...each week a thread with a pic of a DJ or PM model or whatever in a Costco display gets posted.

Maybe a sticky saying hear ye hear ye TRFers...an occasional Rolex can be found at COSTCO - is in order.

Move along now...😆
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 11:36 AM   #64
speedmaster73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ref1655 View Post
let's face it folks...Rolex is just another salable commodity, a high-end luxury product now available through additional sources/retailers. we've seen it happen before with 'designer' apparel brands.

to remain truly exclusive & outside of this abhorrent blasphemy prospective & current 'upwardly-mobile' types will undoubtedly/eventually have to change watch brands in order to maintain a certain air of elitism.

consider moving up a notch...Patek Philippe, Audemars-Piguet & the big daddy of them all, Vacheron-Constantin have yet to move on to Costco. the only problem/issue is that the average Joe wouldn't recognize these makes so Rolex (like BMWs & Mercedes) will remain a top seller amongst those who wish to be seen wearing one.

personally, I find this recent development tacky & hilarious to a certain extent...perhaps K-Mart is working on a Rolex AD designation as well.

????

Pateks and VC have been sold at costco as well

this thread is stupid
speedmaster73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 12:07 PM   #65
ref1655
Banned

Watch: 1655/MkI
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster73 View Post
???? Pateks and VC have been sold at costco as well
good to know...that makes it especially amusing & entertaining when encountering a snobby salesperson at a high-end jewelry store. like who are they trying to kid with their air of sophistication?
ref1655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 12:15 PM   #66
GasMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
I saw a diamond at Costco for $45,000. It was actually a good deal for someone in the market for a diamond of that size and quality.

I don't see a difference in buying from Costco or a grey dealer. Their return policy is almost second to none. I love watches but will save the moneys any chance I get. That's why I buy from trusted sellers on this site. 😎
GasMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 12:21 PM   #67
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
Funny how some people get offended by information and want to suppress the fact that Rolex and other watches show up at Costco. As a consumer and a person who loves the brand, I want to know everything I can about Rolex, including the retail side of it. I want to know more about the inside scoop at ADs, at Trusted Sellers here, and in the grey market...all of it. Information serves a purpose whether you like the content of that information or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gtnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 01:20 PM   #68
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
You are going to get Kamikazed again and rightfully so.
Maybe you should explain your perceptions as I don't get much more from you than your passive aggressiveness and indirect innuendos. What's your beef?

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 02:57 PM   #69
eco8gator
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5060/a
For me it's not about where you get your watch its what you do with it after you get it.
eco8gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 06:30 PM   #70
Bruins7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex(4),15400
Costco is taking over the world!
Bruins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 07:46 PM   #71
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco8gator View Post
For me it's not about where you get your watch its what you do with it after you get it.
Exactly!
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2016, 05:39 AM   #72
Paul_I
"TRF" Member

Omega sued Costco for gray market dealing . . . and won in the U.S. Supreme Court.

http://seamasterreferencepage.com/sr...supreme-court/

Paul_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2016, 07:45 AM   #73
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_I View Post
Omega sued Costco for gray market dealing . . . and won in the U.S. Supreme Court.

http://seamasterreferencepage.com/sr...supreme-court/
Not so...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_...Wholesale_Corp.

https://ia601707.us.archive.org/25/i...57137.62.0.pdf

Old 8 April 2016, 10:43 AM   #74
Paul_I
"TRF" Member

Not sure how the Ninth Circuit ruling or the fact that it was a split 4-4 decision disproves anything that I said. Omega won at the Supreme Court. Period. I understand it has no precedential value. Nor did I claim that it did.

I said "Omega sued Costco for gray market dealing . . . and won in the U.S. Supreme Court." This is true.

https://www.oyez.org/cases/2010/08-1423

Old 8 April 2016, 10:47 AM   #75
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Maybe you should explain your perceptions as I don't get much more from you than your passive aggressiveness and indirect innuendos. What's your beef?
"Passive aggressiveness" Holy crap you've had sensitivity training.

What I meant, and I'm sure you knew, that I think it's lame that you would bring back an 11-year-old kayak to get a refund/exchange. The last time you brought it up in another thread at least a dozen people said the same thing.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2016, 11:02 AM   #76
ronin_ph
"TRF" Member

Costco. One of my only stocks that's up this year. Bought it on my phone (eTrade app) with my thumb (Touch ID) half by accident while having many scotches. Remembered only the next day after I got the confirmation. Glad I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ronin_ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2016, 11:11 AM   #77
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master ll
Quote:
so much for the exclusive nature & traditional purchasing aspects of the Rolex collection/brand...it has now gone mainstream to the point where one can easily purchase a family-sized pack of toilet paper along with a new Oyster all in one convenient shopping trip.

are Walmart & Target next?
It's a JOKE
madmax21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2016, 11:35 AM   #78
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

They had a gold Daytona (black or white, can't remember) at mine the last time I was in, and the time before I was in it was a blue faced DJ with a smooth bezel if I recall. Looked nice. I've seen others in the past, but they usually aren't there long.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2016, 03:38 AM   #79
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
"Passive aggressiveness" Holy crap you've had sensitivity training.

What I meant, and I'm sure you knew, that I think it's lame that you would bring back an 11-year-old kayak to get a refund/exchange. The last time you brought it up in another thread at least a dozen people said the same thing.
Why would that be lame; it's their policy. I asked at the store and they said bring it in, no problem, that's our policy. Why shouldn't I? What would be lame is not taking advantage of what I've been paying for since 1994 and having spent likely a $1/4 million over the years. My sensitivity is significantly better when I'm not jumped on by the self righteous and called lame. That just pisses me off.

Old 9 April 2016, 04:51 AM   #80
cpark
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_I View Post
Not sure how the Ninth Circuit ruling or the fact that it was a split 4-4 decision disproves anything that I said. Omega won at the Supreme Court. Period. I understand it has no precedential value. Nor did I claim that it did.

I said "Omega sued Costco for gray market dealing . . . and won in the U.S. Supreme Court." This is true.

https://www.oyez.org/cases/2010/08-1423
lol. a 4-4 decision by the Supreme Court is a split decision which means the lower level ruling triumphs. Omega lost and that's why when I go to Costco I still see Omega's watches there.
cpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2016, 04:58 AM   #81
Chaching
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many! 116718 GOLD
ugh....this is B.S.!
Chaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2016, 05:19 AM   #82
Paul_I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpark View Post
lol. a 4-4 decision by the Supreme Court is a split decision which means the lower level ruling triumphs. Omega lost and that's why when I go to Costco I still see Omega's watches there.
The Ninth Circuit ruling favored Omega. Seriously, people. Thanks for explaining a split decision to me, after I posted the link to Oyez and referenced it as a split decision in my earlier posts.

"The Court deadlocked 4-4, which means that the appeals court ruling against Costco stays in place, though the case sets no new high court precedent because it ended in a tie. The tie was possible because Justice Elena Kagan recused herself in the case."

Everyone wants to be the smartest guy in the room, but no one can be bothered to read. The reason you may still see watches at Costco is because a split-decision is only binding in the lower circuit where it originated. But far be it for me to explain a split decision to TRF's resident 1L.

Old 9 April 2016, 06:24 AM   #83
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Why would that be lame; it's their policy. I asked at the store and they said bring it in, no problem, that's our policy. Why shouldn't I? What would be lame is not taking advantage of what I've been paying for since 1994 and having spent likely a $1/4 million over the years. My sensitivity is significantly better when I'm not jumped on by the self righteous and called lame. That just pisses me off.
" self-righteous " now aren't you doing the exact same thing that you accuse me of?

You better believe it's lame! Can you imagine if every consumer in our country did that with every product? If you don't see how unbelievably remarkably lame that is I can't help you. Actually I might just take that back. Lame is a terrible description for what this is. It's immoral!!!!!!!!! Regardless of their policy. You can call me self righteous all you want. It's my opinion. Knowing how you are I absolutely would not sell you any of my products. If this pisses you off ...... Good. Hopefully you won't return a 10-year-old mattress to them.

Instagram - patton250
Old 9 April 2016, 06:42 AM   #84
ref1655
Banned

Watch: 1655/MkI
Quote:
Think about the Rolex like this, you can own it as long as Costco is in business and get full price back for it if you decide you don't want it anymore or you want something else.
after years of ownership/usage? that would pretty much negate the necessity of a traditional Rolex warranty & provide a viable outlet for every flipper & individual concerned about their Rolex ROIs.

it's an off-the-wall concept...what would Costco do with a bunch of used Rolexes being that they only sell new/discounted products? the potential abuse of such a lenient return policy would pretty much spell fiscal doom in the long run (for Costco).
ref1655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2016, 06:45 AM   #85
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
after years of ownership/usage? that would pretty much negate the necessity of a traditional Rolex warranty & provide a viable outlet for every flipper & individual concerned about their Rolex ROIs.

it's an off-the-wall concept...what would Costco do with a bunch of used Rolexes being that they only sell new/discounted products? the potential abuse of such a lenient return policy would pretty much spell fiscal doom in the long run (for Costco).
You of course are 100% correct. However that's just how some people roll isn't it?

Instagram - patton250
Old 9 April 2016, 07:05 AM   #86
Racerdj
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek-Philippe
Nice find. I'm still waiting to see one in the COSTCO's where I shop.
Old 10 April 2016, 05:15 AM   #87
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I believe it comes down to probabilities. Likelihood of all buyers returning their watches and Costco getting stuck with watches they can't sell is slim to none. It's a pretty unlikely scenario considering additionally how few Rolexes Costco has to offer.

Old 10 April 2016, 06:56 AM   #88
Robrob777
"TRF" Member

I bought one along with 2 organic apple boxes and a pinneaple.I asked for a small box at checkout to carry them to my car. Put everything in my trunk.
Robrob777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2016, 07:02 AM   #89
GeraldJ19
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko Black Monste
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAcosta View Post
I agree.

I bought my Speedmaster Professional BNIB from a grey market dealer for about $600 less than MSRP. Works just fine and keeps better time than my Rolex, to be completely honest. If I was in the market for a new Rolex, grey market dealers would be the first place I look (after the For Sale section here of course).
+1 I agree completely. I am seeking the best deal possible on an authentic piece. Whether it be from an AD, TRF, Grey market, or Costco; the end result is you purchased the watch you desired.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
GeraldJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2016, 07:07 AM   #90
Paul_I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraldJ19 View Post
+1 I agree completely. I am seeking the best deal possible on an authentic piece. Whether it be from an AD, TRF, Grey market, or Costco; the end result is you purchased the watch you desired.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
The fact that Costco has been caught selling fake luxury goods in the past would make me very nervous personally, while agreeing with your mindset.