The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 February 2018, 10:59 AM   #61
JLM3
"TRF" Member

Watch: blusylvx2blnrsmpbb
Great watch and glad I picked one up when I did.
JLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 11:04 AM   #62
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
I don't understand the allure/demand of this watch when compared to other BB, can someone explain? Why is a standard ETA movement more coveted than an in-house newly developed, COSC, 70HR high power reserve with anti-magnetic silicon hairspring movement?
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 11:05 AM   #63
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myporsche View Post
I don't understand the allure/demand of this watch when compared to other BB, can someone explain? Why is a standard ETA movement more coveted than an in-house newly developed, COSC, 70HR high power reserve with anti-magnetic silicon hairspring movement?
Its all about the production run, the ETA black had a low run
Old 13 February 2018, 11:12 AM   #64
Polarbears
Banned

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Scarcity. Anything produced in low numbers related to Rolex will balloon in value because they are super collectible. The added charm of the Rose logo, thinner case(which wears better) and don’t forget these have modified top end ETA and are running COSC as well. Mine runs about +1 per day.
Polarbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 11:14 AM   #65
MARTIN1264
"TRF" Member

I just bought one on a strap.....now I have to find a bracelet. I wonder if Tudor if has them in stock...
MARTIN1264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 11:19 AM   #66
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTIN1264 View Post
I just bought one on a strap.....now I have to find a bracelet. I wonder if Tudor if has them in stock...
I got my bracelet off WUS for $300. Also these look great on the Ranger bracelet. I have both.

I’ve been trying to buy an extra of these watches to stash away.
Old 13 February 2018, 11:21 AM   #67
Kingsking
"TRF" Member

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-...n-4629195.html
Old 13 February 2018, 11:26 AM   #68
TickTockChuck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarbears View Post
Very well said. These are definitely very special watches.
Appreciate that! I have to say it's one of my best running watches with just 2 turns of the crown to get it going after storage. Accurate too and runs well within COSC. Enjoy yours! Cheers!
TickTockChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 11:27 AM   #69
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTIN1264 View Post

Here is the Ranger Bracelet on the ONE which was the charity black bay. It’s a great look. Strapcode sells a version of this bracelet for the Black Bay for around $50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 February 2018, 11:34 AM   #70
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
I’m betting that in the long term the model with the strap will be of the highest value. Id guess prob only 25% of production, if that, had the strap...
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 11:36 AM   #71
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchitect View Post
I’m betting that in the long term the model with the strap will be of the highest value. Id guess prob only 25% of production, if that, had the strap...
That’s an interesting point. That means only around 500 or so on the strap and the card says strap so it’s not like one can modify the card. Pretty unique. We may have to start a serial number thread to try to catalog these.
Old 13 February 2018, 11:53 AM   #72
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post

And he fact that eta parts are plentiful and cheap and You won’t need a Rolex parts account to fix them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 11:57 AM   #73
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Here is the Ranger Bracelet on the ONE which was the charity black bay. It’s a great look. Strapcode sells a version of this bracelet for the Black Bay for around $50.

On a Ranger bracelet.

bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 12:25 PM   #74
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post

On a Ranger bracelet.

Great look!
Old 13 February 2018, 01:35 PM   #75
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:
Scarcity. Anything produced in low numbers related to Rolex will balloon in value because they are super collectible. The added charm of the Rose logo, thinner case(which wears better) and don’t forget these have modified top end ETA and are running COSC as well. Mine runs about +1 per day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
Thanks for the explantion, I personally wouldn't pay the premium and would prefer technological innovation of the new movement to scarcity but I understand from a collectors point of view.

Last edited by myporsche; 13 February 2018 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: edit
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 03:19 PM   #76
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the explantion, I personally wouldn't pay the premium and would prefer technological innovation of the new movement to scarcity but I understand from a collectors point of view.
I understand more than you could know... I’ve been on the hunt for another for a while now and at one point $2800 seemed expensive-It’s now a bargain. Anything under $4000 is a bargain right now. And who knows the day may come when we are saying anything under $10,000 is a bargain. My point is that it’s all relative. The person who pays $5,000 today might by this time next year have a $10,000 Watch and doubles their money. That kind of appreciation will not happen with any other Tudor. In fact I bet if you pay retail today on a brand new black Bay this time next year you lost $1000. It’s all relative.
Old 13 February 2018, 04:02 PM   #77
Pattyb69
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR|LVC|PAM 911
I just scored and bought a brand new one today! Hidden in an ADs safe. Should arrive later in the week. It still has all the factory stickers on it and its unsized. Should I wear it, sell it, hide it in a safe?!
Pattyb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 04:10 PM   #78
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyb69 View Post
I just scored and bought a brand new one today! Hidden in an ADs safe. Should arrive later in the week. It still has all the factory stickers on it and its unsized. Should I wear it, keep it, hide it in a safe?!
Great score!

Easy question.... I’d wear it. Patina seems to help increase values. Tudors and Rolex seem to sell for more with Patina. No?
Old 13 February 2018, 04:12 PM   #79
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Great score!

Easy question.... I’d wear it. Patina seems to help increase values. Tudors and Rolex seem to sell for more with Patina. No?
No. Only for vintage. And then mainly only patina of the lume. Not scratches and daily wear. For supposed "investment" I'd keep it in the box with stickers.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 04:20 PM   #80
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
No. Only for vintage. And then mainly only patina of the lume. Not scratches and daily wear. For supposed "investment" I'd keep it in the box with stickers.
Hmmm. I really need to find another of these then.
Old 13 February 2018, 05:38 PM   #81
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Black Bay noir eta

Quote:
That’s an interesting point. That means only around 500 or so on the strap and the card says strap so it’s not like one can modify the card. Pretty unique. We may have to start a serial number thread to try to catalog these.

Luckily I swapped my strap for another and put the original in the box. I love the look of bbn and the Tudor rose. Although I wear my watches and not for investment, I was hoping a low production run would be an added benefit to owning this version. Fortunately I did sell to a really good friend at a slight discount to market

brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 10:44 PM   #82
MARTIN1264
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyb69 View Post
I just scored and bought a brand new one today! Hidden in an ADs safe. Should arrive later in the week. It still has all the factory stickers on it and its unsized. Should I wear it, sell it, hide it in a safe?!
Did you pay full price or discounted?
MARTIN1264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 11:31 PM   #83
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor/Breit
Quote:
Originally Posted by airchitect View Post
Interesting perspective. Most of the ones I have seen for sale came with the leather strap. I would have thought that it would have been the other way around.
opawlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 12:19 AM   #84
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by opawlows View Post
Interesting perspective. Most of the ones I have seen for sale came with the leather strap. I would have thought that it would have been the other way around.

Exactly....everyone is holding on to the versions with the bracelet and offloading those with the strap. But over time, the wear and tear on the strap models will make finding a great one tough. I feel like years from now, when u see them for sale, you’ll see 5 out of 100 on a pristine, original strap, a bit more on straps that are beat to hell, and the other 75% on bracelets.
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 01:51 AM   #85
Kainz
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor
Woa thats awesome news! It makes it even more special now, although I gotta be more careful with it now, it's already pretty scratched up.
Kainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 02:20 AM   #86
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by opawlows View Post
Most were shipped on a bracelet. The bracelet is most common.
Old 14 February 2018, 04:28 AM   #87
Pattyb69
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR|LVC|PAM 911
Quote:
Great score!

I'm definitely gonna wear it. Im short sighted when it comes to watches and have a lot of trouble holding onto them for "investment" purposes. I just really enjoy wearing them.

I never loved the bracelet, so I'm probably gonna leave that stickered up and wear it on an Everest rubber strap or the supplied black NATO.
Pattyb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 04:41 AM   #88
perry731
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Most were shipped on a bracelet. The bracelet is most common.
lol.... Funny.

No one cares of the leather strap seriously. There's a reason why the second hand markets are flood with leather strap version. Bracelet version is the real deal and should worth at least US$200 on any given days. It's much easier to find a leather strap replacement than the bracelet. If the overall production is 3000, 2000 of them should come with leather straps.
perry731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 05:05 AM   #89
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry731 View Post
lol.... Funny.

No one cares of the leather strap seriously. There's a reason why the second hand markets are flood with leather strap version. Bracelet version is the real deal and should worth at least US$200 on any given days. It's much easier to find a leather strap replacement than the bracelet. If the overall production is 3000, 2000 of them should come with leather straps.
I think you answered your own “thinking out loud”. If more prefer the bracelet then the bracelet version would sell more frequently therefore I imagine Tudor would make more of the version that is more popular. There was one on leather for $4300 on Chrono24 that sold within 1 hour. It didn’t sell quickly because it was on leather, it sold quickly because collectors are buying these as soon as they see them. Sure I don’t disagree that buying the strap after the fact is easier. I bought a strap for my Black Bay Steel Bezel which came on Bracelet. I found a used strap for $150. Compare that to the bracelet I bought for my Black Rose which I found on WUS for $300. But I think the larger point is that at this time just get one, any version then add the bracelet or strap later having the actual watch is the hard part not the accessories.
Old 14 February 2018, 05:10 AM   #90
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry731 View Post
lol.... Funny.

I actually agree with you the Black Bay is a better fitting watch on straps and Nato’s. I never wear my bracelets any longer the Black Bay just works so well on the wrist with a good strap.