The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 February 2018, 10:15 AM   #121
perryj
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Swatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by smym18 View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but say this watch ends up going through multiple sales and someone who bought it legally takes it to a RSC, what happens?
If it’s was ever reported to Rolex as stolen, then Rolex will hold it and contact whoever reported it stolen I believe.
Rolex Explorer I and II both sold
Rolex Datejust 16233 and 16234 sold
perryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2018, 10:15 AM   #122
R@lex
"TRF" Member

Watch: dd40 228235
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsmom View Post
It means I simply want some help. I want to know who stole my son's watch. I think it was family. That is all I want to know - and if anyone does have the watch (and I don't think whoever has it now KNOWS it was stolen) - I just want to get the papers to them.I just need some finality to the situation. I AM NOT ACCUSING ANYONE ON THIS FORUM OF ANYTHING. i AM JUST ASKING FOR HELP!
I understood your point from your first post. I don't understand why are people coming at ya at all...

Hope you find the thief!!
Old 16 February 2018, 10:15 AM   #123
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
She's already explained that the card in the photos is in her current possession. Her son owned the watch some time (and some owners) after the web site sold it.
Sorry...got overlooked in the deluge.
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2018, 10:18 AM   #124
smym18
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryj View Post
If it’s was ever reported to Rolex as stolen, then Rolex will hold it and contact whoever reported it stolen I believe.
Can it only be reported by the original owner whose name is on the card I assume?

100th post - I really learn so much from here.
smym18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2018, 10:19 AM   #125
jimcarver
"TRF" Member

Welshwatchman sorry, I don't think she has said that at all (post 116, I don't know how to quote).
I understand she has the papers but I do not think she has said her son owned it after the website sold it, I do actually think that is probably the case but until it is confirmed contacting the website is the only link to the watch at the moment.
jimcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2018, 10:21 AM   #126
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcarver View Post
(post 116, I don't know how to quote).
In the post you wish to quote, look for the button that says "Quote." Pressing that will automatically quote the entire post. You can then edit it down to just the part you wish to include.
Old 16 February 2018, 10:26 AM   #127
jimcarver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
In the post you wish to quote, look for the button that says "Quote." Pressing that will automatically quote the entire post. You can then edit it down to just the part you wish to include.
Thanks
jimcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2018, 10:27 AM   #128
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Thanks
Old 16 February 2018, 10:35 AM   #129
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smym18 View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but say this watch ends up going through multiple sales and someone who bought it legally takes it to a RSC, what happens?
There are a bunch of lawyers here and I'm not one of them.

I'd change the sentence to "someone who thought they bought it legally".

Obviously a stolen car would be a easier analogy to make, but there is no governmental registration of watches as there is with cars.

The estate of the deceased would have had to formally lodge a claim of theft against this watch and for that to be accepted by the authorities.

At that stage there's a rightful owner on record. I am not sure that this happened on this occasion.
Old 16 February 2018, 12:16 PM   #130
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee1 View Post
Her son's story checks out and swisswatchexpo looks shady to me. I'm sure many of you would know better than I do, but I'm guessing it won't be that tough to generate fake papers. And in OP's defence, it'll be very low for any human (even trolls) to come up with a story like this.

Well I’ve known the owners Jake and Victoria at SwissWatchExpo for several years and my watchmaker worked with Jake back in the Maier & Berkeley days here in ATL. They don’t generate fake papers.

A watch with a card is how SWE would have known it was first sold in 2013. Rolex wasn’t using paper certificates on Random s/n watches at that time.

Is it possible that Bear’s Mom has the sales receipt that may have accompanied the sale to her son?

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2018, 12:22 PM   #131
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Well I’ve known the owners Jake and Victoria at SwissWatchExpo for several years and my watchmaker worked with Jake back in the Maier & Berkeley days here in ATL. They don’t generate fake papers.

A watch with a card is how SWE would have known it was first sold in 2013. Rolex wasn’t using paper certificates on Random s/n watches at that time.

Is it possible that Bear’s Mom has the sales receipt that may have accompanied the sale to her son?

She keeps mentioning "papers". Have no idea what they are as no pics of them to be seen. The watch has a "card". Confusing.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2018, 12:30 PM   #132
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yes - the original owner was George Felts of Pensacola Fl date of purchase 12-5-13.

I wouldn’t place too much emphasis on that name. The image of the warranty card in the SwissWatchExpo listing appears to have been altered by someone before it got to them.

Notice how the date is entered in ballpoint pen, but the name appears in a different type of pen? And the underlying security text appears to be lightened for some reason.

Not claiming there’s a nefarious motivation for a different name on the card - sometimes people who sell a watch don’t want their real name being passed forward. In my humble opinion, SWE sold the watch to someone and it likely was on their eBay store where most of their deals are posted.

Old 16 February 2018, 12:30 PM   #133
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
She keeps mentioning "papers". Have no idea what they are as no pics of them to be seen. The watch has a "card". Confusing.
"Papers" is common parlance for the documents that come with a watch, such as when you see a pre-owned watch listed as having "box and papers," or a grey market watch coming with "open papers." I've been assuming OP is using the term in that sense, although since she's not a watch person, it's possible she means something else.

As for pics, I won't hold my breath. She's acknowledged she's not computer savvy.
Old 16 February 2018, 12:36 PM   #134
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone

As for pics, I won't hold my breath. She's acknowledged she's not computer savvy.

Well the pictures were in the SWE listing newbee posted. Here they are as screen scrapes.

Old 16 February 2018, 12:56 PM   #135
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Well the pictures were in the SWE listing newbee posted. Here they are as screen scrapes.
I meant pics from her, which is what I thought Bigblu meant.
Old 16 February 2018, 12:58 PM   #136
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Ah so, misunderstood.

I do think Bear’s Mom has paper rather than card. Only WIS say papers when they mean card

Old 16 February 2018, 01:04 PM   #137
Canefan1
Banned

I’ll hit Powerball before Bears Mom gets that watch.
Canefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2018, 01:05 PM   #138
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
I do think Bear’s Mom has paper rather than card. Only WIS say papers when they mean card
Well, that would be a conundrum, since the SWE listing shows a card and booklets. What would the "original Rolex certification papers" be if not the card?
Old 16 February 2018, 01:42 PM   #139
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
Well, that would be a conundrum, since the SWE listing shows a card and booklets. What would the "original Rolex certification papers" be if not the card?
Maybe it is a watch appraisal? Or a authenticity type certificate made up by a jeweler or watchmaker who examined or authenticated the watch? Darned if I know. Don't know how she can't be computer savvy unless she is elderly or really old school. Oh well, popcorn in hand this will be interesting to see how it all pans out.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2018, 01:42 PM   #140
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Missing your Rolex certification papers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone

I could not hazard a guess - but the RSC issues paper when they certify authenticity.

Old 16 February 2018, 02:10 PM   #141
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Don't know how she can't be computer savvy unless she is elderly or really old school.
I've seen how my mother is with computers. I totally get it.

Quote:
Oh well, popcorn in hand this will be interesting to see how it all pans out.
Hopefully we're through being yelled at by people who think we're a-holes, so I don't have to unsubscribe again.
Old 16 February 2018, 10:46 PM   #142
bearsmom
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex (only one!)
SamP -
I am not sure that my "replies" are getting to people who post - I have tried to explain my situation (although my "syntax", i.e. 'sentence structure' is poor, according to some). I am not the most computer savvy person in the world (unlike others on here who have been "high-fived" for locating my IP. (Wish he would share it with me - I don't even know it! lol!) Anyway, all of that amount to nothing..I thought I was coming to a place where "like-minded" folks could give me some suggestions concerning my situation. Some have been nice - some have insinuated that I am a thief, a liar, a con artist, a briber, and on and on. I guess this is not like the USN where I used to pour over with my son, who was also an avid knife collector. (I even had a FB private message from a member on this forum who knew my son through knife collecting - asking me who I was and to help him find Brandon's (Bear's) REAL mom. I told him I was Brandon's REAL - I had remarried 35 years ago, so - different last names. I have nothing to hide. I have offered my e-mail, my cell #, etc. I just wanted some help. If you do get this - please e-mail me at cmjinpg@aol.com. If you would, maybe you would be kind enough to help me work my way through this site so that I do not offend anyone. Needless to say - after reading more of the posts this morning...I feel like an idiot for reaching out to those who would help in the first place. If you feel like calling me and getting the whole story - my cell is 336-674-7705. Please feel free to do so. And thank you for not calling me names. Thanks! bearsmom.
bearsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2018, 10:49 PM   #143
bearsmom
"TRF" Member

Thank you.
Old 16 February 2018, 10:52 PM   #144
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
SamP -
I am not sure that my "replies" are getting to people who post - I have tried to explain my situation (although my "syntax", i.e. 'sentence structure' is poor, according to some). I am not the most computer savvy person in the world (unlike others on here who have been "high-fived" for locating my IP. (Wish he would share it with me - I don't even know it! lol!) Anyway, all of that amount to nothing..I thought I was coming to a place where "like-minded" folks could give me some suggestions concerning my situation. Some have been nice - some have insinuated that I am a thief, a liar, a con artist, a briber, and on and on. I guess this is not like the USN where I used to pour over with my son, who was also an avid knife collector. (I even had a FB private message from a member on this forum who knew my son through knife collecting - asking me who I was and to help him find Brandon's (Bear's) REAL mom. I told him I was Brandon's REAL - I had remarried 35 years ago, so - different last names. I have nothing to hide. I have offered my e-mail, my cell #, etc. I just wanted some help. If you do get this - please e-mail me at cmjinpg@aol.com. If you would, maybe you would be kind enough to help me work my way through this site so that I do not offend anyone. Needless to say - after reading more of the posts this morning...I feel like an idiot for reaching out to those who would help in the first place. If you feel like calling me and getting the whole story - my cell is 336-674-7705. Please feel free to do so. And thank you for not calling me names. Thanks! bearsmom.
Here's a tip for you bearsmom.

click on the "Quote" button on the lower far right in the post you want to reply to and it will look like this.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2018, 11:12 PM   #145
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Well one way to help us help you is to take a picture of the papers/card you’ve mentioned.

Old 16 February 2018, 11:23 PM   #146
bearsmom
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjclark32 View Post
If he/she used to own the watch you'd think they'd ring up the person it was sold to and say, "Hey good news, I found the papers. Send me your address?"...
I plainly said MY DEAD SON owned the watch - it was stolen the night we found out he died - which was, sadly, and pretty sickly - 5 days after he died. ALSO, THE PERSON THAT STOLE THE WATCH IS A FAMILY MEMBER - AND BEFORE I BREAK ALL HELL LOOSE - I WANT ALL THE AMMO I CAN GET.

Last edited by bearsmom; 17 February 2018 at 12:01 AM.. Reason: OMITTED INFO
Old 16 February 2018, 11:29 PM   #147
bearsmom
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Maybe it is a watch appraisal? Or a authenticity type certificate made up by a jeweler or watchmaker who examined or authenticated the watch? Darned if I know. Don't know how she can't be computer savvy unless she is elderly or really old school. Oh well, popcorn in hand this will be interesting to see how it all pans out.
Guess what? The 62 year old Rocko the Technophobe figured out how to make MY post come up under the poster's post. Save me some popcorn. (By the way - I am a Member of the NCStateBarParalegalAssociation - so most of my "computer skills" are limited to on-line county and state information.
Old 16 February 2018, 11:29 PM   #148
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Quote:
I plainly said MY DEAD SON owned the watch - it was stolen the night we found out he died - which was, sadly, and pretty sickly - 5 days after he died.
Your two threads were merged into one.
When I responded it only said this:

If you own a Rolex Submariner Serial # 2132T5F4 Style114060 - let me know . I have the original papers for it - maybe we can work something out.!!

I’m sorry to hear about your son and I pass along my condolences.
Old 16 February 2018, 11:33 PM   #149
bearsmom
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well one way to help us help you is to take a picture of the papers/card you’ve mentioned.

If anyone on here lives near the Greensboro, NC area - I will gladly bring the "papers", or whatever they are called - to show them. And there is no change in ink of the back of the card - and I talked with "Mark" at SwissWatchExpo...and he was very kind...which is more than I can say for some folks on this forum...
Old 16 February 2018, 11:37 PM   #150
bearsmom
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Welshwatchman sorry, I don't think she has said that at all (post 116, I don't know how to quote).
I understand she has the papers but I do not think she has said her son owned it after the website sold it, I do actually think that is probably the case but until it is confirmed contacting the website is the only link to the watch at the moment.
There were apparently a series of "legal sales"..including my son's. The WATCH and BOX were stolen from him on the night of his death - but not the papers. I have them. Or at least the date we found out he died - which was 5 days after his death.

Last edited by bearsmom; 16 February 2018 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: left off info