The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 6 February 2018, 11:31 AM   #1
verse214
"TRF" Member

Delivery of 5711 or 5712 after price hike announcement

I am on a wait list for the 5712 in stainless.

Has anyone else who is on a wait list received either a 5711 or 5712 ever since the price hike was announced and has your AD given any feedback on whether they think you will get one before the new prices come into effect March 1?
verse214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 11:35 AM   #2
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Are price hikes confirmed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 11:37 AM   #3
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
I’ve been on the list and have not been contacted yet. I still have my fingers crossed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 6 February 2018, 11:45 AM   #4
walds11
"TRF" Member

On the list with deposit for a 5711...

No and no. Not looking good for me
Old 6 February 2018, 12:31 PM   #5
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

On the list for 5711 and my AD chuckled when I asked for odds of getting one before March 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 12:43 PM   #6
Kaapu
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP, Rolex,SUF
No contact. But as the market seems to be crashing, its going to be interesting to see how its going influence our beloved luxury watch market.
Kaapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 01:04 PM   #7
KWSub
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP, AP, Rolex
I would be surprised if and AD would put a 5711 or 5712 out for sale before March 1st, even if they did receive a new shipment.

KWSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 01:29 PM   #8
key
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWSub View Post
I would be surprised if and AD would put a 5711 or 5712 out for sale before March 1st, even if they did receive a new shipment.
This. ADs don't have an incentive to move those pieces now, when they know that a price increase is scheduled to happen in March.
key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 02:36 PM   #9
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaapu View Post
No contact. But as the market seems to be crashing, its going to be interesting to see how its going influence our beloved luxury watch market.
Indeed. Don’t overpay for anything just yet folks! At this rate it won’t be long before any snobby ADs will be knocked clear off their horse.

Oh and my AD said he doesn’t expect to get any 5711 or 5712 before March 1st but I’m small potatoes.
Old 6 February 2018, 02:48 PM   #10
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Indeed. Don’t overpay for anything just yet folks! At this rate it won’t be long before any snobby ADs will be knocked clear off their horse.

Oh and my AD said he doesn’t expect to get any 5711 or 5712 before March 1st but I’m small potatoes.
A boy can dream! I exited a significant chunk of the money I had in the market last month. While recent market activities haven't impacted my appetite, the inevitable price hike is seriously testing how bad I want the 5711. I'm on the wait list and wasn't expecting by March 1 -- maybe end of the year if I am lucky. I can only hope between now and then prices come back down to something closer to today's MSRP. I'd certainly accept defeat if dealer price busts above $30K - I just couldn't do it at that point out of principle. I'm supposedly only months away from getting my long awaited white dial ceramic Daytona...that should keep me satisfied for awhile if I need to weather through this Nautilus craze.

Unrelated, but long term lurker of this site and first post here!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 02:52 PM   #11
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWSub View Post

My understanding is both the shipment date and the sales date are tracked by Patek Philippe.

PP will reach out to the AD if any popular inventories such as the 5711/5712 are not sold soon after the shipment. If PP senses any foul play, that AD will receive less of such pieces going forward.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 03:09 PM   #12
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
My understanding is both the shipment date and the sales date are tracked by Patek Philippe.

PP will reach out to the AD if any popular inventories such as the 5711/5712 are not sold soon after the shipment. If PP senses any foul play, that AD will receive less of such pieces going forward.
The way Patek handled this is just strange announcing the Nautilus increase month prior....ADs can play all sorts of games on the books this month....I'd be very surprised to see any allocations this month.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 03:21 PM   #13
Erod24
"TRF" Member

An AD I know received a 5712 last week and sold it the same day
Erod24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 03:27 PM   #14
Sheldor
"TRF" Member

I'm in a similar boat here. Deposit down on the next white 5711 (last delivery was White in July, Blue in Sept) with a prior expected delivery date of Dec/Jan. Reached out to the AD when the price increase was posted first on the forum and was given confirmation of price change but unfortunately no update on the watch. I did have hope for some good news as I was in Switzerland in Jan and was told that next shipments will come in Feb...again remaining skeptical. I'm waiting for people to post here for new arrivals since I'm guessing they will be sent out in batches at a similar time?
Sheldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 03:51 PM   #15
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
The way Patek handled this is just strange announcing the Nautilus increase month prior....ADs can play all sorts of games on the books this month....I'd be very surprised to see any allocations this month.
they announced the last UK price rise about a month early too. It went into effect on september 1 and my AD got my 5712 on Aug 16. Good AD's dont hold stock until after a price rise.... but i also dont think most are all that good, so probably.
I didn't even request the watch initially until after they announced the price increase.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 07:23 PM   #16
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
they announced the last UK price rise about a month early too.
Patek has to give AD's 1 months notice of a price rise - it's part of the agreement.
Russell996 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2018, 02:02 AM   #17
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
A boy can dream! I exited a significant chunk of the money I had in the market last month. While recent market activities haven't impacted my appetite, the inevitable price hike is seriously testing how bad I want the 5711. I'm on the wait list and wasn't expecting by March 1 -- maybe end of the year if I am lucky. I can only hope between now and then prices come back down to something closer to today's MSRP. I'd certainly accept defeat if dealer price busts above $30K - I just couldn't do it at that point out of principle. I'm supposedly only months away from getting my long awaited white dial ceramic Daytona...that should keep me satisfied for awhile if I need to weather through this Nautilus craze.

Unrelated, but long term lurker of this site and first post here!
Welcome! Unfortunately it is confirmed that the price will be ~29760 I believe for the 5711 post March 1st.
Old 7 February 2018, 05:11 AM   #18
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Welcome! Unfortunately it is confirmed that the price will be ~29760 I believe for the 5711 post March 1st.
Thanks. And yes, I've been under the impression that's the case regarding the price increase. All I meant in my original message was I hope it does not continue to rise some more so long as I am on the waitlist!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2018, 07:31 AM   #19
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
Thanks. And yes, I've been under the impression that's the case regarding the price increase. All I meant in my original message was I hope it does not continue to rise some more so long as I am on the waitlist!
You can probably expect more increases over the next few years. I hope they increase shipments now that the price is up to clear up some of the waiting lists where people have paid in full or given substantial deposits.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2018, 05:49 PM   #20
henry333
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600
Even if they have those in stock...pretty sure they would hold it for about a month and make 20% more right.
henry333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 02:58 PM   #21
Sheldor
"TRF" Member

I guess we're getting close to the end of the month before the price increase without any new deliveries. I wonder what the estimates and production numbers will be going forward now.
Sheldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 02:15 AM   #22
chiko323
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Just to add to this discussion, I’ve been first on the waitlist for a blue 5711 with deposit since last April. Received a call from the AD this morning that they are not expecting to receive a blue 5711 this year and they will be refunding my deposit. I’m pretty bummed.

chiko323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 02:24 AM   #23
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Yes the price hike is confirmed for those asking, no hope for those who didn’t get theirs yet...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 02:46 AM   #24
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiko323 View Post
Just to add to this discussion, I’ve been first on the waitlist for a blue 5711 with deposit since last April. Received a call from the AD this morning that they are not expecting to receive a blue 5711 this year and they will be refunding my deposit. I’m pretty bummed.
Sorry to hear. This is not a US AD is it? Seems highly unlikely if you are truly first on a list that they cant get you one in a year

"The best watch in the world is the one that's on your wrist." Morgan King

"Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" Rocky Balboa
goog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 03:48 AM   #25
chiko323
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post
Sorry to hear. This is not a US AD is it? Seems highly unlikely if you are truly first on a list that they cant get you one in a year

Yes it was a US ad

chiko323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 04:05 AM   #26
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:

they are either lying or will call you after the price rise. Either way that doesn't give me the warm fuzzies about that AD.
Old 15 February 2018, 05:02 AM   #27
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Damn, this doesn’t sound good at all. I’m going to check in with my AD. I left a deposit with them.

Quote:
they are either lying or will call you after the price rise. Either way that doesn't give me the warm fuzzies about that AD.
They are going to refund his deposit, so it sounds like a done deal. Doesn’t give me a good feeling about that AD either.
Old 15 February 2018, 05:07 AM   #28
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
They are going to refund his deposit, so it sounds like a done deal. Doesn’t give me a good feeling about that AD either.
Surely this is extremely honest of the AD, taken at face value they don’t want to hold the deposit with no delivery date. I am assuming you are still number one on the list.
Russell996 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 05:16 AM   #29
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Surely this is extremely honest of the AD, taken at face value they don’t want to hold the deposit with no delivery date. I am assuming you are still number one on the list.
Yeah, it’s seem odd that they would refund his deposit IF he is still #1 on the waitlist. But he’s been first on the waitlist since last April. Something is not adding up here.
Old 15 February 2018, 05:22 AM   #30
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Its more the no 5711's this year and has been #1 since last April. That's 20 months w/o a 5711. That seems weird. The deposit refund is good, since they have had it a long time.