The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 October 2015, 02:27 PM   #121
tomalf123
2017 HULK Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, PP, AP
Any recs for independent Rolex repair in Phoenix area?
tomalf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2015, 10:02 AM   #122
kunlun
"TRF" Member

This thread needs a really solid watchmaker in New York City!

Is there a trusted watchmaker in NYC someone could recommend?

And yes, I saw the Chinese speaking only rec, but surely there must be another option as well?
kunlun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2015, 02:12 AM   #123
mikuda
"TRF" Member

Lancaster or Harrisburg PA

Any good repair shops in the Lancaster or Harrisburg PA area? Looking mainly to get my Submariner and Datejust polished
mikuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2015, 11:17 AM   #124
Griff57
"TRF" Member

A short story that may help your readers
After being let down badly by a repairer in Orlando who had agreed to service and repair My Steel and Gold Submariner serti and my daughters Lady Datejust in quite a short space of time while we were on holiday from the UK ,I found via this forum Rik Dietel of Time Care inc. Seminole Fl .
I emailed Rik the day before we flew to ask if he could help with my problem , I had a very positive reply within the hour and arrangements were made to deliver the watches .To cut a very long story short due to Thanksgiving and holidays etc it left Rik only 7days to carry out the work !
We duly collected the watches from his Workshop on a Saturday morning 7days later !!! I cannot speak highly enough of Rik and his craftsmanship The attention to detail was exceptional both watches looked like they were new items !!! and a very very nice person as well with nothing being to much trouble . I have no problem with giving this glowing review to a proper craftsman who is 110% trustworthy . So remember the name Time Care inc Seminole Fl One last thing the price was great to.I hope this will be of help as trust worthy craftsmen are getting harder to find these days
Griff57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2015, 10:36 AM   #125
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff57 View Post

After being let down badly by a repairer in Orlando who had agreed to service and repair My Steel and Gold Submariner serti and my daughters Lady Datejust in quite a short space of time while we were on holiday from the UK ,I found via this forum Rik Dietel of Time Care inc. Seminole Fl .
I emailed Rik the day before we flew to ask if he could help with my problem , I had a very positive reply within the hour and arrangements were made to deliver the watches .To cut a very long story short due to Thanksgiving and holidays etc it left Rik only 7days to carry out the work !
We duly collected the watches from his Workshop on a Saturday morning 7days later !!! I cannot speak highly enough of Rik and his craftsmanship The attention to detail was exceptional both watches looked like they were new items !!! and a very very nice person as well with nothing being to much trouble . I have no problem with giving this glowing review to a proper craftsman who is 110% trustworthy . So remember the name Time Care inc Seminole Fl One last thing the price was great to.I hope this will be of help as trust worthy craftsmen are getting harder to find these days
Rik is awesome and I wish there were more out there like him. His work simply speaks for itself.
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2016, 07:17 AM   #126
onthepond
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Cracked crystal replacement! Any suggestions for repair in the Reno/Carson City or Tahoe area?
onthepond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2016, 07:38 AM   #127
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master ll
In the Toronto area I deal with Damiani Jewellery in Woodbridge. He is pricey but good. Both watchers know Rolex like the back of their hand.
madmax21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2016, 02:20 PM   #128
sonny tadd
"TRF" Member

presidential bracelet

I was wondering if any one can help me find a 18 k gold pin for my Rolex presidential Deployment clasp Hinge that's in between the deployment clasp it's connected on the hinge part a pin on each side ? i lost one i'm looking for a replacement.Just need one. if any one knows where i can purchase one or wants to sell one just email me please at j.tadd65@yahoo.com just let me know the price or where i can purchase one thanks for the help much appreciated
sonny tadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2016, 09:39 AM   #129
configsys
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter01 View Post
Is anyone familiar with this outfit? They are in Sandy Utah. Claims to have good service prices. They have a website and list on eBay, but neither really means much when it comes to being reliable.

Dave
Just dropped off my Pepsi GMT to Leo at Official Watch Time. He's in downtown Salt Lake City now. Great guy!
configsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2016, 09:25 PM   #130
waitungh
"TRF" Member

Superlative Time UK

I can recommend Graham at Superlative Time in Ealing, London.

http://superlativetime.com/

Copied & pasted from post in General Forum:

Somehow the screw had gotten loose whilst I was washing my Datejust yesturday and some water got in, with condensation appearing on the glass.

Called up Graham at Superlative Time, who urged me to get it to him asap due to possible damage to the parts and dial. Luckily he is on my route to work and I so I arranged to visit him in his workshop the next day.

Right there and then, he removed the movement, and luckily nothing bad seemed to have happened. He invited me to watch as he removed the moisture, checked the case for water resistance and condensation, checked the movement and regulation, adjusted the beat error (it was 2.2ms out), before putting it back together giving me tips on how to adjust the bracelet so it remains tight.

During all this, we had a very nice chat about servicing, showing me the difference between old and new gaskets and the wear that happens to the pivots in a watch movement and why regular servicing is necessary to prevent having to replace parts.

He also asked a very reasonable fee for an hours work and overall I got a really good impression about someone who is personable, meticulous and takes real pride in his work.

He will certainly be getting my custom in the future.
waitungh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2016, 01:37 PM   #131
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunlun View Post
This thread needs a really solid watchmaker in New York City!

Is there a trusted watchmaker in NYC someone could recommend?

And yes, I saw the Chinese speaking only rec, but surely there must be another option as well?
Another TRF'er tipped me off to someone I can highly recommend in NYC!

Henry at WatchMakingProject.com
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=495053
kunlun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2016, 09:37 AM   #132
fskywalker
2017 Pledge Member

Watch: My Wrist!
Great thread! What about losting contact info of our TRF watchmakers?
Old 1 May 2017, 02:50 AM   #133
larrys
"TRF" Member

Any in NE Pa. ?
larrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2017, 01:55 AM   #134
530ExplorerII
2017 Pledge Member

Watch: Polar Explorer II
Independent Watchmaker References..

Hey Everyone - Tried searching this thread but couldn't seem to find a reference for anyone in the greater Sacramento or Northern California area outside of the Bay Area. If anyone could provide a reference within 30 miles of Sacramento I would appreciate it. I have a couple of Omegas that I would love some bracelet refinishing on. Leaning towards Bob Ridley if I cannot find anything local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 June 2017, 03:24 PM   #135
Al1969
2017 HULK Pledge Member

I know some members may be looking for an independent in the NYC/ Northern Jersey area. I came across these guys http://www.shamifinewatchmaking.com
I had them put a cyclops on a Tudor and also a very light polish on one of my other watches. Prices were reasonable, nice location and they did a great job on both occasions.
Old 22 July 2017, 04:13 AM   #136
70Tudorsub
"TRF" Member

Watchmakers International

Definitely a +1 for Bob Ridley and his son, Phil, at watchmakers International. My '70's Tudor sub fell to a slate floor. I sent it to him a week ago, he had gotten back to me four biz days later and they were very interested in the watch and the work it needed. They differentiated between required vs. nice to have repairs and work and explained everything in as much detail as I wanted. They answer the phone and reply to emails within a day or two. I'll post before and after pics of the actual work b[/COLOR]ut so far I can't say enough good things. They will bring my beloved watch from my dad's Navy diving days back to life!
70Tudorsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2017, 11:27 AM   #137
jrvines
"TRF" Member

Very pleased with recent service of a 5513 Sub by abcwatchwerks in Los Angeles. High quality, excellent communication, reasonable prices and timeliness.
jrvines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2017, 07:05 AM   #138
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff57 View Post

What an amazing and helpful recommendation! Thank you! I'm assuming shipping isn't an issue? I'm on the West Coast. Thanks again for taking the time to share this with the forum!
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2017, 12:59 AM   #139
chadrh
"TRF" Member

Any recommendations in the Boston area?
Old 5 December 2017, 11:08 PM   #140
RolexPete
2017 Pledge Member

Watch: Dad's 14060
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrh View Post
Any recommendations in the Boston area?
Also interested in Massachusetts recommendations.

1996 Submariner 14060* - 1972 Datejust 1601
1972 Oyster Perpetual 1002
Omega Seamaster 2265.80 - Omega Seamaster 300 166.0324
*RIP PAL 1942-2015
RolexPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2017, 11:35 PM   #141
tigey
"TRF" Member

Has anyone used Dennis Wong at Swiss Watch Repair in Pembroke Pines, FL?
tigey is offline   Reply With Quote