The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 January 2021, 05:17 PM   #61
Macnavara
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFCON1 View Post
I just bought a beautiful piece from a private seller who bought it from the local AD a year ago. Original tax invoice was given to me also with full set. Upon collecting it I went straight to the same AD to ask if they could swipe the card and/or confirm they had supplied the watch. To my surprise they refused to confirm or swipe the card. They were very happy to resize the watch for me however.

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to sleep now after this as I’ve been comparing my wife’s box to mine and there are slight minuscule differences. The demons of doubt are attacking me.

Any advice on how I could revisit the AD to get peace of mind?
Loosing sleep...my advice...dont stay up all night comparing your wifes box
Old 26 January 2021, 10:50 PM   #62
DonRickles
Banned

Watch: Your mouth
I have had some sleepless nights, worrying over my wife's box too.....
DonRickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2021, 10:55 PM   #63
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRickles View Post
I have had some sleepless nights, worrying over my wife's box too.....

Fussing over it a few times. Yeah, I hear that.
Old 28 January 2021, 11:39 AM   #64
flal
"TRF" Member

You can call RSC and they can verify the date of sale and the AD where the purchase was done by using the serial number. Not sure if they’ll do it if you ask directly, but I had them verify this unintentionally when I sent my last watch in for service.

I didn’t have easy access to the box and warranty card for a watch I bought from a trusted seller. The watch was still under warranty and I asked if they would be able to verify warranty status by just the serial number. They were able to confirm the date of purchase, the AD, and that my watch was still under warranty. Saved me some time searching for the card, but it also verified the watch was likely legit (which I never doubted).

Good luck!
flal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 11:48 AM   #65
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
If the box difference is a major concern, know that Rolex ships the boxes and watches to the AD separately. When you purchase a watch, they grab a box and often don't match it up with the watch. Hope it all works out for you. I suspect it will.
GST15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 11:54 AM   #66
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmSquare View Post
Even if the AD confirms that they sold it, how would this resolve your doubts? Someone still might have swapped parts in the time before it was resold to you.

For what it's worth, if the piece is running well, feels good, and has all matching paperwork, then I would not worry.
Swapped out original Rolex parts from a perfectly good Rolex watch and then resell it? Really? WTF would anyone do that? So they can sell hot bleu parachrom hair springs on the black market ? Get real...
Old 28 January 2021, 12:42 PM   #67
sillo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5 Digit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFCON1 View Post
noticed the font inside my box was thinner under magnification than my wife’s box.
Don't put too much weight into the boxes. They're cheap and almost certainly not made by Rolex.

@TheGMTHand
sillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 02:23 PM   #68
Seddyspaghetti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Poor seller if he was honest and just trying to move one of his pieces. Now you just flagged him as a flipper to his AD bc of your lack of due diligence and insecurity before purchasing.

Tbh the seller should be the one losing sleep over a possibly ruined AD relationship.
Seddyspaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 10:15 PM   #69
blada4life
"TRF" Member

A long time ago before I was buying my watch I called torneau and they confirmed the watch was sold to gentleman I identified on date on receipt. That’s all you need. You don’t need them to swipe any cards. Call them or try someone else. Maybe you got a douche

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 11:09 PM   #70
Sgooter
2024 Pledge Member

The best (maybe only) way to ensure 100% authenticity of a used Rolex is to send it to an RSC for inspection and repair. You will receive back your "like new" watch, and the service invoice certifies the provenance of the watch along with a 2-yr warranty. I did this before selling one of my older watches a while back. Money well spent.
Sgooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2021, 01:22 AM   #71
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Assuming AD has the ability, it seems to me to be a reasonable request to ask the AD to verify ONLY that the watch was in fact sold from AD on a certain date as indicated on the card. As long as the OP is not requesting confirmation of authenticity or confirmation about buyer's personal identity, that seems quite reasonable, even if AD is not 'required' to provide.