The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 February 2018, 11:20 PM   #31
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Zero doubts with Tony.
Do what you need though to feel good about the purchase.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2018, 11:22 PM   #32
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
It's rational because you are new and it's a lot of money to spend on trust, it's irrational from our POV because we know Tony and his volume of sales here and how he would never knowingly risk all his business on the second largest watch forum online, and nowadays almost certainly the most vital.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2018, 11:29 PM   #33
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

I wouldn’t call it irrational but I wouldn’t do it myself!!
Old 11 February 2018, 11:33 PM   #34
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
As you note, it's only your own paranoia that has you concerned. It has nothing to do with the seller. So why drag his name into it?
Yes, bad form. No disrespect to OP, but hopefully lesson learned.
Old 11 February 2018, 11:34 PM   #35
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

I would tell you that I am 100% certain that if you dealt with Tony everything is as it should be. In the extremely, extremely unlikely event that any of our trusted sellers ever passed along a watch that turned out to be fake I'd be very confident that it would be remedied immediately by the sellers themselves.

I did a deal with with bodybump AKA Oscar a few years ago. He didn't like the idea that the BLNR that I purchased from him was held up at a post office over some delivery issue so he sourced me another immediately and had it sent to me next day air so that I didn't have to wait any longer than we agreed upon even though I had no issue doing so.

I purchased a Panerai from DavidSW that was inadvertently magnetized at some point losing very minimal time. The guy literally had me send it back and had the problem corrected over a weekend. I am not sure you could get that kind of service even from an AD.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2018, 11:39 PM   #36
aes7.5x55
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Tony is 100% Responsable and respectable.
I completely agree.
Why is it always 10:10:31?

Last edited by aes7.5x55; 11 February 2018 at 11:41 PM.. Reason: Typo
aes7.5x55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2018, 11:39 PM   #37
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager135 View Post
I would tell you that I am 100% certain that if you dealt with Tony everything is as it should be. In the extremely, extremely unlikely event that any of our trusted sellers ever passed along a watch that turned out to be fake I'd be very confident that it would be remedied immediately by the sellers themselves.

I did a deal with with bodybump AKA Oscar a few years ago. He didn't like the idea that the BLNR that I purchased from him was held up at a post office over some delivery issue so he sourced me another immediately and had it sent to me next day air so that I didn't have to wait any longer than we agreed upon even though I had no issue doing so.

I purchased a Panerai from DavidSW that was inadvertently magnetized at some point losing very minimal time. The guy literally had me send it back and had the problem corrected over a weekend. I am not sure you could get that kind of service even from an AD.
Exactly why trusted sellers have their reps. I would not have any doubts about doing business with a volume trusted seller from this site. Unlike AD's the only thing a TS has is his or her word. They work harder than AD's to earn the trusted seller status. Just my opinion.
Old 11 February 2018, 11:43 PM   #38
Brny11
"TRF" Member

When I got my first watch from a trusted seller, yes I had the feeling. Now, I don’t think twice. I walk into ADs only with hopes to get lucky with a hulk, blnr or who knows, maybe a DaytonaC (wishful thinking).

For watches I research, take my time with and if the price is right, trusted seller all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2018, 11:44 PM   #39
Phrank
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ♕
I just bought my Daytona from Tony, and as the saying goes, "Buy the Seller, not the watch."

I had some great help here from another forum member, and after going through 21 pages on TRF of superb reviews for Tony going back years and years, I felt pretty darn sure that everything was going to be perfect, and it was.

As mentioned, if it makes you feel better, go for it...but sounds like you did your research and you should be secure in that.
Phrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2018, 11:47 PM   #40
Spoonage

Personally, I think the trusted sellers on here are trusted sellers for a reason. They stand behind the watches they sell, and if there are any issues a simple PM or call to them should clear everything right up. It’s one thing if you bought it on an auction site from someone with only a few feedback. It’s another to buy it from trusted sellers here that have been doing hundreds of transactions to forum members. Many of these trusted sellers bend over backwards to help out this community and that’s why some many on this forum continue to purchase from them. If it truly makes you feel uncomfortable then bring it to an AD to get reviewed. While there you might as well get an appraisal for insurance purposes.
Spoonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2018, 11:53 PM   #41
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
It's rational because you are new and it's a lot of money to spend on trust, it's irrational from our POV because we know Tony and his volume of sales here and how he would never knowingly risk all his business on the second largest watch forum online, and nowadays almost certainly the most vital.
^^^This -- spot on my friend.
RHIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2018, 11:58 PM   #42
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
You are wasting your time and money. Also, what does getting it authenticated after the fact do? In most cases it would be too late.
ronricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 12:34 AM   #43
melrob1
"TRF" Member

You have to do what makes you feel conned comfortable. Honestly being concerned as you are I’m shocked you made the purchase from anyone other than an AD. If you researched Tony on here or even Googled him you would realize you have no concerns. Tony is more of a Rolex professional than most AD’s as for being able to authenticate. Tony has already authenticated it before seling to you.
melrob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 12:35 AM   #44
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Perfectly well said. I have said numerous times that I can understand someone purchasing their first or second watch from an AD. I can understand someone purchasing all their watches from an AD if they have a great relationship.

I think once you get over the idea that you are spending many thousands of dollars on a wristwatch, you become more comfortable with the prospect. Sending that money to someone as opposed to a company becomes arbitrary.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 12:38 AM   #45
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
I've done at least three deals with Tony. You don't have to worry about anything with your watch. He wouldn't risk his reputation and sell something that isn't 100% genuine.

Enjoy your watch
Old 12 February 2018, 12:51 AM   #46
Yobber76

Watch: BLNR VTNR PAM 915
I agree with many on this thread, that you could have stated your concern buying from a TS instead of an AD without naming the TS. I hope you have your watch verified for your peace of mind. Assuming that happens and the watch is authentic, I hope you come back on the forum and praise Tony for the transaction, as it pleased you at the time you made it. I hope you enjoy your watch too.
Yobber76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 01:02 AM   #47
RichM

Watch: out now,take care!
I have never bought from Tony myself, but his reputation here is above reproach. I don’t believe you have anything to worry about. With that being said, for peace of mind, spend the $150.

Congrats and enjoy the watch.
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 01:14 AM   #48
rebel_1
"TRF" Member

As others have said, there is a reason why he is one of the TS here. You can tell this by all of the responses. I’ve never purchased from him, but I would without hesitation.
Old 12 February 2018, 01:18 AM   #49
David cote
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Watches etc
No disrespect at all, maybe you should’ve bought from an AD in the first place if you had that much doubt about the purchase. Tony is an amazing dealer and nothing buying good thing to say about him, have had a lot of transactions without a hitch.

Flying to AD is a little extreme but I do understand your feeling of doubt. But it sounds to me like you have done you homework and it worked out.

Enjoy the watch, looks amazing. Wear in great health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
David cote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 01:32 AM   #50
CDNWatchNut
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
I'll add my rational opinion to the "yes, you're being irrational" contingent.
CDNWatchNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 01:49 AM   #51
Duey
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many To List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
I've done at least three deals with Tony. You don't have to worry about anything with your watch. He wouldn't risk his reputation and sell something that isn't 100% genuine.

Enjoy your watch
I've done a few more with Tony and have to agree
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 01:52 AM   #52
ny_yeti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
If your Rolex was not purchased from a Rolex AD have it checked out for your peace of mind.

I am sure your are not alone.

I have certainly done this.
yup, for sure
ny_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 01:54 AM   #53
Tangier11
Banned

Watch: ROLEX
I have to echo what has been said. There is a reason they are called "Trusted" It would not be in THEIR best interest to sell a watch with whatever issues. Buy they seller is the best advice you could get. Not sure how the AD authentication works, but it has been my experience that many ADs are not all that knowledgeable.
Tangier11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 02:10 AM   #54
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchfellow View Post
This might be one of the most naïve statement I've read today.
No offense, but there is no need to be rude.
Old 12 February 2018, 02:10 AM   #55
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

It's an irrational waste of time, money and effort to do this.

The TD route simply is not for you. I would return the watch and WAIT for the AD to have one come in and give you the white glove experience.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 02:11 AM   #56
Dis
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN/116610LV
I just want to clear something up: This thread was made to analyze my own decision making, not the dealings with the seller in any way. Naming the seller was without a doubt poor taste, but I stand firmly by my statement in the "Who's Who?" section that the sale made was nothing short of exceptional. Nonetheless, I meant no disrespect and if it came off as such, I apologize.

As many of you stated, I should have purchased from an AD. Just my mentality. I guess the miasma of comments from people around me after I described the transaction definitely affected me, as I felt great the day I got the watch.

Thanks again for the input everyone
Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 02:15 AM   #57
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchfellow View Post
Never, never, never, never, ever buy a Rolex from anyone online. Only buy from an AD.

The internet is good for many things. Buying a luxury watch is not one of them.

No offense, but we can agree to disagree.
Old 12 February 2018, 02:17 AM   #58
Scapegoat
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Pro
Do what makes you feel good! Its your watcg anyway!
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 02:18 AM   #59
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
It's an irrational waste of time, money and effort to do this.

The TD route simply is not for you. I would return the watch and WAIT for the AD to have one come in and give you the white glove experience.
Yep...gotta agree.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 02:19 AM   #60
Oceanlover914
"TRF" Member

Watch: None at the moment
If this helps in any way, like you I have had concerns about purchasing a Rolex from someone other than an authorized AD. Is it real? Has it been tampered with? Etc. I have had multiple dealings with “justrolexes” and every transaction has been smooth and above board. If you purchased your watch from Tony then you can bet everything is above board and as it should be. Enjoy your watch and put your worry to bed.
Oceanlover914 is offline   Reply With Quote