The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 13 February 2018, 04:40 PM   #1
uri40
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
AP Service Center Questions

When sending a watch to AP for warranty service must the waranty card be under ones name? What if its empty?

Is it advisable to polish the case to remove scratches after only 18 months of usage? Or will that thin out the case too much?
uri40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 06:25 PM   #2
japenney
"TRF" Member

Watch: undecided
The warranty card does not have to be under your name or filled out for AP to service a watch under warranty. They can look up the warranty number / serial number and see when the AD activated the warranty at point of purchase. There are only two possible concerns.

1. If they look up the watche's serial number and determine it was stolen they may retain it.

2. If the watch was sold "out the back door" at an AD and the AD did not activate the warranty than you may not have a warranty.

I would not polish a watch after only 18 months but that is just me personally as I do not like to polish my watches. For you if you want to have a new looking watch then no it most certainly will not thin out the case too much with only 1 polish. That was take many polishes. It is also worth mentioning that if the watch is just going in for a quick fix under warranty then you may have to pay for a polish. However if they are doing a full service under warranty I believe a polish is included if you want one. I could be wrong about the last bit.
Old 13 February 2018, 07:11 PM   #3
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

i didn't even provide any warranty info at APSC. They just said "we have it already" when they looked up the serial number. Sure its good to have obviously, but AP knows what the deal is without the paperwork.

As long as the warranty is activated, its fine.

dont polish now. I would say 5 year interval minimum. that way you get 20-25 years out of the life of the case from the first polish. Thats about how many polishes its good for. Assuming you dont want to pass it down or keep it longer of course.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 01:30 PM   #4
uri40
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Thanks, I contacted them and send them a picture of the warranty book/card and they were fine with it.

I have to scratches that look bad on the Diver that I would like to get polished since I'm going to send it for running fast (gaining time).
uri40 is offline   Reply With Quote