The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 23 February 2020, 07:17 PM   #31
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

I’m really glad to have been hopelessly wrong about Fury’s punching, though he’s never shown that kind of destructive power before. The thing about him is that throughout his career he has consistently and continually improved. I remember watching his early fights when he was a gangly, malco-ordinated apple on sticks thinking he had absolutely no hope. Again I was completely wrong and his transformation to best heavyweight on the planet is complete.

I hope Wilder doesn’t exercise his rematch clause. A rusty Fury who had spent years living off pies and lots of white powder and had to shed the weight of a small man just to be able to get in the ring still won the first fight IMO. It’s hard to see how Wilder can compete with this version of Fury beyond getting very lucky.

I hope the fight with Joshua gets made, though I’m not sure AJ has much more of a chance than Wilder if Fury doesn’t lose his head again.
Old 23 February 2020, 08:38 PM   #32
Lol-x
Facilitator

Wilder was reputedly the heavy hitter, but Fury showed he can punch pretty hard too. I can't remember seeing a boxer bleeding from the ear before so that must have been an injury that was caused by an explosive punch from Fury.

Fury was the better man on the day, but neither boxer lost in terms of $$$. They each made more in an hour than many would earn in a lifetime

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2020, 08:54 PM   #33
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Excellent performance and the result was no surprise, although the manner of it was.

Fury will beat Joshua comfortably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2020, 09:12 PM   #34
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Wilder was reputedly the heavy hitter, but Fury showed he can punch pretty hard too. I can't remember seeing a boxer bleeding from the ear before so that must have been an injury that was caused by an explosive punch from Fury.
There was the second Holyfield/Tyson fight, but that wasn't caused by a punch.
Old 23 February 2020, 11:23 PM   #35
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
We all knew Fury was the better boxer but he showed alot of power last night which makes him a formidable all round foe, think AJ has a chance as he is a pretty good boxer himself and will not be arrogant but strategic, but obviously Fury is the heavy favourite. A big win there and he deserves to be spoken of alongside Lewis, thought the golden eras of HW boxing were over but there is still life in the old dog yet.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2020, 11:26 PM   #36
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
There was the second Holyfield/Tyson fight, but that wasn't caused by a punch.
Who would have thought after these 2 eagerly awaited seminal bouts the main talking point would be ears.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2020, 11:37 PM   #37
dimag333
"TRF" Member

I just read that fury licked the blood of wilders neck! Haha

I used to love boxing, Floyd killed it for me

steve
dimag333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2020, 11:44 PM   #38
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
No point in a rematch at this point. In 19 rounds of fighting Wilder was only able to win 2 rounds. Time for Fury and Joshua to fight. Wilder needs to sit it out and can fight the winner of that.
ronricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2020, 03:10 AM   #39
SPMN
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor, Omega
Congrats to these two for bringing the Heavyweight class back. Let’s just hope that Joshua can give Fury a real fight to sustain the momentum.
SPMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2020, 08:43 AM   #40
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
No point in a rematch at this point. In 19 rounds of fighting Wilder was only able to win 2 rounds. Time for Fury and Joshua to fight. Wilder needs to sit it out and can fight the winner of that.
Well said.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 12:03 PM   #41
xwalker4
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 114060/116500LN/PA
There’s no real reason for Wilder NOT to exercise his rematch clause. Make another nice payday again this year. Everyone knows he is (very) unlikely to beat Fury, but he doesn’t draw well on his own and his mystique is gone so this is his best bet for another big pay day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xwalker4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 12:58 PM   #42
Trouble15
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
Wilder said he will exercise his rematch. Like you said Ron, he'll make a nice payday. Hopefully not another one-sided match. If he at least puts up a decent rematch or can drop Fury while still loosing, at least he won't go out as bad as he did in the 2nd match. I can't see him beating Fury though, which seems to be everyone else's thoughts on here as well.

He blamed his performance on his entrance attire...

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...tume-wore-legs
Trouble15 is offline   Reply With Quote