The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 13 February 2018, 07:50 PM   #61
hambone1983
2024 Pledge Member

there are nowhere near as many millionaires in China as the US. Its something like 1.5 million vs 14 million
Old 13 February 2018, 08:17 PM   #62
Terrakot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex LVc/BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagwap View Post
The cheap products are sold to the west. The well healed Chinese aspire to western designer products, not the copies. I've lived in China for 10 years and you would not believe the wealth here now, all made by selling high volumes of products to the west. Not everyone is rich, but the sheer number of millionaires has outstripped the US some time ago.

I've just walked out of a main Rolex showroom in Shenzhen, and it is also depleted of SS sport models. Only one Explorer. Plenty of DJ40s. But then it is Chinese New Year and I'm sure there has been a rush on gifts. Also Shenzhen is just and hour away from Hong Kong where the tax free price is lower, so most go there.

Can China make high quality products? Sure. You are probably reading this on one of them. Can they design them? Yes. A lot of R&D from the west is moving to China Because they have the engineers here to so it, and it's next to the supply chain. Do Chinese want to buy the Chinese luxury brands? Not yet if they can afford not to. But it will happen. Japan got to its position slower than China has.

China has the luxuray brands' attention, because they spend more than you.
When why so many Chinese are flocking to US and Europe? From this Dreamland?
Closed Thread