The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 1 November 2017, 12:05 AM   #1
burak.82
"TRF" Member

Advice on buying pre-owned Submariner

Hi everyone, i lovd rolex and at some point i would love to own one. But at this point of my life, i would like to have more cash available aside so later if i decide to buy one, it wouldnt bother my head why i bought it.

Is it possible to make cash by buying second hand submariner without box or papers for really cheap and try to sell it again over the net?

For example i seen one ad in my area where seller is asking 3600€ for sub date, dont know the production date. Also if the watch has been been polished, serviced and so on.

If i can sell this over the net internationally with some profit, what criteria should i look into to make it a headacheless purchase and worth sale?

What people looking for when they are shoping for second hand watches? Like cars i suppose documentation factura box and 100% rolex parts without polished and mint condition?

Thanks for the advices and help

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Old 1 November 2017, 12:13 AM   #2
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Yeah...you're getting into the weeds here.

The problem with buying cheap is that there will be something wrong with the watch that will preclude it from having good resale value down the road.

If you're in it to make money on the resale, you should forget watches and try your luck at some other form of investments.

If you want a nice watch, suck it up and buy a nice BNIB or LNIB watch and wear it.
Closed Thread