The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 February 2018, 03:41 AM   #211
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by multimedia View Post
I must say, that's very grand thing of you to say, Neil.

I'm a City fan since childhood, and I'm not sure if this (run) is better compared to when Shaun Goater scored 22 in Division 2. Or back in -08 when we finally were able to win at Old Trafford, after having waited 34 years (if my memory serves me right). It felt a bit more "real" then at least. But I guess this is the stern reality of football now a days; money, money, money...

Cheers,
Joe
Money does rule, PSG have also become very phenomenal very quickly, but as a Utd fan I would have to say it is about building a dynasty now, once you are clearly the best. The next step has to be can you win over many years and with different teams as Ferguson did, and the Liverpool of the 70/80s.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 03:44 AM   #212
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
Would it work?!

Branded boutiques would have less stock then the likes of Rockefellers.
You would hope AP would improve supply if it is more focussed and concentrated on the targeted end user, and esp in a big footballing city like Manchester where the chance to quickly upscale footballers and their wealthy supporters from the 202s and 44s to the Tourbillons etc is very high. And these guys would certainly prefer to buy new.
Old 15 February 2018, 03:54 AM   #213
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tridor Masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
are they opening any new boutiques though? The lounge concept is new and London got the first AFAIK

AD's are losing AP and there isnt new AP retail channels replacing them, unless you count e-commerce. Im not spending that kind of money on an internet purchase, its crazy to me. Especially if there is no where to try on a physical watch first.

I only know about the AP Royal Oak and I have only actually seen 2 of them while out and about .. One was at a car dealership which sells a certain high end brand (won't mention it because I don't wan't to offend anyone by "showing off") and the other was at a jewelry store. The one at the jewelry store was covered in diamonds and looked kind of like a "rapper watch", but it was interesting to see nonetheless .. So to AP the there are 2 words which come to mind "Bye Felicia"

Here are pics of the aforementioned diamond set AP Royal Oak. And with the price tag these watches came with (diamond) you'd almost have to be a member of the royal family to buy one.

I was told that the watch was all factory, but I know nothing of AP except they make a Royal Oak, and they are very expensive
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mc20021.jpg (12.5 KB, 332 views)
File Type: jpg mc20021b.jpg (13.4 KB, 331 views)
Old 15 February 2018, 04:19 AM   #214
wiswrist
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyKing31 View Post
One was at a car dealership which sells a certain high end brand (won't mention it because I don't wan't to offend anyone by "showing off")
Wouldn't happen to be Rolls Royce, would it?
Old 15 February 2018, 04:25 AM   #215
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rac10000 View Post
Wouldn't happen to be Rolls Royce, would it?

Yeah lol .... I was getting one of mine serviced .. The one I DIDN'T inherit
Old 15 February 2018, 04:32 AM   #216
wiswrist
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyKing31 View Post
Yeah lol .... I was getting one of mine serviced .. The one I DIDN'T inherit
... just took a wild guess ... your avatar had nothing to do with it.
Old 15 February 2018, 04:47 AM   #217
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
And he really, really, really didn't want us to know he perhaps owns an R-R and saw an AP at an R-R dealership...
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 07:20 AM   #218
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The most beautiful lady in the world
Old 15 February 2018, 08:23 AM   #219
Colin W
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
I’ve only just realised this but when I ordered my platinum 44 I’d never tried it on and had only ever seen it in photos on here (TRF). The 1st time I put it on was when mine arrived at the AD, to be honest the size was initially a bit overwhelming initially but my point is that I think that watches do sell in this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree - I have purchased 3 ROO without ever seeing or trying them on and several other pieces as well and never been disappointed.

Old 15 February 2018, 08:33 AM   #220
Colin W
"TRF" Member

If AP are going all boutique & Lounge style with watches selling at RRP (maybe better for us customers ref value retention?)I think it is only reasonable that they offer a full selection of pieces that we actually want to buy. They could literally stack em high and sell them for big ££££. Not sure about you guys but I buy pieces I like not just because they are limited availability or hard to get - however sometimes the ones I like are a challenge to source and buy right, but that’s also part of the fun in this hobby for me.

Old 15 February 2018, 08:36 AM   #221
Colin W
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You Guys crack me up LOL

Old 15 February 2018, 11:04 AM   #222
aquatimerfla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin W View Post
If AP are going all boutique & Lounge style with watches selling at RRP (maybe better for us customers ref value retention?)I think it is only reasonable that they offer a full selection of pieces that we actually want to buy. They could literally stack em high and sell them for big ££££. Not sure about you guys but I buy pieces I like not just because they are limited availability or hard to get - however sometimes the ones I like are a challenge to source and buy right, but that’s also part of the fun in this hobby for me.

If all this is true APs value will increase to Rolex level value retention. Easy.
aquatimerfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 11:48 AM   #223
holdtime
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
the only problem is AP is too cheap to actually open new boutiques. They are opening lounges instead.... "Lounge Only" doesn't sound as good either.

Many companies hide lack of growth by increasing revenue through increasing profit margins. AP is doing just that. They even announced a 12% increase in profit. The only problem was that was because of higher average selling price per watch (cutting out AD's). They are not growing at all actually and their brand footprint is decreasing.

The US in particular with its vast geographic size needs AD's if AP is going to be successful. IMO they are already not doing that well in the US anyway as they are not very widely known. With only a few boutiques, AP is setting themselves up to fail.
Is it time to sell?
holdtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 12:00 PM   #224
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdtime View Post
Is it time to sell?
Check what the squawkers on CNBC are saying first.
Old 16 February 2018, 05:45 AM   #225
K2Luxury
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, FPJ + LF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
Very cool to see you here! You have an extraordinarily collection of watches for sale. Would be very curious to hear more about how you expect these moves to affect someone in your business.
Thank you Marciano490. For us its a bit more challenging indeed but we still manage somehow. Their main target is just to increase the profits by maintaining the current production. Its smart but I think it can/will backfire mid-long term because don't forget they open their own boutiques at high fix costs...

Shaz
Old 16 February 2018, 05:46 AM   #226
K2Luxury
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, FPJ + LF
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
ap won't be able to stuff ad's with unsold inventory anymore if and when the economy turns bad and sales turn to crap.

exactly !
K2Luxury is offline   Reply With Quote