The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 5 June 2016, 10:52 AM   #31
Esoteric
"TRF" Member

My 2015 SubC, which I sold recently, ran at +1 sec/day. But I noticed if I was particularly active (a rare thing for me!), swimming, etc it could run several seconds a day fast or if I didn't wear it for 24 hours and it was allowed to run down and placed flat (face up) it would run 2-3 seconds a day fast. It was only COSC certified, i.e. -4/+6 and not the latest Rolex certification at +/-2 sec/day that applies to the newer watches, post June 2015.

My current Sea-Dweller 4000 runs approx. 1 sec day fast when I wear it all day and whether I am active or not it doesn't seem to affect the rate as much as the SubC. At night I place it crown down and it looses about a second over the 8 hours, so typically it is spot on the following morning. Currently I haven't set the time in 7 days and it is within 1 sec. As an aside, my Omega GSOM runs consistently 2 seconds/day fast, although it doesn't get much wrist time so perhaps it's not a fair comparison.
Old 5 June 2016, 11:06 AM   #32
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igerswis View Post
...Therefore if a watch falls outside of this then it is fair to question why and if it's in warranty then Rolex will adjust it accordingly. Otherwise you'll have to get it serviced...
I would advise having it regulated to see if that improves the accuracy before I would pay $600+ to service a watch just because it's running just outside COSC.
Old 5 June 2016, 11:34 AM   #33
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

All my modern Rolex are running within -+1. Very impressed actually myself with this. I don't have any "vintages" but I do have 5 16710s and 4 are within COSC and 1 that was out of COSC with no service history is now with RSC for a full service @ Beverly Hills...so I'll time that when it comes back. I'm pretty impressed in general with Rolex movement accuracy right now.
Old 5 June 2016, 11:51 AM   #34
mtgjr
Banned

Watch: Pepsi GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
All my modern Rolex are running within -+1. Very impressed actually myself with this. I don't have any "vintages" but I do have 5 16710s and 4 are within COSC and 1 that was out of COSC with no service history is now with RSC for a full service @ Beverly Hills...so I'll time that when it comes back. I'm pretty impressed in general with Rolex movement accuracy right now.
If you don't mind me asking, why do you have five 16710s? I love and own the reference myself, but if I were to have multiple Rolexes, I think I would try some of the other models. Just curious....feel free to ignore if that's too much of a personal question.
Old 5 June 2016, 12:20 PM   #35
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
As for my Rolex watches, they tell me the time.
Most run on the plus side but two are just a bit on the slow side I think (1603 and 14060).

I don't wear one watch long enough for it to be a noticeable.

Old 5 June 2016, 12:31 PM   #36
SemperFi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
My Explorer is running consistently at +1.5 seconds per day since I got it in December, 2015.
Old 5 June 2016, 12:32 PM   #37
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgjr View Post
If you don't mind me asking, why do you have five 16710s? I love and own the reference myself, but if I were to have multiple Rolexes, I think I would try some of the other models. Just curious....feel free to ignore if that's too much of a personal question.
Nothing personal really and don't mind. I was going to start a thread about it when the last comes back from rsc so here's a summary. I started just picking up a z serial with a changed Pepsi bezel (16710n)... Then picked up an original coke (16710a)...figured i wanted some 16710b as keepsakes so talked to my favorite trusted sellers and picked up another pair (z serial unpolished, and d serial lightly polished minty)... And somehow wanted another Pepsi with lugholes so picked up another minty y..... As you can see things got out of control quickly lol. I basically own all the references I want already (7 other modern Rolex including the incoming Daytona ceramic ) except the 116506 and another pair of stainless I'm saving for so there isn't much on my Rolex list. Really do love the 16710.
Old 5 June 2016, 01:23 PM   #38
WhiskyVerb
Banned

Watch: 214270, Speedy Pro
+2 seconds per day. Consistent
Old 5 June 2016, 01:44 PM   #39
captain_NEMO
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
My recently serviced 16600 seadweller is running at a stunning +0.5 secs/48 hrs!!! Don't know if it ever ran that accurate pre-service. (Thank you, NYRSC!)

My recently purchased (new) 214270 Exp1 is at +1 sec/24 hrs.

I've learned to stop checking everyday. Trust me, there are more things to stress about. Don't get me wrong, I'd still whip out the ol atomic clock now and again when I'm feeling withdrawals - approx every 3 days now. 2 days, 12 hrs, 59 secs til my next check.

Jesus I need help...
Old 5 June 2016, 01:48 PM   #40
captain_NEMO
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
Quote:
Nothing personal really and don't mind. I was going to start a thread about it when the last comes back from rsc so here's a summary. I started just picking up a z serial with a changed Pepsi bezel (16710n)... Then picked up an original coke (16710a)...figured i wanted some 16710b as keepsakes so talked to my favorite trusted sellers and picked up another pair (z serial unpolished, and d serial lightly polished minty)... And somehow wanted another Pepsi with lugholes so picked up another minty y..... As you can see things got out of control quickly lol. I basically own all the references I want already (7 other modern Rolex including the incoming Daytona ceramic ) except the 116506 and another pair of stainless I'm saving for so there isn't much on my Rolex list. Really do love the 16710.
Sunnaba...dang it, man! That's actually a great idea, and may follow suit (explorers). However this will undoubtedly cost me more money in the future. I hate this place.
Old 5 June 2016, 04:48 PM   #41
Secretariat
"TRF" Member

My Rolex is 2 weeks old and is -1 Per Day.
Old 5 June 2016, 10:25 PM   #42
mtgjr
Banned

Watch: Pepsi GMT
Quote:
Thanks for the explanation, although I'm afraid I'm no less perplexed. I thought the whole purpose of the 16710 was that you're getting three watches in one.....you just have to source the two additional inserts. Now I wouldn't mind picking up a 1675 or a 16750 to go with my 16710, but those are different references/vintages. To each their own, though.
Old 5 June 2016, 10:31 PM   #43
Anthon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
A never understand the problem being discussed in these threads.
How can you say 'my watch is two seconds slow', because it depends on how you rest your watch at night. You can make it gain or you can make it slow down just as many seconds as you want as long as your watch is wishing COSC.

Knowing that you can keep your watch within one or two seconds off the exact time for months and months.
Old 6 June 2016, 06:25 AM   #44
Rocket_Man
"TRF" Member

My daily watch is a GMT IIc. I put it on a winder at night and over the weekend. I don't check the daily accuracy of the watch. Instead I set the watch on the 1st of the month. When I do that I sync it using an app. This month the watch was -5 sec over a 30 day period. And that included a week long trip overseas. Who can complain about that kind of accuracy. Amazing for a mechanical watch. It does vary month to month, the worse I've seen is about 40 sec when it was newer.
Old 6 June 2016, 06:41 AM   #45
Hollister
Banned

Watch: 114300
16610 Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified - within COSC
1680 Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified - within COSC
5513 Superlative Chronometer Not Officially Certified - within COSC
Old 6 June 2016, 06:50 AM   #46
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation, although I'm afraid I'm no less perplexed. I thought the whole purpose of the 16710 was that you're getting three watches in one.....you just have to source the two additional inserts. Now I wouldn't mind picking up a 1675 or a 16750 to go with my 16710, but those are different references/vintages. To each their own, though.
Not too confusing really. I buy some to wear, some to stay in the safe as a keepsake. I'm no stranger to collecting different things and watches is another hobby. It's just a reference I love like you and don't mind having a couple extras for a rainy day.
Old 6 June 2016, 07:19 AM   #47
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
I have a lot of GMT's and I never once thought that I was getting "three watches in one".

I don't see the point in switching inserts; I much prefer to simply change watches..
Old 6 June 2016, 07:50 AM   #48
Daytona88
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5712
I never check unless buying or selling preowned.
Old 6 June 2016, 08:06 AM   #49
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
I have a lot of GMT's and I never once thought that I was getting "three watches in one".

I don't see the point in switching inserts; I much prefer to simply change watches..
Yep, I'm on the same train of thought on this.

My 16710a coke I'm wearing usually gains 4 seconds a day but only one last night/yesterday . Like previous posts state, position makes a huge difference when it's resting off the wrist. I changed it from sideways crown up to face up last night for fun.
Old 6 June 2016, 08:07 AM   #50
El Cascarrabias
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613LB
I set my SDc to the US Naval Observatory clock (202-762-1401) on the first of this month. It's +1.5 today so that's +0.3 seconds/day for the past five days. It has not come off my wrist since setting it on the first. This watch likes to be worn!

Note this is an average. It's not going to be consistently +0.3/day. There's slight variation depending on my activity, how long I sleep, etc.

My OP39? If I wear it it's usually only around 12 hours max so, hard to tell. The SDc is pretty much always on my wrist.

For those who poo-poo those of us who pay attention to such things, well . . . WE ENJOY IT!!

Old 6 June 2016, 08:25 AM   #51
dave_dave
"TRF" Member

116710ln - 4 sec fast per day
Old 6 June 2016, 08:29 AM   #52
Hollister
Banned

Watch: 114300
The best time to turn up for a meeting is around 16 minutes late. It makes you look busy, and people are grateful that you made the effort to attend, given your busy schedule. Plus you miss 16 minutes of a boring meeting.

If you guys want ultimate precision, go quartz.
Old 6 June 2016, 10:52 AM   #53
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not too confusing really. I buy some to wear, some to stay in the safe as a keepsake. I'm no stranger to collecting different things and watches is another hobby. It's just a reference I love like you and don't mind having a couple extras for a rainy day.
Agreed. If you are of the mindset that you can get three different looks by changing inserts then one 16710 will work. If you are more interested in collecting the reference, well then, one watch is not a collection.

Someone throw up the bat signal for our fellow member with the 50+ Submariners.
Old 6 June 2016, 12:19 PM   #54
Turbo23dog
"TRF" Member

My GMT IIC gains about 2 sec per day on average.

My wife's Ladies DJ gains about +5 sec per day on average.

My Tudor Pelagos (Mark II... In-house movement) is spot on. After one week of wearing daily its gained about one second total. I leave it resting flat each night.
Old 6 June 2016, 02:10 PM   #55
Highjinx
Banned

Watch: Rolex Sub - 16610
2006 sub on +12 seconds a day. Annoying.
Old 6 June 2016, 02:16 PM   #56
Secretariat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthon View Post
A never understand the problem being discussed in these threads.
How can you say 'my watch is two seconds slow', because it depends on how you rest your watch at night. You can make it gain or you can make it slow down just as many seconds as you want as long as your watch is wishing COSC.

Knowing that you can keep your watch within one or two seconds off the exact time for months and months.
I tried resting my watch flat with the dial up to gain some seconds but to no avail. I think that it even lost .5 of a second. If I may ask, is there anything wrong with my watch. Actually, my watch seems to be losing a second per day.
Thanks.
Old 1 August 2016, 04:07 PM   #57
AlexMachine
"TRF" Member

Just took 16 days timing run with my BLNR and Watch tracker app. (15 hours on the wrist, 9 hours crown up)
"Total days 16. Total difference 4,9s. Fastest variance +2,7s, slowest variance -1,3s. Best-fit rate per day +0,3s"
So I am very happy with these results.
Old 1 August 2016, 05:13 PM   #58
stevep1041
"TRF" Member

My Datejust ii has zero deviation in the last 3 weeks!
Old 1 August 2016, 05:17 PM   #59
omx5o
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss GV
I got my 116600 recently. For the first few days it was +2, but then I tried leaving it crown down over night and it is +0 for the last five days. It was in mint condition and I think it took a couple of days to settle as well as changing to crown down.
Old 1 August 2016, 05:33 PM   #60
G'ed
"TRF" Member

With my new 116600 after 1 month, the daily deviation depends on resting position at night. +3s/d if rest it with dial up and +1s/d if crown down.

Good but not as good as my 116610LN which I sold 2 yrs back. Dead on +0.3s/d with dial up rest position ie +1 sec every 3 days.
Closed Thread