The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 22 February 2020, 02:56 AM   #1
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Co-Axial Moonwatch/Moonphase spring bar question

I'm picking up a steel bracelet for my Coaxial Moonphase. Currently it's on the 21mm blue leather strap. Can anyone confirm if the bracelet uses the same, or different, spring bars?

I know on the standard Moonwatch they use different ones but not sure on this watch.

The bracelet I ordered has arrived but they didn't include spring bars. Wondering if I need to order if if I can use the ones I have.

Thanks!

This is the watch:

samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2020, 03:24 PM   #2
jburson250
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Hey Mike, good to hear you found a bracelet.

The bars I got with my bracelet were approx. 1mm shorter than the ones that came with the watch & strap.
I hunted for some spares, and found FB-7892's at Otto Frei. The cylinder "body" diameter is correct at 1.8mm, but not as wide as those supplied by Omega, with my watch and strap. The tips ("pivots") are correct at 0.9mm.
Here's the page - scroll to FB-7892:

http://www.ofrei.com/page_155.html#9545

I (fortunately) did not install the bracelet with the strap spring bars. I believe it would be difficult, if not impossible to compress and remove the bars, given there's way less wiggle room in SS end links than there is in leather.

These Otto Frei springbars are listed a double-flange. To my mind, double-flange bars are what we have in our SD43's. A design you can easily and successfully use a Bergeon 7825 on.

Best Regards,

Explorer 214270.
Sea-Dweller 126600.
Sea-Dweller Deepsea 126660 Black.
Submariner 5512.
PAM 514 Radiomir 1940.
Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37.
Speedmaster Moonphase 304.33.44.52.01.001.
RIP JJ
jburson250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2020, 11:42 PM   #3
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburson250 View Post
Hey Mike, good to hear you found a bracelet.

The bars I got with my bracelet were approx. 1mm shorter than the ones that came with the watch & strap.
I hunted for some spares, and found FB-7892's at Otto Frei. The cylinder "body" diameter is correct at 1.8mm, but not as wide as those supplied by Omega, with my watch and strap. The tips ("pivots") are correct at 0.9mm.
Here's the page - scroll to FB-7892:

http://www.ofrei.com/page_155.html#9545

I (fortunately) did not install the bracelet with the strap spring bars. I believe it would be difficult, if not impossible to compress and remove the bars, given there's way less wiggle room in SS end links than there is in leather.

These Otto Frei springbars are listed a double-flange. To my mind, double-flange bars are what we have in our SD43's. A design you can easily and successfully use a Bergeon 7825 on.

Best Regards,
Perfect, thank you Jim. That's exactly how it was done on my Moonwatch. Just wanted to verify they do it the same way with this one. The bracelet is in and waiting for me, but now I have to wait until they get the spring bars in. I'm hoping they can grab 'em off another watch they have in stock but I'm waiting to hear back. Hoping to pick up Monday.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
Old 23 February 2020, 01:08 AM   #4
jburson250
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Good. Glad I could help Mike.

Sounds like you bought the bracelet from an AD or OB. Hope you got a decent discount. Very hard to find 'em used - I was lucky to find mine at Bernard.

After a few months with my Moonphase, I must say I'm totally impressed with it's accuracy and rate consistency. Runs about +1.5, wether on-wrist, winder or table (in any position).

Good to hear from you!

Explorer 214270.
Sea-Dweller 126600.
Sea-Dweller Deepsea 126660 Black.
Submariner 5512.
PAM 514 Radiomir 1940.
Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37.
Speedmaster Moonphase 304.33.44.52.01.001.
RIP JJ
jburson250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2020, 02:12 AM   #5
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburson250 View Post
Good. Glad I could help Mike.

Sounds like you bought the bracelet from an AD or OB. Hope you got a decent discount. Very hard to find 'em used - I was lucky to find mine at Bernard.

After a few months with my Moonphase, I must say I'm totally impressed with it's accuracy and rate consistency. Runs about +1.5, wether on-wrist, winder or table (in any position).

Good to hear from you!
Purchased from an AD. No discount that I know of. Called two AD's and both quoted the same price $710. It's a great bracelet, far superior to the Moonwatch bracelet. So I don't mind paying that much for it. Love that it includes two half links and has the adjustable clasp similar to the Sea Dweller.

Mine is very accurate as well. I haven't really tracked it but every time I check it is within a few seconds it seems. Maybe I'll start tracking it on my app.

Totally love the watch. Had it for just about a month and I think there may have been two days where I wore something different. I have a very expensive Sea Dweller sitting in the safe week after week, but I can't bare to take this thing off. Probably my favorite watch now. I'm drawn to that moonphase for some unexplained reason. Puts a smile on my face every morning to see how it has progressed across the dial.

Thanks again for the help with this question and all my others. I'll post a picture after I get it on the bracelet.