The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 June 2016, 12:39 PM   #1
JoeG74536
"TRF" Member

two tone DJ or SS Sea Dweller

Debating on trading my DJ (and a little cash) for a SS Sea Dweller. My DJ is sharp, I love the watch but it's more of a classic dress watch. I wear it out with the wife and to church. My wedding band is gold so the two tone watch looks great with it. I've got a Chance to trade for the Sea Dweller which is more of a sport watch of course and will go better and look better with causal attire. It is also a beatiful piece as it would be worn daily where the DJ isn't worn daily. I'm honestly 50 50 either way on what to do, help me out ! Or....do I not trade and spend the money on a SS Tudor to wear daily and keep my DJ.
JoeG74536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2016, 01:35 PM   #2
Maiden
"TRF" Member

Really only you can answer this, I do think no matter which way you go, you will end up pining for one or the other. Tudor has some great watches, but if you really want the Sea Dweller I would suggest you wait and save for it. If this hobby has taught me anything, it is to get the watch you really want. Buying "filler" before you get what you really want just ends up costing more in the long run. Good luck!
Maiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2016, 01:55 PM   #3
Singslinger
"TRF" Member

A few months ago I traded in my two-year old TT Blue Submariner (with the sunburst dial) for a brand new Sea-Dweller 4000c that came with a 5-year warranty. It was a one-for-one swap at a gray market dealer, no cash either way.

Every one of my friends discouraged me from doing it on the grounds that the TT Sub is the more "sought-after'' watch. However, I asked myself - do I want to hang on to a watch that people think is desirable but hardly gets any wrist time, or do I want to switch to a watch that I might wear much more regularly?

It took me 5 mins to decide.

If you think the SD will spend more time on your wrist and give you more pleasure than the TT DJ, then make the switch. Both are great watches though, so either way you won't be making a mistake.
Singslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2016, 03:12 PM   #4
Z-Sub
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Not a ONEWatch Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singslinger View Post
A few months ago I traded in my two-year old TT Blue Submariner (with the sunburst dial) for a brand new Sea-Dweller 4000c that came with a 5-year warranty. It was a one-for-one swap at a gray market dealer, no cash either way.

Every one of my friends discouraged me from doing it on the grounds that the TT Sub is the more "sought-after'' watch. However, I asked myself - do I want to hang on to a watch that people think is desirable but hardly gets any wrist time, or do I want to switch to a watch that I might wear much more regularly?

It took me 5 mins to decide.

If you think the SD will spend more time on your wrist and give you more pleasure than the TT DJ, then make the switch. Both are great watches though, so either way you won't be making a mistake.

I'm glad you did the change. It's whatever sings to you.
TT Blue Submariner "P"
SS GMT-Master ll "M", Pepsi
Pam 311, 524, 297
Z-Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2016, 03:15 PM   #5
Eva123
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116333
My suggestion would be to buy SS Sea Dweller and retain DJ. These watches are from different categories. One is classic and could be worn during work time (if you wearing suit), another is for casual wearing and, of course, diving ;)
Eva123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2016, 03:24 PM   #6
armen34
"TRF" Member

Keep dj and figure out a way to buy what you want (sea dweller)
armen34 is offline   Reply With Quote